' off'

We'll never be friends.

Chanyeol's perspective

*alarm bell rings*

Rubbing his eyes, Chanyeol slowly sits up in bed and reaches over to turn off his alarm clock.

The day back after summer break is always the worst; waking up at 6am after spending weeks waking up at midday, forgetting what date it was and simply resting or hanging out with friends.

The tall male groans and stretches before heading to the bathroom and taking a shower.

For Chanyeol, the summer holidays were pretty good, he either spent his time sleeping or going to the beach with the 'lads' (Kyungsoo, Jongdae, Minseok, Tao and Sehun) for days on end, probably gaining about 50 pounds from eating ridiculous amounts of ice cream, chips, pizza and knows what else.

*beep*

*beep*

*beep*

'woah I'm popular' He mutters to himself as he heads out of the shower. Wrapping a towel around his waist, he walks over to his phone to check the messages he's receiving.

Jongslae: thotz it's the first day back are you ready to hoes and get ezzzz 😫💦😎

Eggman: Jongdae I swear to god if you're going to act like this for the rest of the year we are officially not friends.

Jongslae: oh how you hurt my heart :(

Sehoneyy: I hope Luhan starts to acknowledge me this year or I'm actually going to ing smack him

Zitaoyourboyy: Sehun just talk to him stop being a little

Chanyeollie><: what the are you all doing communicating this early in the morning, we're seeing each other soon and the rest of the ers at that ty school.

Minseokthelad: omg what's your problem chan??

Jongslae: he's being an arsehole because he doesn't want to see his lover today 😂💦🙏🏻

Chanyeollie><: Baekhyun is not my lover and I swear to god if he even looks at me I'm gonna wipe that stupid smile off his face, and any of his pathetic friends for that matter

Zitaoyourboyy: lmao

Eggsoo: jongin isn't that bad...

Sehoneyy: you're only saying that because you want him to you while you cook or some weird kink you probably fantasise about

Eggsoo: off you're the one that wants to be Luhan's little

Sehoneyy: you're not wrong there ;)))

Gagging at the conversation he's witnessing, Chanyeol turns off his phone and throws his schoolwork into his backpack.

'Bye guys' he exclaims to his parents and sister who were getting ready for the day.

'Bye little bro, have fun at school and stop punching people please, love you', his sister Yoora calls out to him. Laughing, Chanyeol kisses his parents and heads out.

Baekhyun's perspective

After getting ready for school, Baekhyun walks out of his small house after shouting a goodbye to his mum.

' this', he says under his breath as he slowly drags himself to the nearest bus stop.

'AYOOOOO WHATS POPPIN MY G'

Rolling his eyes, Baekhyun looks around to find the source of the familiar voice that's screaming enthusiastic comments and insults at him. He quickly spins around to find his friend Yifan running over to him with a huge grin plastered on his face.

'Oh my ing god I almost had a heart attack', Baekhyun jokes as he too starts smiling like an idiot. They first bump each other and approach the bus stop together, wondering where the rest of the 'squad' are.

As if by chance, Luhan, Jongin, Junmyeon and Yixing are seen moving towards the pair, all doing the weirdest dances and movements and making overly-ual faces and noises.

'what the ' Yifan and Baekhyun both mutter upon seeing their closest friends moving their limbs all over the place like a group of animals.

'BOYZZZZ ITS TIME TO ROCK ARE YOU HOES READY TO LEARN AND GET DAT MONEYYYY', Junmyeon screams as he starts lunging towards the boys.

'Saved by the bus!' Baekhyun laughs as he points towards the rusting vehicle moving towards them, immediately jumping on it and moving as far away from Junmyeon as possible.

He sits himself next to Jongin and they begin talking about the upcoming year at school.

'So' Jongin states, 'is this going to be the year that you finally stop having a grudge against Chanyeol? I can't bear to witness another incident like last April, who knows what could've happened if Zitao hadn't walked in on you too.'

Baekhyun sighs and lowers his head in defeat.

'I can forever apologise about what happened but I can't make Chanyeol and I stop hating each other. There's nothing I can do to stop it, if I ignore him then he'll become even more angry' he mumbles, careful of anybody who may overhear their conversation.

'Look, just try. I want to become closer to Kyungsoo this year, and you know how much Luhan has pined over Sehun for years. If we're going to try and socialise with that group more often, then you can't be fighting with Chanyeol all the time, you're meant to be an adult now and this isn't going to help the situation.'

The noise of the brakes being pushed down halt their conversation, and the group walk off the bus and head to their allocated classrooms.

'I swear to god if I'm put in the same class as Chanyeol for anything this year, I will literally lose my ing mind' Baekhyun thinks to himself as he looks for the classroom in which his first lesson is held.

He walks into the Chemistry room and takes a seat at the far back on the class. None of his friends are in the same Chemistry class as him so the seat next to him remains empty whilst the rest of the pupils fill into the room and sit eagerly next to their friends.

 

Chanyeol's Perspective

Muttering curse words under his breath, Chanyeol runs home, already late for registration.

'Honey, are you alright??' he hears his mother calling him as rushes past her to get to the kitchen.

'Trust me to be late on the first day of school. I left my lunch here and you know i can't eat the canteen food' Chanyeol shouts as he picks up his prepped food.

'Of course, just try not to forget next time. Hurry up, you're going to miss first period. See you later son', his mum replies as she leaves the house to drive to work.

Rushing to the classroom he's been told to attend, he quickly pulls on his uniform and re-ties his shoelaces to make himself look more presentable. Knocking on the door, he hears a gruff 'enter' and gulps as he walks into the room full of staring boys and girls.

'I'm so sorry for being late sir, please accept my sincere apology' Chanyeol bows deeply and patiently waits for a reply.

'Whatever, don't do it again. Go sit over there next to Mr. Byun.'

Upon hearing his name, Baekhyun focuses towards the front of the class to see Chanyeol approaching the seat next to him.

Seating himself down grudgingly, Chanyeol shoves Baekhyun's arm off his side of the desk with a loud huff.

' off', Baekhyun whispers to the taller beside him. 'Swap seats with someone else, I'm not smelling your stale cologne for a whole year thank you very much'

'Byun Baekhyun', the professor exclaims, 'if you do not shut up you will be facing a week's worth of detention'

Gulping, Baekhyun lowers his head and continues scribbling down notes he had forgotten to write.

Chanyeol smirks and leans closer to Baekhyun's ear, muttering quietly 'be a good boy now, you don't want to get punished, do you?'

He receives a sharp kick in the shin and silently laughs to himself, proud he was able to wind up the older and receive a reaction from him.

Once class finishes, Baekhyun shoves himself past Chanyeol, being sure to whack his bag into the latter's back.

He rejoins his friends and complains for a good 20 minutes about the 'disgusting, hormonal, aggressive ' he had to sit next to for a whole hour.

'Maybe you should talk to your professor about it?', Junmyeon asked with a worried expression on his face, mainly because he didn't want more fights and arguments than there were inevitably going to be anyway.

'I can't' the younger replies. 'He would actually slaughter me alive if I compromised his idea of a 'perfect seating plan', I don't want to risk getting murdered by him, I want to leave this planet a better way thanks'

'oh you're such a drama queen', Jongin says and rolls his eyes at the melodramatic boy in front of him.

'Whatever. I'm going to maths now, laters lads.'

The rest of the boys wave Baekhyun off as he heads towards the rest of his lessons.

Chanyeol's perspective

Lunchtime arrived after what seemed like hours of lectures and Chanyeol, Sehun and Kyungsoo all headed towards the canteen to eat their lunch.

As they pushed open the doors to the hall full of students, Jongin's face quickly turns red as he immediately locks eyes on Kyungsoo. The two kept their eyes focused on one another before the later breaks away to continue speaking to Zitao as if nothing had happened.

'Woah what was that eggy boy??' Sehun remarks, smirking at the scene he had just witnessed.

Kyungsoo glares at him with an angry expression. 'None of your business spaghett'

Meanwhile, unbeknownst to the two bickering boys, Chanyeol had started making his way towards the table at which Baekhyun sits.

'That ing keeps staring at me, I'll show him who's the one with the power' he thought to himself.

Slamming his hand against the side of the table, Chanyeol lowers himself down to the height of Baekhyun's head and slowly caresses the older's hair out of his face. He smiles at him menacingly and says with a deep voice 'I didn't know you were in love with my Baekkie.'

Baekhyun's expression darkens at the threatening yet almost endearing nickname and pushes Chanyeol's hand aways.

'I told you to off earlier Chanyeol, stop being pathetic and just piss off back to the freaks, back to where you belong'

'And I would have if you hadn't kept staring at me, now do you want to apologise or shall we just carry on arguing with each other?' Chanyeol replied.

'Make me.'

That was the final straw for Chanyeol. With a strong force, his fist landed on the side of Baekhyun's flawless cheek, painting his skin with red marks and sharp cuts until the boy fell to the floor with a subtle gasp. The smaller tried to fight back but out of shock and already being weakened by Chanyeol's punch, it was no use.

Walking away with only a weak bruise on his lip, Chanyeol joined his friends and carried on as normal for the rest of the day.

Baekhyun's perspective

After being humiliated in front of his classmates numerous amounts of times, this wasn't exactly something that was new to him. It's fair to say he's beaten up Chanyeol enough times (when the latter wasn't prepared, and Baekhyun can be stronger than he seems), but sometimes he wishes it weren't the case.

He slowly rises from the floor, being helped up by Luhan and Yixing. Their concerned looks make Baekhyun feel self conscious and, not wanting to worry his friends, he puts on a smile and tells them he's just going to the toilets to wash up his face.

Once he leaves their sight and enters the toilets, Baekhyun slams the door shut and locks it, waiting to check that nobody else was present in the room.

After a moment of realising he was on his own, the brunette boy releases the tears he was withholding and raises his hand to the side of his face that was still sore and throbbing from the recent beating.

In actual fact, Baekhyun wasn't a fighter. He used to hate any type of confrontation and never used to get into fights. In recent years however, the boy he thinks about way too much had such an effect on him - 'why do we hurt each other?' he thinks daily.

Hardly anybody knows this, but the two males used to be friends with each other. Sometimes Baekhyun finds himself crying in the toilets, reminiscing about the days when the two boys would go out and watch films together, go round each other's houses and roam the streets during weekends.

But that was years ago, and to Baekhyun it felt like a whole other lifetime ago. The older's stomach now churned with anger and sadness whenever his eyes fell upon Chanyeol, and he forever knew they would not be the same again.