Wildest Dreams

Wildest Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunwoo, we cannot see each other anymore,”

“But I thought...you loved me...,”

“I do but sometimes things don’t last...,”

 

 

Seokjin had at least two hands working their way into his hair, two hands on his face doing a good job covering his dark under eyes from last night as he tried to go over his lines once again. He was nervous. This was the first day they were having a shoot together and even though it was not the first time Seokjin was working in a movie it was his first time but he was intimidated by his co-star’s presence.

Kim Namjoon was a big deal after all. The highest paid actor in all of Korea, both critically acclaimed and loved by the audience he had played a few of the most iconic roles in the modern cinema. He was what every actor would aspire to be.

Seokjin, on the other hand, worked mostly in your everyday romantic dramas and a handful of movies here and there each of them having the story as the one he did before. But he was still famously nicknamed as the ‘Nation’s Boyfriend’ for his handsome looks and the cheesy romantic characters that he played.

They were like chalk and cheese when it came to their on-screen personas which is why maybe the director picked them but then again he had very slim pickings, to begin with.

After all, this movie was not like every other movie.

Wildest Dreams was about two gay men finding love in the strangest yet normal circumstances. Son Donghae played by Kim Namjoon was the senior manager of a multinational company married to a woman and a son. Shin Eunwoo played by Seokjin was Donghae’s secretary. What started as a professional relationship blossomed slowly into feelings that both of them knew would cause troubles but neither could stay away. Son Donghae was left to confront his uality and Shin Eunwoo had to face the emotional turmoil of being in love with a man he could never have.

As soon as Seokjin read the script he could feel tears forming in his eyes and agreed to sign the movie. It was such a simple story yet so full of impact and it resonated so much with Seokjin who was gay himself. Of course, no one knew because Seokjin didn’t want to risk his career like that. Korea was ready for a gay movie but not yet ready for an openly gay actor.

What shocked Seokjin the most was the fact Kim Namjoon would be in the movie despite the clean squeaky image he had. This movie was a risk to his reputation he was bound to lose some of the public adoration he had but he still agreed. But then again Namjoon had always been risqué with his roles and maybe that made him such an iconic actor.

“All done,” the hair stylist smiled at Seokjin. Seokjin smiled back at her taking one last look at the dialogues before he stood up walking to the set.

“Okay, scene 1,” the director said. “Eunwoo bumps into his boss Donghae and spills coffee over his pants, you got this, guys?”

Seokjin nods. This was one of the most cliché scenes ever and he had many coffees spilled onto his pants in dramas and movies.

Seokjin is handed a cup of coffee. It’s quite cold.

“Okay then! Action!”

Seokjin walked at a rapid pace and Namjoon in front of him is walking slowly his eyes on his mobile phone.

Then it happened they bump hard and Seokjin successfully manages to spill the coffee on Namjoon’s pants. It was harder than he imagined it to be.

“What the , can’t you watch where you’re going...,” he says annoyed his voice low with anger. It almost seemed like he is actually angry at Seokjin.

“I...uh I’m so sorry, sir,” Seokjin mumbled.

“CUT!”

Namjoon sighed and walked off as he cleaned up the coffee which also happened to land on his shirt and Seokjin found Namjoon looking at him. For some reason, Seokjin’s heart started beating fast as he looked away immediately.

 

 

Kim Namjoon was tall and handsome as hell and even though Seokjin knew he had to be strictly professional about the whole thing his heart wouldn’t stop fluttering each time they got close to each other which was quite a lot.

Donghae and Eunwoo’s relationship was blossoming slowly. There were too many subtle hand brushes, too many times when the both were too close to each other and each time Seokjin’s heart would beat faster looking into Namjoon’s deep brown eyes and that time he wasn’t sure if it was Eunwoo or Seokjin who was falling for Donghae or Namjoon.

One day Seokjin was late to shoot and the stupid traffic was to be blamed. They were supposed to be shooting one of the most important scenes; Donghae and Eunwoo’s first kiss together and Seokjin had spent a lot of time thinking about it even though this wasn’t the first time he was ever kissing someone he was still scared he would mess up something.

Seokjin had been a whole hour late.

“I...I’m so sorry,” he began apologizing as soon as he reached the set.

“Oh, here you are!” Namjoon exclaimed. “And you are perfectly on time”

Seokjin didn’t say anything.

“Some of us here want to finish this damn movie on time,” Namjoon said.

Seokjin felt himself being angry.

“I didn’t mean to be late,” he said. “My manager is sick and I had to drive myself and there was a lot of traffic...”

“We don’t need to hear your excuses,” Namjoon said. “Stop being a diva and show up on time”

Seokjin could feel heat rushing to his cheeks.

“You have no right to say that you ...,”

Namjoon rolled his eyes.

“Stop it will you,” the director said. “Any more delays and we won’t be able to finish the shoot today”

Namjoon walked off and Seokjin went to his trailer to change and get his hair and makeup done. He was furious the entire time. Seokjin had always been a stickler for punctuality and today he just happened to get into the worst traffic and for Namjoon to call him a diva for something he couldn’t even control was rude. Seokjin didn’t know what had gotten into him. He was usually nothing but nice, not very talkative and today he had seen Kim Namjoon into a new light and it made him wonder if the rumors about him having attitude problems were actually true after all.

Seokjin went through his lines once again taking a deep breath. He wasn’t looking forward to the shoot at all with a man who had called him a diva not less than an hour ago and still had a stony expression on his face impatiently tapping his feet as Seokjin walked to the set.

“Action!”

Namjoon walked to him tucking his chin upwards.

“What...what are you doing...?” Seokjin asked in a breathy voice.

“I’m sorry...,” Namjoon said. “But I can’t stop myself anymore”

Before Seokjin knew it Namjoon’s lips were on him they felt gentle yet so forceful making Seokjin stumble behind holding the table behind to steady himself.

They kissed for how long Seokjin didn’t know but he found himself melting into the kiss.

“At least, something good came out of the fight!” the director said. “I got a perfect kiss”

 

 

“Eunwoo, I have never loved someone as much as I’ve loved you,”

“What about your...wife?”

“She never mattered that much to me...not as much as you do”

Another kiss, Seokjin’s heart was beating dramatically loud as Namjoon’s hands were in his hair deepening the kiss until Seokjin was practically out of breath.

“Cut!”

Namjoon moved away ever so slowly still looking into Seokjin’s eyes.

Seokjin looked down instead before Namjoon finally left and Seokjin’s heart was a complete mess especially under the intense gaze of Namjoon’s eyes.

They had a break of about 15 minutes before the shooting would resume and Seokjin tried to read a book but he was too distracted and the words were a hazy mess in front of his eyes.

“Seokjin,”

It was Namjoon looking down at him.

“Yes,” Seokjin said trying to sound as stable as possible.

“I’m sorry,”

“For?”

“For all the stuff I said that day,” Namjoon said. “I didn’t mean it...I was just angry”

“Oh,”

“So, do you forgive me?”

“Ye...Yeah, I guess,” Seokjin smiled.

Namjoon smiled back.

“What are you reading?”

“Oh...it’s just a...,”

“Tolstoy,” Namjoon said. “Ah, he is one of my absolute favorites”

“Oh...I enjoy his work too,” Seokjin shyly replied.

Namjoon grinned.

“I guess I’ll leave you to the book then,” Namjoon smiled.

Seokjin nodded before watching him walk away and then stand away at the corner smoking a cigarette.

Their eyes met again and Seokjin looked away.

 

 

“Do we have to keep this a secret?”

“That is the only way we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter