Chapter Two

Baby, I'm Yours!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sungmi opened her eyes a crack. Had it been a dream? She hoped so... because how ridiculous could real life be? A filthy stray catboy crawling on her porch and sauntering in the house as if he owned it, and then announcing that he was a special worldwide handsome catboy and he had adopted her. Hah, what nonsense!

But even more ridiculous was that she had finally agreed to let him spend just one night in her living room, not having the heart to throw him out at night-time.

 

"You're softer than you seem," Soo Mi would often say, to which Sungmi responded with a punch. Being kind-hearted got you nowhere these days, people just took advantage of it and kept crawling back like some annoying cold you can't quite get over.

 

Groaning, she sat up in bed, rubbing her eyes heavy with sleep and trying to flatten her crazy bed-hair. It was morninig already – great, just great. Another busy day... why couldn't nights just go on forever?

 

Sungmi hurriedly got dressed and went downstairs, cautiously peeking in the living room. Oh, damn, it was real! A huge pile of blankets was on the couch, a dirty tail poking out. She could hear little snores, too, and she hoped for his sake that he wasn't drooling!

 

She should wake him up now, shouldn't she? But she had a feeling that if she did, she would regret it – she'd wake him up after she ate, and then kick him out. Yeah, after eating she'd have more strength to throw him out, because he definitely wasn't going to go without a fight.

 

Sungmi toasted some bread and poured herself a large glass of orange juice, shoving her breakfast in . By the time she finished eating and cleaning up, the catboy still hadn't moved – he was sleeping like a rock. Oh well, he could sleep some more while she got ready for class, she decided grudgingly. Once back in her room, she applied a layer of BB cream on her face and lined her eyes lightly. Mascara and tinted lipbalm were the final touches. There, a light and natural layer of makeup – how could people wear so much, honestly? Some peple wore their makeup so thick, it must be like wearing a thick mask! How could your skin breathe through that?

Shaking her head at the stupidity of the world sometimes, Sungmi grabbed the backpack she had packed the previous night, looking through it one last time to make sure she hadn't left anything out. Ok, now was the time, she had to kick out the catboy now.

 

Taking a deep breath, she went downstairs. The pile of blankets had somehow ended up on the floor now, and the catboy curled up like a little ball – an obnoxious ball. Only the top of his hoodie-covered head could be seen, and for one split second, Sungmi wondered where he would go – life wasn't easy for a stray catboy.

 

Before she could get too sympathetic, she gave the pile of blankets a little kick. "Oy, wake up!"

A muffled yawn, the pile moving weakly – that was the reaction.

 

Gah, because of this stupid creature, she would be late for class! Why hadn't she kicked him out earlier? If she couldn't even get him to stand up, how would she get him out the door?

"Come on, time to leave!" She kicked it again, and he finally poked his filthy head out and looked at her with an expression of superior irritaion.

 

"Leave?" he said, puzzled.

 

"Yes, leave!" she said. "I promised only one night, and-"

"But I can't leave," said the catboy.

 

Sungmi raised her eyebrows. "Oh really? And why not, may I ask?"

"Because," said the catboy, sending her a flying kiss which caught her off-guard. "Baby, I'm yours!"

"You are not mine!" she yelled.

 

"I am! I adopted you, so you need to take care of me!"

"What kind of stupid logic is that?" she demanded. "If anyone would be adopting anyone here, it would be me adopting you!"

"Ok, so you adopted me!" The catboy's face lit up with happiness.

 

"I did not!" Sungmi cried, exasperated. "No one adopted anyone, so get out or else!"

The catboy pouted and shook his head. "Won't get out, won't!" He buried his head under the pile of blankets. "Nope, don't want to leave!"

"Ok, that's it." Sungmi rolled up her sleeves, and grabbed one end of the blanket and pulled.

 

The catboy yowled with surprise. "Stop that, stupid human!"
 

She dragged him, blankets and all, out the door, and while he threw a little tantrum and struggled to get out of the tangled blankets, she quickly locked the door and ran down the the path.

 

"You better be gone by the time I get back!" she yelled, just before disappearing around the corner. "Or else!"

The catboy's tail twitched with anger – this stupid human dared to throw him out so unceremoniously?! How could she refuse him, especially when he blew that kiss?! He was so handsome, so charming, how could anyone refuse him?!

 

She thought she got the better of him, did she? Ha! She'd see when she got home, he'd still be here. And he knew first-hand that a yowling cat under your window at night drove people insane. Oh yes, it drove people insane.... very insane...

 

Not that it would really affect her much, he realized, she already seemed insane. Of course, anyone who resisted his charms were insane, no doubt about that! He sighed in disappointment. He had thought she would be a kind person... she and the little girl – Byul, was it? - would feed the pigeons and ducks in the park.

 

How ridiculous, wasting perfectly good food on those fat birds! Naturally, he thought she'd be honored to feed such a handsome catboy instead of the ugly fat birds. Byul had even said so! The little girl who called him "Mister Kitty" and ran around so much it made him dizzy said she would help find a home for him. He remembered waiting for her yesterday, but then he smelled hotdogs and dashed off to see if he could snatch any. Of course, the hotdog man was charmed enough to give him one, and the catboy returned to the spot in the park, his lips. He froze with dismay when he saw Byul and the other two grown-up humans poking around in the bushes, and quickly pulled himself together and ran there as fast as he could, just in time to hear the girl ask the female grown-up human, "Promise you'll give the kitty a good home?" and the hear the female promise. Almost purring, he followed her home. It had taken a long time for him to scrape up the courage to show himself – even though he knew it was impossible to resist such a handsome kitty, he was still afraid. But she had promised Byul to give him a good home, so he showed himself.

 

Stupid female broke her promise! The catboy sighed in annoyance. Last night, for one glorious night, he had believed he would have a nice home, a nice bed to take naps in, and have plenty of good food. He wouldn't leave so easily, he swore. Byul had been promised! The grown-up female had promised she would give him a home!

And no one broke promises, right? Right?

 

The catboy made himself comfortable on the porch, deciding he may as well take a nap. He slept soundly until he heard a rather familiar voice c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter