Chapter 1

Moonsun in Starry Night

Having to come up with a choreography within a week is a challenge that Mamamoo isn’t going to pass on – they won best dance award for a reason, right?

The four hardworking girls had poured in every ounce of effort, with every single member pulling their weight, and they’re finally starting to feel the satisfaction of knowing that they are an arm’s reach away from their goal.

Amidst that sense of gratification, the three younger members can’t shake the wariness for the leader’s health after she had suffered from a back injury that is serious enough to prevent her from participating in a few of their schedules. Moonbyul, in particular, had been extra vigilant about it.

They’re on the stage of finalising the choreography and were having a little break before they do a final polishing of the routine.

“Unnie, are you okay?” Moonbyul asked as she sat down and took her spot next to Yongsun who had her hands and eyes preoccupied with her mobile. She seemed quite concentrated on whatever’s keeping her busy.

“Yeah.” The response came but the blonde-haired girl never took her eyes from her phone so Moonbyul, being the Yong-byully that she is, snatched the gadget off Yongsun’s hands.

“Yahhhh…” Yongsun whined and tried to reach out for it. Her lips downturned into a pout.

Moonbyul on the other hand had her famous nose-wrinkles on display, smiling and half-laughing at the sight in front of her. She eventually gave the item back to its owner and scooted closer to give her a hug as she continued to laugh. “So cute.”

The group agreed to have a last round of practice to perfect the steps and formation before they all head home for a well-deserved rest. Moonbyul had a quick and subtle check at Yongsun and saw that the girl looked rather more tired and delicate than anyone else in the room so her concern naturally grew.

The song started and all four of them had transformed into performers as soon as they heard the first note. Everyone was keen on making sure they don’t mess up their parts but every once in a while, Moonbyul would throw a glance at the eldest member who was growing seemingly drained and pale.

As the first chorus was about to finish, Moonbyul knew that she only have barely a couple of seconds to do something for the poor girl as the next part of the choreography will allow her to come face-to-face with Yongsun – and kissing her is clearly not appropriate for the situation so that option had been crossed out of the list.

As they made their way into formation, Moonbyul had her mind racing for any idea and when she saw Yongsun’s face only inches away from hers, her instant reaction, apart from jumping at her, was to be greasy. She gave Solar THE wink with her hands formed like a gun shooting at her; with love of course.

For the first time that night, Yongsun smiled – even though it was laced with grimace from being at the other end of Moonbyul’s greasiness. The older girl seemed to appear livelier after that and Moonbyul mentally gave herself a pat on the back.

-

Their promotions for their new album had officially kicked in but amidst the already tight schedule, the girls also put in extra effort in writing and composing new songs for their upcoming ones. With that, they were growing tired and it already started to take a toll on Yongsun who had been working the hardest because of her solo concert. Moonbyul unsurprisingly noticed that; which is why she would always try to cheer Yongsun up every possible way she could.

One time, she made a face.

Another time, she faked trying to kiss her.

Then the other girl played along. They would make faces together, pretend to kiss each other, Moonbyul picking on Yongsun’s nose. It was like for a split second, they were in their own little world. Even after they found out that people knew and talked about it, it was still their moment. The whole album, the songs, the performance, and all the tedious work is all for the fans because they would want to show how genuinely grateful they are for the love and support they receive. But that split second belongs to only the Moon and the Sun – and they’re not afraid to show the world that.

At the last day of promotion, Moonbyul and Solar faced each other one more time and smiled.

“I love you,” they said in unison.

-

Everyone went home to their respective apartments except for Moonbyul. She had agreed to have watch a movie with Yongsun at the latter’s apartment. They were in matching pyjamas and were sharing a blanket on the couch.

As the movie continues, the older girl placed her head on the younger one’s shoulder and took her hand in hers.

She looked down at their intertwined fingers and said, “Thank you.”

“For what?” Moonbyul asked, confused.

Solar rolled her eyes which Moonbyul failed to see. She squeezed her hand and caressed it with her thumb. “Don’t play dumb. You think I didn’t know why you started playing around during our part? Just in case you’re wondering, it helped a lot. So, thank you,” Solar finished her sentence with a kiss to Moonbyul’s cheek which earned a goofy smile from the latter.

To the world, they were just playing around, but to them, it was a lot more.

-

A/N: Thanks to Rmrocks for commenting about this on my other fic lol.