1| Bridge

Nightfall ||Taekook
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

What should I do? 

Jungkook swung his feet in the air as he contemplated his actions. He had tried to remember the name of the bridge it had taken him 34 and a half minutes to reach but nothing came up.The reason he had come to the bridge did nothing other than float through his head like a lily pad on water.

You came to kill yourself. 

The thought anchored him to his seat on the bridge.

Jungkook thought was ready to leave the earth, nothing was keeping him here other than his fear of the unknown. 

You're an atheist Jungkook what do you expect will happen?

Will anyone actually remember or miss you?

Subconsciously, Jungkook had started to move forward, no longer tracing the letters and numbers etched into the bridge.

You have friends but are they really there for you?

Where are they now? 

He was at the edge now.

The moment you need them the most and where are the-

"Hey!" 

Jungkook was about to jump when he heard the voice. Turning around he saw it was a man who looked to be a couple years older than the 18-year-old.

"It gets better and I'm not saying that to keep you from jumping but because two years ago, I was in the exact spot you are now. Those letters and numbers you were tracing were carved by me two years ago."

Jungkook looked down at the symbols carved on the bridge.

'RIP KTH 2/14/14' 

Before Jungkook could say anything the stranger had continued to speak. 

"At 11:59..." The stranger had paused and took a deep breath" At 11:59 PM of 2014, I was ready to end it all and jump but right when I stood up, someone had stopped me and saved me from myself because when I reflected on my action. I had felt nothing but regret when I realized what I had thought about doing. I'm not going to stop you because you are your own person but I just thought you should know. If you feel like no one cares about you and won't miss you when you're gone, then you're very wrong. I've known you for about 5 minutes and the impact will remain even if you decide to jump. You decide what to do but if you decide to stay here's my number. I'll be there even when no one else is. The names Taehyung by the way, Kim Taehyung." 

The stranger had walked up to Jungkook and sat a piece of paper down. Before Jungkook was able to say anything Taehyung had started to walk away. Jungkook pulled out his phone to see it was 11:59 PM and he sighed. February had been experiencing killer cold weather, the snow had started falling, and the water was freezing and creating an abundant amount of ice. Jungkook let out a big breath and stood up while putting the piece of paper in his pocket. He had already made his decision. He hadn't realized, at that moment, right under his foot a sheet of black ice had formed. When he slipped 18-year-old Jungkook had finally figured out, he had not wanted to die. He had caught the edge

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter