chapter two.--

when love is sweeter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Can we talk?” Iris looked at her brother. She paused the song on her iPod before answering, “Why ge? Is it important?” She didn’t even notice Kris going inside her room because she was.. again.. too focused on studying.

“Yeah. It’s about you. You and Chanyeol.” The older sat on Iris’ bed and made himself comfortable. He turned his head to where his sister is, currently sitting in her study table with a pile of books up on her face. Kris almost can’t see her. He frowned at that thought.

“What about him?” Iris didn’t even glance at him. It may look like she is not paying attention but she actually is. She is fully aware of why her brother came to her.

“What’s up with the both of you? Is there something wrong with you? Earlier I saw what happened at the mall. If you have problems with him you can always tell me.” Kris side-eyed Iris, trying to see her reaction.

She stopped looking at her notes and massaged her head. “Ge, that is what I’m asking myself as well Like-” Frustration is etched on her face.

“If.. you think this is too hard for you.. Break up with him.”

She quickly answered. “No. I don’t want to break up with him. I still love him you know. God knows that, it’s just that I want to be alone right now and it’s true that he’s giving me space but like.. I don’t really understand. It feels like something is lacking? Sort of.”

Honestly, That’s the last thing Iris wants to think about right now.

She loves Chanyeol. That’s why she can’t understand herself. She loves her boyfriend but at the same time she feels like she can't afford to be near him. 

Kris sat up from her bed. “Ris, you better sort out your thoughts. Chanyeol isn’t a thing..”

He watched her closely. “You can’t toy with him. He’s my friend and he means a lot to me. You can’t just drop him off when you like and grab him back when you do. I know what Chanyeol feels for you is real. If it’s the opposite I won’t even let him pursue you in the first place.”

Iris gaped at him. “But it’s not like that though! I adore Chanyeol. I would never treat him like that. I’d be damned if I don’t know such person’s worth. He means a lot to me as well..” She trails on her last words. The pain in her eyes, evident and Kris felt guilty for what he said but then again, that’s better than not trying to put her in her place.

She longingly stared at nothing in particular.

She gets it.

Chanyeol was never a toy for her. She never saw him as one. She loves Chanyeol without hesitation nor affliction. She’s aware of her imperfections but wouldn’t really say she’s lacking, so much. Iris is good with people. She helps them when they’re in need, under any circumstances as much as she can. She’s very filial, must be because their family traditionally are. Also, She’s a loving girlfriend. Not to be narcissistic. Even if Iris can’t cook, she will still try her best to make porridge for Chanyeol when he’s sick. Sometimes Iris would visit Chanyeol whenever they have practice and never fails to support him in her ways. Like, bringing water and food during their sessions. Although Iris has a habit of disremembering things, she never forgot the special dates and things in their relationship. Like their anniversary, their birthdays, their mutual interests, his favorites and even their schedules. He has the impression of Iris forgetting these but she actually doesn't. Definitely, she wouldn’t hesitate to kiss Chanyeol in public and that’s a big gesture for her because she isn’t as showy as him when it comes to expressing their love for each other. More importantly though, when Chanyeol feels inadequate, she would always reassure him that no matter what, the amount of love he has for him makes it impossible to even think of triggering their relationship.

Although, for the past few days Iris knows she isn’t playing her role well anymore. Their situation is saddening and I guess nothing could really mask how much she misses her blonde giant.

Iris was contemplating whether she should text Chanyeol or not. What should I tell him?? ‘Hi. I’m sorry for ignoring you’? Or I’m sorry for acting so weird lately? Then what if he asks me why? Because I feel like I’ve had enough of you for these past few days? NO! I will just hurt him. Very much aware of what she did she feels like she can’t really face Chanyeol as much as even messaging him.

When she looked at the spot where Kris was sitting a while ago she found it empty. Without even realizing she was lost in her train of thoughts that she didn’t notice Kris leaving the room.

“You know what. We can think about that next time. You have more things to worry about.” She said going back to her books.

 

 

 

“Kyungsoo! Kyungsoo!” Chanyeol was running at the hallway trying to catch the midget who’s walking fast.

Kyungsoo looked up and adjusted his glasses before answering Chanyeol. “Hi dude.”

He needs to find Baekhyun. “Have you seen Baekhyun?” Chanyeol looks like he’s in a hurry. Hair disheveled and almost catching his breath.

“We were at the library earlier.” He remembered. “I think he mentioned he won’t be home until later.” As if on cue, Chanyeol received a text from Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyunnie
yeol sorry im at the lib rn and i still have lots to read
we can talk tmr tho sorry again :c
3:36 PM, Sep 2

 

He begrudgingly put his phone on his pocket and scratched his head. “What do I do?” then he helplessly looked at Kyungsoo “Soo, Are you busy?”

“Not really, Why?”

“I need your help.“ Chanyeol dragged Kyungsoo to a nearby cafe.

The front door chimed and Luhan looked up from his station “Hi Good Af- Oh! What’s up?” He greeted the two.

“Hi Lu! Wow you’re so packed today” The two boys waved at him. The café where Luhan and Sehun are working at is almost full. It’s just the middle of the week but students are flooding in the café. Most of their customers are girls who comes there for.. well, obvious reasons. Exams are fast approaching so it’s just about right to have yourself be motivated to study your lessons, cue Sehun and Luhan.

“What are you doing here?” Luhan asked.

Kyungsoo smirked and asked “Why? Can’t we go here now? You want Sehun all by yourself?” Chanyeol laughed almost immediately after he said that.

Luhan just rolled his eyes at them after noticing some girls' giggles who heard what Kyungsoo said. “Hunnie, can you be with Chanyeol and Kyungsoo instead? I’m quite full here.” Sehun and Luhan aren’t the only workers at the café. There are actually 5 of them but only Sehun isn’t that preoccupied.

“Mhmm. Ohorat.” Sehun responded.

Sehun guided Chanyeol and Kyungsoo to their table ”So, What are you gonna order?”

Chanyeol put his pointer to his chin and decided “Caramel Macchiato for me and.. what about y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter