chapter three.--

when love is sweeter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chanyeol went to see Baekhyun today. The two talked about Chanyeol’s recent crime, being stealing Iris’ iPod, recording and putting covers on it. The idea Baekhyun had was to surprise Iris here and there but at the same time hide from her to make Iris miss him more. Cruel. Kinda. But then again, you know what they say, absence makes the heart grow fonder. It’s not like they live so far from each other. True, they go to the same University, have mutual friends, go to the same cafes and such and it would take en effort to avoid her but then Baekhyun thinks it’s for the better.

“So basically, I’ll be ghosting her?” Chanyeol winced. “Isn’t that creepy?”

Baekhyun just shot him a look “Why would it be? You’re dating already!”

“I don’t want to annoy her more. Come on, you know how- dare I say, sensitive she is right now” He was voicing out his worries to Baekhyun which just made the latter roll his eyes. “You’re nuts. Stop overthinking, will you? I know you, if anything you will be the one who’ll miss Iris more than she will miss you” He clucked his tongue. “Clingy much?” The other squinted at him “I just hope this won’t happen to you and Hyemi. After all, Karma’s a .” Smirking to himself Chanyeol felt satisfied seeing Baekhyun choke on his arrogance over his Mint Mocha Frappe.

 

 

 

Today, Iris stayed in. Emi called her yesterday, inviting her for a group study with Kyungsoo, Baekhyun and Hyemi but she refused. Very Anti-Social.  It’s not like she doesn’t wanna go out, she does but she’d rather be alone. So she spent the day studying, humming to herself. She might be alone but still, in a good mood.

Kris was just about to go out when at the same time Iris went out of her room. “Oh, Where to Ge?”

“Hmm. Just meeting somebody” Iris raised her eyebrow. “Well if that somebody is a girl, you better tell me or else!” She warned him. Kris chuckled at his sister “Or what?”

They went downstairs together, to the kitchen. Iris searching for something to eat while Kris grabbing a glass to drink some water before heading out. “What can I eat?” She didn’t see any pot on their stove which made her frown. “No food?” Then she checked the rice cooker. “No rice either? Oh”

“Mama and Papa will be home late. I’d offer to grab you some but I’m going to be heading to a meeting so I can’t be late although if you can wait I can get you some after.” Kris offered.

“Meh, I’ll live. I’ll just get some delivered later.” In the end she just settled for some water

“Well okay then. Seeing that you’re such a big girl now.. I won’t worry.” Kris teased which Iris returned with some dramatic eye roll.

Hours have passed since Kris left home and just now Iris remembered she totally forgot to eat dinner.

She checked the time. “Oh? It’s already 10 PM?” As if on cue her stomach growled. “Aha..” Tired and hungry she decided to just take a break and lay on her bed. Iris hasn’t touched her phone for a while so she decided to go through twitter. As usual, some rants, Godly quotes and inspirational messages but what caught her attention was Emi’s tweets.

HOW2BREATH.COM when you spend the day with your crush… heaven indeed sjdfsdzhvj HE IS SO BEAUTIFUL I CANT EVEN!!!!!! I DON’T DESERVE TO BE IN THE SA,E SPACE AS HIM

She chuckled to herself. “Must be Kyungsoo. I wonder what happened.” In the end she just liked her tweets and well, ask her tomorrow what was that all about. She herself decided to tweet as well

gosh didn’t realize the time now its past 10pm and I haven’t eaten my dinner yet *sighs* Iris

Iris then closed her phone her eyes. Thinking of calling for a food delivered. A brief moment after, she heard the doorbell ring. Looks like Mama and Papa went home early. Feeling lazy she didn’t get up and just let her parents unlock themselves into their home but she had second thoughts when the doorbell rang again. Lazily, she got up and went to downstairs to see who was outside and to her surprise it was some cute delivery guy, his nametag read “Jisung”. The guy was holding Iris’ favorite food. Pizza. It’s as if hearts shot out of her eyes when she saw the box the delivery guy was holding. Not only that but it also came from her favorite Pizza Parlor.

“Wow. Hold on I didn’t get my walle-“ “Don’t worry Ma’am. It’s already been paid” Jisung smiled at her

She blushed a little “By who?”

He checked the receipt “By.. Mr. Park?”

Iris raised her eyebrow. “Mr. Park huh...” Then she smiled looking at her food. She noticed the post-it note on the box folded in half. “Well then, thank you!”

After she closed the door she unfolded the note and found Chanyeol’s message.

How many times do I have to remind you to eat on time!
Fine. Today can be your cheat day. Jk!
Eat a lot ♥ c:

 

Not his handwriting, of course but that’s enough to make her feel tingly and make her smile. “Hmmm. Stalker.” She took a picture of the pizza with the note and tweeted it with a caption ‘thank you stalker’ with the blushing emoji.

Right after the tweet sent her phone rang. A notification from Chanyeol’s twitter account. It says ‘glad their penmanship is A+’

She chuckled and happily went to her room.

 

 

 

Iris stayed up for a few more hours before sleeping last night. She could stay up since it was a weekend anyway so she wasn’t really worried if she oversleeps or not and well, the only thing she could worry about is missing breakfast.

9:36 AM her clock reads. Hmmm. Quite early for a weekend. After doing her stretches she went downstairs to eat breakfast but to her surprise she was greeted by a bouquet of flowers on the dining table with a little yellow card on top.

Her mom saw her and smiled “Good morning. He came here early, told me to give you that.” Iris smiled to that and checked the bunch of pink and white roses with baby’s breath around them. It was so gorgeously arranged that she stared at it a moment too long. The card says ‘good morning, beautiful. Have a great day x PCY ’ It made Iris coo. “Aww. That’s sweet” to that her mom answered with a chuckle. “Mhmm. He got me a bunch too.” She then pointed the flowers on the vase standing on top of their center table. It was an arrangement made mostly of pink carnations. “Is he gonna ask for your hand in marriage or something? Or did he do something? Why is he being extra sweet?”  Iris just laughed and shrugged her shoulders. “Maybe..”

She expressed her gratitude to Chanyeol that day and asked if they could talk in person. Iris thought maybe he was just tired because a few hours after she sent the message she didn’t receive anything back. Before going to sleep she checked her phone again. Busy guy.  Nonetheless, she still thanked Chanyeol and bid her good night.

 

 

 

 

Everyday Chanyeol sees to it that he still helps and makes Iris happy. That arrangement lasted for a few days. Their plan almost failed when she went to the library where Chanyeol, Emi and Baekhyun were talking. They didn’t get caught though, luckily. They just said they saw each other accidentally when they were trying to find a good spot in the Campus when she asked.

“Why didn’t you tell me? You didn’t text me!” Iris asking Emi, sulking.

Crossing her arms Emi replied “Because we didn’t mean to see each other this way! I told you!”  When she does that Iris knows she’s being temperamental again so she just raised her hands in surrender. “Okay, okay! But hey, have you seen Chanyeol?”

Baekhyun and Emi looked at each other. “No, we haven’t. Why? You should call him.” Emi offered but that made Baekhyun pinch her under the table which she tried to ignore. “I guess I’ll just do that.” Iris shot her a curious look wondering why she was lightly wincing.

She tried to call Chanyeol but He won’t answer. She really want to patch things up with him. If he would just let me.  “Well, tell me whenever you see him. Immediately. I’m gonna go look for him.”

But to no avail Iris went home that day not seeing Park Chanyeol. In the end, she just settled for a text message yet again. After she sent the message asking him why he won’t answer her calls or see her and that she’s sorry for being like this and for everything, sadness followed. She didn’t notice but tears started to form in her eyes. I miss him. I’m so stupid to let this happen. She then started sobbing, unable to move, she just stared at her phone.. not knowing that on the other line the guy also got teary-eyed reading the message she sent. He knows she’s sorry and there’s nothing else he wants but to run to her and hug her and tell her that it’s okay and that he’s here but he thought it won’t help and that it’s better to stay like this. His friends told him to not be in contact with Iris in anyway except through the flowers, not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter