Life As Lawyer

Nanny Love

Seoul City,

“Aunty?! Aunt Yoona?! We’re here!” shouted a boy around 16 years old through the intercom. The boy was followed by another younger girl around 15 years old behind him with 2 large suitcases.

“Alright-alright! Be right there!” replied a woman around 35 years old from the inside. She was the owner of the apartment where those teens were visiting. It wasn’t taking time too long, the woman named Yoona was seen opening the door. She smiled happily to the pair of teenagers who looked tired. “Jaebum-Nayeon! What a lovely surprise!” she welcomed in happiness. She was so pleased to see her beloved nephew and niece. “I’m so sorry for not being able to pick you up at the airport,” she said while hugging each of them, “Come on, in!”

“It’s okay, Aunty. Dad and Mom had told us before that you were still busy with one of your cases,” replied her nephew, the tallest figure among them. He hugged his aunty once more and helped his younger sister to carry their suitcases into the living room.

“Oh, you Guys… Of course I’d still feel guilty,” his aunty explained in concern, “Jongwoon and Yuri had been in Turkey since yesterday, but both of you just got here today. How was your sleep last night? Do you, Guys, need anything? Foods? Tell me, I’ll make them all for you!” Yoona insisted her nephew and niece to eat something she had prepared before.

“Oh, no, it’s okay, Aunt Yoona. We had pizza earlier and our tummies are still full,” her nephew replied faster.

Yoona smiled teasingly, “Are you sure, Jaebum? I’ve made you your favourite galbijjim…”

“Oh, wow! Where’s your dining table, Aunty? I’m starving now!” Jaebum was quickly smiling and changing his mind.

Yoona and her niece, Nayeon, laughed so hard spontaneously. She then led their way to the dining room and let them eat.

 

“Oh, sorry, Seohyun. I still can’t go now. Both my niece and nephew had just got here. You remember a couple of children of my older sister? They will be staying here together with me from now on as long as their parents, Jongwoon and Yuri, working in Turkey.”

“ . . . “

“Yes, I know how busy I will, but I’ve known them since they were born. We’re so close to each other, they won’t give me any hardships. They are very sweet, kind and calm. They even call me as ‘The Coolest Aunty We Ever Have’ more than their own mother. Hahaha, we’re so close, aren’t we?”

“ . . . “

“Okay, they just finished their dinner and still cleaning up their dishes. At least for the next hour I’ll be there already and we can close the case quickly. See you at the court, okay!” Yoona hung up her phone call.

“Aunty, you have a work to do?” asked someone behind her back suddenly.

“Oh, Gosh! Nayeon, you’re surprised me!” Yoona gasped as she had her niece was already standing behind her. She slightly pressed her chest to ease her fast heartbeat.

“I’m sorry, Aunty. You seemed to be in rush before. Just go, I can keep your apartment well with Jaebum. We’ll be perfectly fine.” Nayeon convinced her aunty.

Yoona smiled and gave her a sweet peck on her forehead. “Thank you so much, Sweetie. I know you Guys are the best and I can count on. Fine, I’ll go to work now. Keep this apartment well while I’m gone, okay? If you or your older brother are hungry again, just order some foods from the ground floor restaurant. Got it?” Yoona noted.

Nayeon nodded happily.

 

“Oh, I got a bad traffic on the way here, Seohyun. So… has the trial started?”

“No, Sis. Prosecutors of defense haven’t arrived here yet, because of another traffic. So does our judge. So, we’re all clear and safe. Still got enough time to get ready.

Yoona sighed in relief. She changed her shirt for the trial.

Im Yoona was a 35 years old lawyer. She had solid team. One of her partner was Seo Joohyun (Cho), 34 years old, her long time bestfriend and a wife of her senior in Harvard. Although Yoona was old and solid enough financially, she still hadn’t married yet. Her love life didn’t go well as her career. Until her older sister had 2 children already, she hadn’t find her ‘Mr. Right’ yet.

“Has Yuri arrived in Turkey?” asked Seohyun.

“Yes, my older sister and my brother in law had arrived there and immediately had lavish banquet.” Yoona prepared her papers which she had since the night before.

“Oh, wow. I hope they’ll get use to Turkish dishes. I heard it’s pretty fatty,” whispered Seohyun.

“Oh, of course not, Seohyun...” Yoona chuckled. “Don’t you remember how Jongwoon always ordered kebab for their date snack back then when we were in Harvard? Even Yuri couldn’t stop him...”

“Ah, yes, I remember that. Oh, look! They are all here. Let’s finish this case now, Sis! Fighting!”

“Yup! Fighting!”

 

“Case was won by The Prosecutor Team with a 10 years prison demand for The Suspect of stealing public facilities of government case. The Suspect is also required to pay a fine of 1 billion Won to government in 3 months. Court is dismissed.”

The Judge knocked 3 times and case was officially closed. Yoona and Seohyun cheered happily. Case finally ended in a very satisfying punishment. But, suddenly...

“Wait! You can’t send him to jail! The old man hasn’t paid all my money back!! Hold that God-Dam*** Old Man!” shouted a tall man around 35-40 years old. That man was seen in great despair. His messy short hair, sideburns rounded his jaw, his pair of dark circled eyes, were surely indicating he was another poor victims of Yoona’s case.

“Gosh, what’s with that man?” whispered Seohyun to Yoona when they were just finished packing their belongings and papers.

Yoona shrugged her shoulders and took a glance to the pathetic man. That man... he should be handsome and cute when he was more decent. Plus those hazel eyes. Yoona was sure when he smiled, those hazel eyes would be eye-smiling at you too.

Looks like he is one of our case’s victim,” answered Yoona plainly. She then held Seohyun’s left wrist to led her out of the trial room. “Come on, quickly move. Or, you’ll be in trouble if your husband, Kyuhyun, has waited for you too long outside.”

Seohyun clicked her fingers. “Thank’s, Sis! I almost forget my dinner date with my husband! Hyunjoo is staying with my parents the whole week.

See? Go, quickly! Isn’t that your husband’s car?” Yoona pointed at a black sport car acrossed them.

You’re right. It’s his car. Alright, thank you so much for your hard work today, see you tomorrow!” Seohyun said goodbye.

Drive safely! Say my hi to Senior Kyuhyun!” shouted Yoona to Seohyun who had been away. Yoona slightly chuckled to herself and started walking to her car.

[Bumping sound]

Yoona was jolted as a hand stopped her to open the car’s door. She turned around to look at the shocking figure behind her. It was the same figure with the shouting pathetic man at trial. “What do you want?” she asked him doubtly. She was uncomfortable with their situation now. The man seemed seizing her space by locking her between his muscular arms. She felt intimidated and her heartbeat was thumping crazily.

“Are you Im Yoona?” His soft yet clear voice was tingling her. He looked at her eyes deeply and closely.

Yoona hesitated to nod. She felt crowded due to the man whose warm breath was tickling her face. Wh-what do you want?” Yoona dodged his question. She was trying so hard to be calm in her mind, but unfortunately her body rejected the idea.

You know exactly this trial was originally scheduled for another 2 weeks. Why would you ask the judge to do the trial now?” the pathetic man argued her fiercely.

Yoona frowned. She was dumbfounded to the man’s argument. Is there something wrong with him? thought Yoona in her mind.

So... basically you’re refusing the idea to end this case quickly?

The muscular armed man nodded.

“What is so wrong with you?? You’re one of this badass victims, aren’t you happy now that this badass finally gets his punishments?asked Yoona in calm. She then bravely broke the man’s locking arms and opened her car’s door. “Excuse me, I’m so tired today, I need to go home immediately.”

When she was about to close the car’s door, the man stopped her again. What the-what do you want from me?!” Yoona was annoyed. She glared at him.

“Im Yoona, my name is Kim Kibum, I’m the major shareholder of XXX Developer whose owner you sent to jail just now. If only you could wait for the next 2 weeks to send him to jail, all my money wouldn’t have gone in a second and turned me into a homeless!” the man yelled.

Yoona felt her eardrum was like being stung by his yelling voice. Although she was also scared, Yoona remained herself to stay calm successfully. “Sorry, Kibum. Your problem is beyond my power. I’m just doing my job as a lawyer in this case, prosecutor, so it is our job to end this case quickly when you can do it so. To be honest, we still have plenty of important cases after this. Excuse, me.”

Yoona rushed into the car before the man could possibly stop her again. Thank God, the pathetic man named Kibum finally let her away. As he saw Yoona’s car was fading away, he made a promise to himself.

“I won’t give up, Yoona. I’ll chase after you until you are agree to responsible for what you did to me...”