"I love you's"- The first reset I needed...

Jackets, Silver Rings and Colored Hair

A/N: Because DaChaeTzu is so soft. Is2g. and Dahyun and Nayeon sibling concept is my thing. Enjoy?

~Khazumi

She was literally dragging her feet home, soul leaving her body in a sigh as dread steadily grew in in her chest as she neared her final destination for the day. Dahyun was very ready to give up on herself, cursing again and again for such bad luck. She didn't think things could get any worse after that false alarm of hope for that theater pianist job. Nothing was worse than being shunned out, clearly not being wanted. It almost felt like she was being played with and tossed around.

She recalled the events after she got back to the cafe and a pang struck her heart. She had just finished her morning shift at the cafe and was about to have her lunch break before continuing onto her afternoon schedule, but the ringing of the front door and lack of replacement workers at the time caused her to stay for a bit and greet the customer who just so happened to be one of her regular piano clients. A generous man by the name of Mr. Benson.

"Sir. Nice to see you here. Welcome-" She regarded with a nod, but before she could ask for his order, he beat her to a question.

"Dahyun-ah, may I talk to you for a bit?"

It seemed his purpose of visit was to chat with her. She was about to decline because of duty, but her boss came along and told her she'd handle the counter, ushering the pair to a corner booth and placing a complimentary mug of hot choco for both, not knowing what the man liked. (Anyway, everyone loves hot choco! -Or so Dahyun claims.)

"Mr. Benson, so good to see you again. How's the hotel business going?" Dahyun asked out of formality as the man gave her a weak smile, humming to himself before telling her it was going fine- okay not quite- maybe a bit bumpy as of late with rising competition and he admitted it was worrying him as of late..

"Good, but I realized that we have to cut some connections and extra costs because of our little set-back." He seemed to be uncomfortable with telling her that, and Dahyun began to notice the slightly tensed aura he gave off. He was looking at her in a certain... worried? Sorry? Pitiful way? Dahyun couldn't quite put a finger to it, but she knew she did not like it. He sighed in a resignation Dahyun had seen quite a few times already, and she felt her heart rate shoot up as her slowly widening eyes stung. She prayed it wasn't what she thought it was. 

"Mr. Benson?"

"I'll go straight to the point and not lie. Dahyun, I have to cancel our premade agreements for your future performances... maybe for the next three months while we try to get back on our feet. A new resotel has opened on our block and it has reviews from international critics and comes from a popular chain of hotels. It also caters just around the same price as ours, but the quality is amazing, I have to admit. We... are losing interest and you know that this place is standing here because of my own sweat and blood. It came right from my pocket."

Dahyun knew. When Karl Benson was a young chap, he dreamed of creating a chain of restaurants and hotels. And he succeeded with building up this one after years of toiling. She met him a little while after she lost her parents and was seeking any job. He had gone to one competition by chance during her rare participation and had approached her with a request. And really, she couldn't say no. They had grown close after he first hired her, telling her stories of how when he was younger, he was like her. A kindred soul of potential who had a dream to rise up and make it big. 

He took care of her too. Paid her well, sometimes sent her home after performing with food from the hotel. He let the girls stay over once, for free, just to relax and be able to take a breather from their horrible life. He was an amazing man.

But even he had struggles.

"I'm sorry, Dahyun." He patted her head, truly apologetic as his heart hurt. "I love hearing you play. It's my favorite sound in the world... and I wish I had the funds, but because of the waning attention on us, I have less sponsors, and it seems some of them even signed with that new place."

"I... I'm just... I don't really know right now, Mr. Benson." Dahyun's voice cracked as she played with the end of her apron. This wasn't a good time for her to lose another one of her only hopes on gaining money to support herself.

"Dahyun, I have to let you go and cancel our contract. I don't know when I can hire you again." This was it. Clearly spoken out, the words Dahyun did not want to hear. She couldn't complain though because she knew that it was out of any of their control. Fate played its cards cruelly against Dahyun.

"I see..."

"I really am sorry." The man spoke, hand reaching out to Dahyun's face to wipe away a tear, and only then did she realize she was crying silently. "If I could do anything as compensation, let me give you a few-"

"No, sir. You've done enough to help me through." She had reached over the table and stopped the man's hand from reaching for his wallet in his backpocket. She knew he would have given her some cash because he was generous like that, but she did not need- okay, so she did need it, but rather not accept. Mr. Benson had already done too much for her. Paying her for doing nothing wasn't a good thing in her book. Her conscience would kill her. "Thank you, but I really couldn't. Thank you for everything." She smiled warmly and gave him a small hug from across the table.

Dahyun then stood up and gathered the two now-empty mugs to bring them to the kitchen at the back as she bowed her thanks once more. She estimated about ten more minutes of her lunchbreak. Maybe she could have a sandwich from the display. She'd have Wendy-unnie take it out of her pay.

"But-" Mr. Benson stood up in protest, heart heavy as he watched the girl who was like a daughter to him mask her pain and stay standing despite the troubles he knew she went through. He was surprised she was taking this ordeal rather calmly, then again, Dahyun had always been a calm and well-composed child. Eccentric at times, but cold when alone.

"I'm strong, Uncle Ben." The man teared up at the endearment she called him when they used to play together and meet up when there was no working involved. He gave her a minute smile as he replayed those words in his head.

"That you are, my dear. That you are." 

One last very tight hug (Dahyun swore she felt her apron get heavier during that minute long hug) and he was out the door, no more further words and Dahyun watched the man leave. Reaching into her apron pocket in suspicion, she found an envelope with two hundred dollars inside and a small note that read,

'Thank you. Take care always. Your talent brings colorful emotions to the world. And I hope you actually feel them too.

-Uncle Ben'

 

Dahyun chuckled, shaking her head as she went into the back room, going to her locker and placing the envelope into her pack along with her casual clothes.

"Prying old man..."


The sky was painted red, orange with tints of pink her and there, all these vibrant warm tones fading into a cool deep bluish-black hue as the sun set. Dahyun had finished her afternoon shift, including clean-up and there were so few diners eating dinner here and there. Soon the shop could close down for the day and everyone would be safe in the comfort of their homes. Nothing beat the peace and love of a home. But the beauty of the outdoors and the experience were always worth a penny of Dahyun's time as she gazed out one of the large windows of the Son Family's cafe.

"Hey..." A hand rubbed her bicep and she turned to see worried eyes looking through her own, searchingg for something that she apparently did not find, the owner sighing in defeat.

"Wendy-Unnie." Dahyun gave her a small smile before turning back to the view outside the window, a red car passing by.

Seungwan bit her lip, unsure on how to ask. After her talk with what Wendy assumed to be Dahyun's client, her aura became damper than it already was as she worked in complete auto-pilot with a smile that never reached her eyes. She decide to keep it simple. "Are you okay?"

Dahyun kept it simple.

"No."

Wendy sighed, knowing that Dahyun wouldn't answer any more than what she asked, so she opted to be more forward. "What happened?"

She was a bit surprised that Dahyun had answered her so easily after that. "Well, from three regular clients, I only have two left. And he was my most frequent one. The other two haven't contacted me in well over half a year. I'm not expecting anything else. I don't sign with major labels either because god knows what they do to their artists as time progresses. Music turns into trash. I would never make garbage." She had spoken all her thoughts that had been in her head for how long, no one knew. "I've been too busy to compose again, and my last one wasn't received well. People sure love music differently nowadays, don't you think Unnie?"

Wendy hummed, still listening with no intention of stopping Dahyun from sharing her rarely opened-up feelings.

"So I lost another job." Dahyun laughed mirthlessly. "How can I go home to my little family like this?" She shook her head before darkened chocolate eyes met Wendy's and she found herself tongue-tied, unable to reply.

The store owner did not know how it felt, not having a full family to support you at that age. She had her parents and sister, and their cousin who had been staying with them for so long now she practically lived in Korea. She didn't know what it was like to have to work as a bread winner and have to know every little adult issue thing. She wasn't like Dahyun at seventeen. Dahyun, was now in her very early twenties, but still. Burdened with the need to make money so that she would not be a burden herself, that was what Dahyun always felt like as she told her boss.

Wendy worked under her well-off family's cafe because she loved it. Baking, serving people her food and pastry, her earning well was a bonus. It was her livelihood, yes, but if anything were to go amiss, she'd have the support of her family, financially and emotionally. Dahyun lacked one of them, sometimes even two as it was different if she actually had parental figures in her life.

Not putting down the girl's brilliant friends and oh-so-charitable roommates, but they were all very young adults. No matter how mature they tried to be, sometimes, an old man's wise words would be a good thing. And it was what Kim Dahyun needed the most.

"So you don't want to go home?" Wendy asked, Dahyun's hair gently.

"I can hear my heart shattering as I open the door to Nayeon-unnie's happy face as she greets me welcome home and asks me how work went." Dahyun confessed, burying her head in her hands. Luckily for her, Wendy already had the solution. One that they used to always use in the older days.

"Dahyun, sleep over at the house tonight."

The girl's head shot up, brunette hair that was dyed at the tips flying up with the force that she snapped her neck up. "WHAT?!"

"Oh come on, don't overreact. You've done it so many times before! My parents love you too! The whole family does! I bet the kiddos would love to see you come over after so long." Wendy beckoned.

"Unnie... You know why I don't go there anymore. I don't have the right to-"

"Dahyun-ah, whatever happened in the past, was the past. I thought you and that little ex of yours talked this through?" Wendy felt a slight apprehension from Dahyun as the younger bit her lip, weighing her options. Go home, or go to a place like home and clear her broken heart for a bit before having to face her mates with the bad news.

"Okay." She whispered with a nod. "I'll go with you."

Wendy smiled as they both stood up, ready to close up shop. "Great."


"Coming!!!" Chaeyoung ran down the stairs, straight for the door. "Why are you home later than usual Unnie! It's hard waiting for you to have dinner with us! You know we eat as a family- heeyyy...?" Chaeyoung's words fell short as she stared at the mono-lidded beauty in front of her, looking like she would combust from her nerves.

"Chaeyoung-ssi. G-good e-e-evening..." Was the awkward greeting. Chaeyoung could see the visible shaking of the girl's pupils and she wanted to reach out a comforting hand, but found herself frozen in shock. "I- I was.. I'll go home." The girl turned swift on her heel but was stopped by a hand on her wrist.

"N-no! No, I was just- Hi... Hyunnie." She got out breathlessly, chest suddenly constricting for a reason she couldn't name, but the sight of the older girl did things to her that she could never label. The way she called Dahyun did strange things to the older's heart, that warm familiarity telling her she didn't deserve the affection from the name. "Didn't think you'd ever come see me again... by your own will." Chaeyoung referred to the two times they met at the theater by pure coincidence.

"By your sister's will, you mean." Dahyun rolled her eyes playfully, trying to shake off her nerves through the act and Chaeyoung couldn't help but laugh, a laugh that made Dahyun want to join along. And she did. Whilst they shared their amusement, they locked gazes and the world became stiller. A heavy, but not completely unpleasant air settled between them, no one knowing what to do or what move to make.

Chaeyoung decided for them apparently as she launched herself into Dahyun's arms, whispering an, "I miss you... so damn much..." Into the older girls shoulder as Dahyun could feel a few drops on her shirt. She knew she was letting out a few of her own tears, and despite her initial shock, she found this warmth she had missed for so long as she hugged Chaeyoung back.

"Me too, me too. I miss you too."


"Sooo... what brings you here to my humble abode? Again? And Why did you address me so coldly?" The baby cub pouted which Dahyun found immensely adorable, pinching the girls puffed out cheek.

"Just... stuff." Dahyun replied, pretending to be non-chalant.

"Just stuff is a lot of stuff." Chaeyoung responded as she lead the older into the dining room and to the table. "Maybe you can tell me later?" She asked hopefully.

"Maybe."

Once Dahyun made her way through the familiar division of the house, she noticed another guest, one that made her smile softly (despite her nervousness) and also throw a sorry look to Chaeyoung. Her heart beat raggedly in her chest as she put on a calm face to address the person, body very much frozen. "Tzuyu."

The girl nodded, looking slightly stunned as Dahyun had another stare down. Their was a slight tension. The three had been the best of friends back then in highschool. Funny how the eldest and the youngest fell for the one in the middle. Chaeyoung had chosen Dahyun in the end, and Tzuyu never did mind. She was that selfless for Chaeyoung. And now after Dahyun and Chaeyoung had broken up, Tzuyu stepped in to take care of the cub without reservation. Remembering this fact and being here right now only made Dahyun feel less welcome and guiltier because it was her fault that things were awkward like this: Chaeyoung watching the exchange while biting her lip, waiting for anyone to do or say something, heart pounding as much as the other two. Tzuyu was frozen it seemed, more expressionless than usual- and that scared Dahyun all the more, lip quivering and pupil's dilating, dry as if she were going into an attack.

Her guilt and fear seized her as she couldn't form any other words passed the name of her cute dongsaeng. She hadn't seen her since she left her high school after receiving the okay that she passed. Heck, Dahyun didn't attend her graduation and had opted to simply pick up her diploma afterwards. After that she went to a college that she was sure wouldn't cater to the courses of her two best friends. All this, she did without so much as a 'goodbye'.

Knowing this, after doing her best to totally close off connections from the two, how could she simply talk to them without fearing a lashing out. Chaeyoung's reaction was a big surprise already. After what she had done because of her own selfish depression, she didn't think she had the right to greet them as if they were still friends. She couldn't just assume that.

"I-" Just as she was about to escape again, another hug that knocked the air out of her lungs was initiated.

"I swear to god, Unnie, if you go out because you want to be considerate of my feelings, save it. I love you just as much now as I did then." Tzuyu told her. The giant girl had literally ran from her seat and jumped into Dahyun's arms the moment her mind registered that this person was real. "I haven't seen you in so long."

Dahyun had received two hugs from the most understanding people in the planet, aside from her little family. And despite that little rough patch, these two had always wanted to smoothen it out. Dahyun cried. She just had to.

"I'm so sorry." She returned the hug so tightly as Chaeyoung joined them, Wendy sighing in relief that nothing bad occurred between them. Friends, true ones would always be true. Listening to Dahyun break was painful for anyone, and no matter what, she knew the two youngest girls loved their unnie wholeheartedly, more than the anger that they could have had for her bad decisions.

It was beautiful love. And it really was what Dahyun needed.


"So, are you two finally a thing?" Dahyun teased, a burden eased from her heart as the three lay on Chaeyoung's large bed. Dinner had been a time of adjustment and catching up, the initial tense atmosphere giving way and melting into comfort and happiness. Now they lay together, talking about anything really at nine-thirty, no one wanting to sleep lest they wake up to all this being just a dream.

Tzuyu blushed as Chaeyoung simply laughed, her arm going across Dahyun's abdomen, squeezing her tight. "It took some time, but I guess I finally got over you." Chaeyoung confessed. "Now, we've been together a good two months after she courted me and got me out of my hole."

"..." Dahyun didn't know what she felt, but she wished with her whole heart to be happy for the two who found love in each other when all she could do was bring hate.

With no response from the eldest, Tzuyu spoke up. "We never got angry. We never hated you. Maybe Chaeyoung got hurt and I was irritated. Really irritated." The youngest punctuated her words with a harsh pinch and pull to Dahyun's fluffy cheeks, the older whining and rubbing to soothe the red spot. Tzuyu laughed before ending it with a sigh. "But we... we understood why you did what you did." Tzuyu spoke softer as she hugged Dahyun from the opposite side.

No matter what happened then, Dahyun had always taken good care of them. She was extremely careful and protective of the tiny and giant girls. She would shoo away bullies and suitors alike, and help them with projects and homework, an even overly strict teachers. She would even buy them lunch (much to the protests of the pair as they knew their Unnie's well-masked financial struggles. She was still so heartily generous and could not be stopped.).

So yes, though they were down and disappointed and hurt, at the end of it all, Dahyun was still the figure they adored, their protector and older sister. The one who would spare time despite her three part-time jobs just to teach them a bit of piano. They loved her still. They always would.

"Unnie, we love you. Always."

Feeling her eyes water (because how could she have these two angels in her life?!), but not wanting to ruin anything- and simply because so many words were caught in , Dahyun cleared to change the subject. "This is the weirdest convo ever." She laughed, squirming in place. "What kind of couple is alright with the ex of one to be here in the same room... And we didn't end on the best terms even... And why am I in the middle?! Why aren't you lovebirds lying next to each other. What the hell is this situation?!" Dahyun asked with a small laugh. "Why am I even allowed to be here?"

The two flipped over and lay on their stomachs, head propped up on their elbows as they stared Dahyun down. "We told you, we understand, and though you were pretty horrible, we don't hate you. We forgive you." Chaeyoung said as the two patted her cheeks jokingly.

Forgive.

Dahyun couldn't stop it this time, couldn't hold back the tears that formed because she was just too lucky- no- too blessed to have such people in her life. She had to cry. She sobbed like a little girl, fighting back the persistent tears to no avail, her whimpers clearly audible to the two who frowned because they knew her pain, but couldn't understand it, despite understanding the situation that caused it. They never wanted to see her hurt, they knew she didn't want to see them hurt either which was why she parted with them as soon as she could before all of them would break. Sometimes, the closer people are to you, the more they can hurt you. Dahyun must have known that all along, though she didn't think that her two younger friends were already too close to be shut out.

"Unnie... Why are you like this?" Chaeyoung whined, hugging the girl as Tzuyu did so too for the nth time that night. "Stop crying!"

"B-but... but I! I! I... I'm sorryyyy.... I'm so sorry... sorry..." Dahyun repeated, voice growing tinier, more and more exhausted until her voice died down to a weak croak. "I'm sorry..."

Chaeyoung and Tzuyu shared a look, communicating to each other silently before they nodded and sat up, pulling Dahyun up by one arm each.

"Unnie!" They said in unison in those adorable voices Dahyun loved so much but would also be wary of because they always used it to take advantage of her each time. But now, she found she didn't mind it one bit, holding those sounds close to heart. Her endearing little babies.

"Yes?" She whispered her reply, bringing out her best smile for them as she wiped away her tears. They deserved her attention and love- hell, they deserved the world.

The two plastered identical grins on their faces before asking in cute voices- "Buy us some Icecream!"

Dahyun laughed. It felt so good. She stood up right away as the two followed, no other words uttered, climbing down the stairs on their tippy toes lest they wake up Wendy or Mr. and Mrs. Son and earn a scolding. The three of them got out in their pajamas, sneakers and jackets being worn. At the door, Dahyun spoke, said the reply to the requset earlier that they all already knew if it weren't obvious. 

"Yes!"


Dahyun woke up groaning, a heavy weight on her body- correction, weights on her body. Slowly opening her heavy eyelids, she chuckled to herself and shook her head at the sight that greeted her. Chaeyoung and Tzuyu decided to make her their human pillow, their positions resulting in a three-way hug. Smiling to herself, she planted a kiss each on the crown of the two babies' heads then did her best to wiggle out of their grasp without waking them up. It was difficult as they had a such a tight hold, but after enough struggle she got out, adjusting their arms to hug each other. Once she was satisfied with her work, she took a look at the bedside clock Chaeyoung owned, surprised that she was up this early (five-thirty am) though they slept quite late last night after getting late-night icecream.

She decided to freshen up and go downstairs to make breakfast- or help with it, whichever worked, depending on whether Wendy was awake already or not. Dahyun assumed she would be at least. The owner of the cafe always headed in early so it was more likely.

As she walked down the stairs of the house, she saw the light from the kitchen doorway that confirmed her presumptions. Silently making her way there, she paused at the sight of the older Son Daughter, whipping up something in the bowl. Dahyun stared for a good minute before the older of the two noticed her presence and gave her a tired-from-the-early-morning smile. The kind you have when you just got up in the morning.

"Hey." Wendy greeted.

"Good morning boss." Dahyun teased as Wendy responded with  fake glare before returning to her work. Dahyun approached closer. "What are we having today?" She inquired, taking a peek at the bowl's contents then surveying the counter-top adorned with various ingredients.

"Strawberry pancakes with vanilla icecream on top and some fudgy chocolate syrup." Wendy grinned at the way Dahyun's eyes widened at the word "chocolate".

Dahyun knew the older girl noticed. "Ehem... You know I would've offered to help even without you mentioning chocolate, right?" She gave a winning smile before extending a hand, palm faced up, gesturing that she could take over the mixing while Wendy prepared the pan and her precious chocolate sauce. Gosh did she love Wendy's custom sauce.

"Riiiigggghhhtt..." Wendy replied, seemingly unconvinced and both shared a laugh at that. "Get whipping. Then I'll teach you the secret to the sauce. I just hope you won't make it often and get fat." She giggled as Dahyun wiggled her brows.

"I can't make any promises."


Chaeyoung woke up first between the girlfriends. She rubbed her eyes and squinted around the room, feeling it to be significantly less warm than it was when she went to sleep. Why was that, she wondered. It was still comfortable nonetheless so she snuggled back into her snoring pillow- snoring?

"Dahyun-unnie, Gucci... won't... bite..." Chaeyoung giggled at her giant teddy bear, Tzuyu, mumbling cutely in her sleep. It was in times like this that Tzuyu being younger was made apparent.

"Big Baby." She laughed quietly as she brushed a strand out of Tzuyu's face. Only then did she remember. "Wait, Dahyun-unnie?" She mumbled in confusion, before abruptly getting up. "Dahyun-unnie!"

Her outburst had woken up her girlfriend who jolted straight into a sitting position. Chaeyoung would have found it comical if she wasn't searching madly for the eldest of the trio. 

"Dahyun-unnie, where is she?" She asked herself as she looked around the room and tried to listen for sounds of a shower from her room. "Was last night a dream?"

"I don't think so..." Tzuyu answered the question Chaeyoung supposedly asked herself. "But then where..."

"Do you think... she left... again?" Chaeyoung was hesitant in speaking that out loud. Because if what happened last night, was in fact, not a dream, Dahyun wouldn't just disappear again, right? The thought scared her. Their lives had finally connected again. She knew neither of them on that bed was prepared to lose Dahyun from their lives again. "Do you think she left a text or a note at least?" Chaeyoung tried to be hopeful.

"Chaeng, we  changed our phones after falling into the river last year after you were chased by random girl with a rock of a handbag because you told her her shirt reminded you of your beloved grandma. In a kinda good way."

"It was true! It was a compliment!"

"Well, she obviously didn't think so."

"My grandma is the best..." Chaeyoung grumbled to herself as Tzuyu got up and looked around to find any semblance of a note before plopping back down, no gold found. Chaeyoung (having gotten over her grandma case), frowned in worry as they had no answer yet to their question. Tzuyu watched the cub's expression in empathy before rubbing her thumb to smoothen the crease on Chaeyoung's forehead in reassurance. One of them had to be positive, though Tzuyu wasn't that person more oft than not.

"Maybe she's just here? Or maybe she had to work with your sister at the cafe? They both leave early. Doesn't your sister try to get there by six?"

"Six-thirty. Chaeyoung replied before looking at her bedside clock."

"6:20" The pair spent a good few seconds staring at the digits before hearing a familiar voice exclaiming-

"Done!"

They stared at each other... before racing off the bed, out the door and down the stairs to the kitchen.

"Unnie!" They yelled at the same time, causing the said girl to yelp and jump high in place.

"YES?!" Dahyun turned around to greet them, a pan still in hand as she tried to calm her heart by taking deep breaths.

"You're here!" The two tried to jump on her and hug her, but Dahyun had to stop them for their own safety.

"Woah, woah, woah... I'm holding hot stuff kids. Don't want you hurt." She laughed as she turned back to the stove, Wendy, who was watching the exchange from the fridge area nearby, shook her head in amusement. How precious.

"You don't want to hug us?" The two gave Dahyun puppy eyes just to taunt her, deep down extremely glad she was there with them.

"I finish these, and I'll hug you both all morning." She smiled, flipping over a pancake without realizing her words.

"Yah! What about work?" Wendy quipped from across the room, jesting really, but the glares she got were a stark contrast to her playful comment. They were dead serious. "Kidding... kidding... kiddos... you knew that right? I was gonna let her have the day off... ahahaha..ha..." Wendy chuckled nervously as Dahyun realized.

"Oh right! I had work, sorry for forgetting Wendy-unnie!" Dahyun immediately apologized as she placed the pancake on a plate and replaced batter in the pan. She then turned to her two (not-so) little friends. "Sorry girls, Unnie has to work." She pouted along with them. A pancake was flipped.

"Unnie..." Chaeyoung turned to Wendy and the elder laughed as she approached Dahyun and ruffled her hair. "Hyun-ah, you can't possibly refuse these creatures? And besides, you work too hard as it is." Her words were backed-up by fervent nodding from the younger pair. "Take a day off and recover. You've had a tough start to the week. Take this time to collect yourself too and prepare to go home."

At the reminder of home, Dahyun was stilled, legs shaking slightly. Right. She had yet to tell Nayeon-unnie and them. She could only nod in reply, eyes directed randomly at the floor. In her shocked state, a hand pried away the spatula from her own and flipped the pancake in the pan behind them. She then felt both her hands engulfed in warmth.

"We'll be with you the whole day. The whole way." Chaeyoung said as she made Dahyun look at them.

"And this time, we won't let you disappear. You're not allowed to." Tzuyu continued.

"Understand?" They both said in synch.

Dahyun felt light. She giggled and nodded as she squeezed back. "Did I tell you I love you both?" She said with utmost sincerity and adoration.

"Well..." Tzuyu put a finger to her lip. "You forgot to reply to us last night, but this will do." They all shared a laugh at that.

"Well then, I'll just have to repeat it over and over... I love you guys."

"Love you more~!"


Breakfast was delicious, and true to herword, Dahyun hugged the two the whole day. She would have taken them out, but they insisted on staying home and cuddling, which was fine too.

Now, at six pm in front of her apartment, Dahyun stood with nerves tingling as she pressed on the doorbell.

Footsteps. Hurried shuffling. And the door swung open and for the third time, Dahyun was engulfed in a crushing hug.

"Welcome home, idiot! Stop worrying me!" The figure sobbed.

"I'm home, Nayeon-unnie." Dahyun smiled softly as she allowed herself to be embraced by the bunny-like girl. "And I-I... have to tell you something..."

"Yes?" Nayeon pulled away for a second, pleasantly surprised at the sight of Tzuyu and Chaeyoung behind her younger sister. They each had a hand supporting her back.

Dahyun breathed in. She was scared, but the warmth on her back was all the courage she needed. Deciding to tell her Unnie and roommates once they got inside, but right now she settled for the first thing she found out she should always say after her experience with Chewy and Chaeng.

"Unnie..."

"Hmm?" Nayeon's attention was brought back to her now.

"Thanks for always taking care of me. I love you."

Nayeon could cry. Really. They were seriously sisters.

"I love you too."


A/N: Goodbye WIL era an get well Hyunnie!!!! <3 Time for bed for me! Sorry for cutting it short but well... my mom will scold me xD

~Khazumi