Hi, Nanny!

Nanny Love

Aunt Yoona...! Can I go to school now??” Jaebum shouted from the dining room, “I’ll be late!!”

Not yet..! Wait for few minutes more, Im still sauteing this spaghetti sauce! It’s your favourite!replied Yoona from the kitchen.

“Aunty, you are re-heating it, you don’t cook it!” Nayeon cut in to correct her beloved aunty.

Yoona then approached them in rush. She was wearing an apron and holding 2 plates of spaghetti. Alright-alright, you two. What’s with the nag of my cooking skill?”

Because you never cook, Aunty. Am I right, Lil Sis?” Jaebum winked to her younger sister.

Nayeon tossed her napkin to her silly older brother. “Cut it out, Aunty. We both know how busy you are daily. Don’t get yourself too busy to still take care of us here, we can manage to take care of ourselves...”

Then what? Let you two be drowned in junk foods and blowing up your fats? Ho-ho-ho, guess what, Im not that kind of person. Sorry, Guys.”

Jaebum and Nayeon laughed at the same time. “Then what are we going to eat now??” asked Jaebum between his giggles. “This is another instant food!”

Yoona pouted her lips cutely. “I promise just for this morning. I ran out of raw food ingredients inside my fridge yesterday, I forgot to refill them again. But, tonight I promise you I’ll buy everything we need for the whole next month. So, good bye instant food and welcome healthy food!”

“But, Aunty, who’s going to cook it?” asked Nayeon. The youngest girl gave her ‘I-can’t-even-hold-a-knife-properly’ look.

Yoona smiled. “Who else? Of course, it’s me!” she said confidently.

“No wonder I’ve had this weird feeling inside my stomach since yesterday. Looks like I’ll get another upset stomach...” cut Jaebum again. This time he got not only a death glare from Nayeon, he also got Yoona tossed a water kettle to him. “Forgive me, Aunt Yoona! I’m sorry, I was just joking..!”

 

“Sis, what’s wrong with you?? You don’t go to work late! Why today?” Seohyun spoke her concern. She knew exactly how Yoona would always get up earlier than anyone in the morning. So, she had never been going to work late even for once.

Yoona yawned. The woman later replied, “My nephew and niece have been a month staying with me. I must say, they are pretty exhausting my attention. Maybe it’s because I feel like they are my responsible right now, so I need to act like their real parents. Moreover, they are teenagers. You know how terrible teenagers can be if you lose your eyes on them a second. In the end, I can’t stop thinking on what they are doing while I’m gone and not around...”

“That’s normal, you know, worrying your nephew and niece. But, didn’t you say it yourself that you Guys are very close to each other? You don’t have to be that worry, because they will never hide anything from you.” Seohyun was helping Yoona cleaning her desk.

“Oh, no, Seohyun. But you know this too, don’t you? There should be some dirty little secrets they never told us as grown up people. And that is concerned me the most…”

Both Seohyun and Yoona were in silence. Yoona’s concern wasn’t a joke. Teenagers nowadays, just thinking about those words had made Seohyun feeling dizzy already. What about Yoona who must take a real act to face this? Definitely, she was so care of them and wanted only the best. Parents always wanted the best for their children. Suddenly, Seohyun got a brillian idea.

“Yoona!” called Seohyun with her twinkling eyes.

“What?” Yoona was surprised due to sudden Seohyun’s call.

“I know what you need! It’s-”

“Ms. Im Yoona, you got a visitor out there. He’s in raged and yelling wanted to see you in person,” they were cut by a security man. Both of them then started to follow him in rush to see the raging man outside.

Not Long After...

“You again??” shouted Yoona in surprise.

“Yoona, you know him?” asked Seohyun as she was the only one who felt unfamiliar to the raging man.

The man in grey suit was walking toward them calmly. “Hello, Ms. Im Yoona...”

Seohyun furrowed her left eyebrow. “How did this man even know your name? Don’t tell me that he is...”

“You remember him now?” Yoona was mumbling while looking at him in his eye-smiling eyes.

“Yo, I just found out that you got a stalker here!” screamed Seohyun innocently.

Yoona widened her eyes, so did the man. “Sorry, Miss, what a big mistake! I am not this lady’s stalker!” Yoona seemed more in annoyed when the man was pointing uninterestedly to her.

What do you mean, Mr. Kim Kibum??” she pissed. “If you’re not my stalker, what are you doing here beside throwing your anger around and scaring people in my office?”

“Kim Kibum?” Seohyun still had no clue about the man they were facing on.

“Seohyun, this raging man is the same pathetic man from the trial of Park Youngnam a month ago! You still can’t recognize him??” Yoona was losing her patient slightly.

For real?? Ah! I do remember him now! Yes, you’re absolutely right, Sis! No wonder I can’t recognize him before... his messy and pathetic face were gone and he becomes like this!” Seohyun said everything crossed in her mind unconciously.

Pathetic?? Me?? Yo, Miss! Excuse me, please don’t judge people by their looks! Moreover when you know nothing about them!The raging man named Kibum was complaining Seohyun.

How rude... I’m just saying the fact though...” Seohyun still acted innocent, Let me tell you, Mr. Kibum. If you come here just to sue us because of the cleared trial, you’re wasting your precious time. 30% of the compensation fund will be disbursed for 3 months. Please wait patiently at home. Because the amount of money is big, the government decides to give them in the next 3 months. And it has been considered as a very good final decision. As this case is one of money corrupting...” Seohyun explained long enough.

Silence for a while. Kibum then replied to Seohyun. “Easy to talk, as none of you have to suffer like I do. When judge sent him to jail, I had to lose my important investor for my last project. I suffered a big amount of debts and I covered them all by selling all precious things I had. But still not enough while now I have nothing! The only place I can call as house was also sold to cover my last debt!”

Yoona and Seohyun froze. They didn’t expect him to tell his pathetic life which was caused by the winning of their case. Unfortunately, Yoona’s smartphone was ringing.

Hello?”

. . .

Yes, Jaebum, I can hear you well. What’s up?”

. . .

Whaat?! Seriously?? Alright, I got it. I’ll be right there to pick you up.” Yoona hung up and sighed.

“What’s up?” asked Seohyun.

What to do? Jaebum was stuck between a group of demonstrants near the bus stop. There will be no bus available for the whole day. This month he has been late to school twice, if he gets late again today he will be suspended...” Yoona replied sadly.

Uh-oh, Yoona!” Seohyun just remembered something. “We have an appoinment with Sir. Major in one hour!

Gosh, I forgot! What to do??” Yoona was getting more panic.

“Yo! Miss! Don’t just stand and chatting there for yourselves! What about me here?!” Kibum complained again.

What?? Sorry, Mister, the problem I’m facing here is way more important and complicated! I’m stuck to choose between my family or my career!” Yoona was upset. So was the man in front of them. Seohyun who was standing between them could only low her head.

She was too embarrassed to the fact that two grown up people in front of her were quarrelling. Like kids fighting over their toys.

Complicated?? What you’re facing is just choosing between your family or your stupid job! Nothing can compare to my sacrifice to sell everything I have just to save everyone’s lives who depend on me!” cut Kibum fiercely.

What?? Say it one more time! Stupid job?? Have you even ever wondered how it feels to walk on a thin line while everybody is hoping you to fall down?? What I did that time was way more incomparable to your piece of stupid investment!” Yoona’s twinkling eyes had gone to be piercing eyes.

What is piece of stupid?? If only you had held the trial on first schedule, my piece of stupid investment would’ve been a billion won investment! You know that?!”

Why don’t you just tell me that you’re not prepared for business loss! In fact, your projects are just a piece of stupid investment!”

“Cut those piece of stupid investment words out!”

Why?? You’re going to tell me to your parents??”

You-”

Cut it out...!!” shouted Seohyun suddenly until the quarrel couple froze. Seohyun glared to each one of them as if she was cutting their lips off deathly.

You!” Seohyun pointed at Yoona.

M-me??” Yoona was hesitant. To be honest, it was the first time Seohyun slightly raised her voice to her.

Stop scoffing this man, Kibum is just a poor victim!” ordered Seohyun.

But, Seohyun! Why would you defend him??” Yoona argued her.

Kibum smiled happily. He thought he was the winner. But, it wasn’t long.

Don’t be too happy!” Seohyun warned Kibum. The man frowned. “You don’t have any place to stay and need job to earn money to make living, do you?

Kibum nodded hesitantly.

“Then, you can work to Yoona as her nanny of the house and she will pay you the same amount as our minimum pay rate!”

“Whaaatt?!!” both of them, Yoona and Kibum, surprisingly shouting in shocked together.

“Shut it!” unfortunately, Seohyun’s voice was more dominating that time. “Yoona, you must pick Jaebum now but we will have an important meeting too with the busiest Mr. Major! By having Kibum in your house, you’ll be easily watching over Jaebum and Nayeon. You’ll get both of important things right now!”

“B-but, why he has to stay in the same roof as me??” Yoona bravely asked to her partner.

“Kibum has nowhere else to go and live in. Don’t you still have a room available in your apartment? The empty room where you put an old piano inside next to your bedroom?”

Yoona nodded.

“Well, you can just move out that piano or move in to my house for temporary. I promise I’ll keep it well and safe. So, you can give the empty room to Kibum while he lives with you to be your nanny house. Just for the next 3 months as we consider him as employee in trial...”

“Wooo-ho-ho-ho-ho! Hold it, Miss! Who said I agree to your crazy idea??” cut Kibum in refusing tone.

Seohyun shook her head lightly. “No. You’ll definitely agree with me since it is your only way out. Your only nice way out to wait your money back for the next 3 months. Only-temporary.”

“What?? You think me as a house nanny for kids now??”

“They are teenagers on 16 and 15 years old. You’ll be working to her as working hours. Outside 9 to 5 is considered as overtime hours and you’ll be paid the same amount as overtime pay too. Start counting how much money you can get when you work to Yoona, Kibum. Oh, think about all the free fancy facilities you can use too in Yoona’s apartment. In Cheongdam. For free. How’s that sound?”

Yoona pulled Seohyun closer to her. “Are you out of your mind??” she whispered holding her doomed thoughts. “How could you let a stranger move into my apartment to live with me and my sister’s kids??”

“Geez... I’ve told you before, all you need is a nanny to help you watching over your beloved nephew and niece!” Seohyun patiently explained, “If you found that Kibum’s work is terrible, you could just cut his working contract. Only 3 months, Sis. Don’t you remember we’ll have a very hectic trial schedules for the next 3 months as well? Who are you going to hire to watch over Jaebum and Nayeon? As considering addition to know whether this man is really a good person, we can check his background to background check department in our office. Does he perhaps have any crime records to match his statement about selling all his things to pay back all debts? Easy, isn’t it? After that, everything is up to your decision.”

Yoona softened. It wasn’t her best option, but what to do? That woman didn’t have second option or third. By realizing all worst risks she could have in the next 3 months, Yoona nodded.

As for Kibum, Seohyun’s idea was his best option. He had nothing. Even that morning when he had to be in Yoona’s office, he had used all his left money. He was planning on staying in subway for the nights until he got Yoona’s attention.

“Fine, I agree!” said both of them in the same time. Again.

Seohyun smiled widely. “That sounds better,” she said happily. “Fine, first... Kibum, can you ride an Audi?”

“Of course I can, Miss.” Kibum replied right away.

“Alright. This is your first trial to pick up Jaebum in Cheongdam bus stop and drive him to his school in Seoul Art High School,” said Seohyun again while tossing her Audi’s car key to Kibum. He catched it nicely. “Inside the dashboard you can find all car papers and important numbers. My number and Yoona’s number in case you’re in trouble. Yoona will pay you right away when you’re back with my car here.”

“Fine. I’m going now.”

“Okay, please be careful! Don’t speed up although Jaebum will still be there on time! Please don’t scare him by speeding on streets!” Yoona was giving Kibum advices while actually his sillhoutte had already gone for a minute ago. “Thank youuuu...!!” she shouted again.

“Cut it out, Sis. Trust him from now on, will you? As for now, let’s get going to meeting room. Sir Major will be here in half hour more...” Seohyun dragged Yoona along.

“B-but, Seohyun! I shoud be worrying, shouldn’t I?? That stranger is taking my beloved nephew away!”

“No... He is just going to drive him to his school. Oh! Call Jaebum and tell him Kibum is picking him up not you!”

“S-Seohyun, how could you be this calm?? I’m dying already thinking on Jaebum right now!”

“No way, Sis... Relax! Be cool! Let time does its magic and we’ll see it...”

“S-Seohyun, but I-”

And both of them were disappearing behind the meeting room’s door.

 

Later That Night...

“Jaebuuum...! Nayeoooon! Where are you, Guys??” shouted Yoona in worry. She stormed into her apartment rushedly.

“Yo, chill! Oh, my...” Seohyun begged her. The woman in blue blazer had already held Yoona’s right arm to prevent her running around like crazy. Unfortunately, Yoona was just too strong as a man.

As the tallest between them, Seohyun couldn’t stop Yoona’s fast walking. “Nayeooon!” she called her niece once more impatiently.

“Aunty?” a boy’s voice replied.

Yoona turned her head to left and ran fastly as she found her beloved nephew. “Jaebum, thank’s God you’re alright!” said Yoona when she hugged tightly the tallest boy in her apartment.

“Aunt Yoona, stop! You’re embarrassing me in front of Aunt Seohyun here...” Jaebum was trying to break Yoona’s hug.

“Jaebum! What’s with you?? I’m worrying you so much!” Yoona pouted her lips cutely.

“Excuse me, Aunty... but I’m perfectly fine...”

“Oh, God, Aunty! What’s wrong?? What’s with your high pitch??” Nayeon was running to Yoona in hurry, “Oh, Aunt Seohyun, how are you?”

Nayeon!” cheered Yoona as she pushed away Jaebum to hug Nayeon instead. She almost squeezed her pretty niece.

“Here we go again...” sighed Jaebum and got Seohyun’s chuckles.

“Aunty, let me go, I can’t breathe! What is this all about??” Nayeon was baffled to find her aunty’s sudden hug.

“Thank’s, God, my beloved nephew and niece are fine...” Yoona was in tears.

Jaebum and Nayeon were looking at each other in confused, then look at Seohyun. They frowned to ask her explanation about their aunty’s weird act.

“Don’t look at me. It’s beyond my power, okay?” Seohyun dogded their question and chuckled instead.

“Aunt Yoona, what happened??” asked Nayeon once again to Yoona.

Yoona broke her hug and glared to her niece. She was frustrated because she felt Nayeon and Jaebum weren’t paying attention to her concern.

“Oh, both of you are here already?” asked another voice behind Jaebum from the kitchen entrance.

“Hi, Kibum! So, you’ve been in the kitchen. What are you doing?” asked Seohyun in calm.

“I’m cooking dinner for these kids,” replied Kibum pleasantly. Nayeon glared to him. The handsome man grinned. “Sorry, these lovely teens,” he corrected himself. Jaebum and Nayeon then smiled happily to him.

Yoona looked at Kibum in disbelief. While Seohyun was staring at him in awe. “You’re cooking??” Seohyun approached Kibum who stood near the kitchen entrance. She peeked on what the man had been cooking. “Owh, Yoona! Kibum is cooking your favourite pasta!”

“Starving already? Let’s go to the kitchen and have dinner together, all foods will be ready in 10 minutes more,” Kibum explained to all eyes on him.

“Wow, okay, Uncle! Your cooking smell is so delicious already! I’m starving like crazy! Come on, Uncle, I’ll help you set the dining table!” Jaebum suggested happily.

Yoona frowned. “Jaebum, seriously? You’ve never helped me to set the dining table before, why would you help this stranger now??”

“Sorry, Aunty… But, Kibum Uncle’s cooking is the best, you should try for yourself!”

Yoona was widening her eyes as she didn’t expect her nephew would grow very close to Kibum. In less than 24 hours!

“What have you done to my beloved nephew?!” Yoona dragged Kibum away from Jaebum.

“Oh, Aunty!” Jaebum was startled. The teen boy pulled back Kibum closer to him.

“What the? What’s up with you, Jaebum??” Yoona still didn’t understand why his nephew seemed startled when she was dragging away Kibum from him. “What makes you attached to this stranger??”

“Aunty, this man is no stranger, he is the one you’re paying as our nanny to watch over me and Nayeon. Did you forget it?”

“I didn’t, but it’s just so unusual to see you get along well with other people too fast! Especially, if you just met him this morning in less than 12 hours!”

“Where did I go wrong? The fact is I’m everyone’s bestfriends, because I’m cool and fun, Yoona!” Kibum cut in to brag suddenly.

Yoona got her eyes wider and glared to Kibum. Moreover when Kibum and Jaebum were smiling to each other happily. Both of them then were high five in sync. While Seohyun and Nayeon were giggling to watch Yoona’s annoyed face.

“Oh, let them go, Aunty. Let’s get ready to eat our dinner...” Nayeon persuaded her aunt to forget her upset.

“I’m not hungry, I’ll go straight to my bed and sleep. Excuse me you Guys, I’ll go sleep first!” excused Yoona plainly. She went into her room and disappear behind bedroom’s door.

“Uh-oh, what to do, your aunt seems like annoyed to me. I was just joking earlier...” Kibum regretted.

Seohyun-Nayeon-Jaebum were laughing so hard instead. Made Kibum was frowning because he still didn’t know what happened. “Relax. We know our Aunt Yoona so well. Trust us, tomorrow she’ll definitely be fine and happy like nothing happened. Once she gets a taste of your cooking, Uncle...” Nayeon explained in calm.