Chapter 1

Before Time Passes

Yixing twists and turns hearing his phone ring for what seems the 1000th time. He rubs his eyes and groans lowdly knowing the ringing wasn't going to stop anytime soon. He streches and moans when the sun shines into his room, blinding him in the process. Yixing reaches out to grab his phone off of the night stand. 

"Hello" he answers without so much as glacing at the ID and tries to rub the sleep out of his eyes. 

In return he hears his fiancée, Xiu Ying, questioning or more like yelling at him to tell her where he has been. With panic written all over his face Yixing stares at the clock on his nightstand which tells him that he's late to the 'breakfast date' with Xiu Ying. Yixing's fiancée doesn't wait for an answer or apology and hangs up. After throwing the phone on his bed along with himself Yixing starts wondering if he should text Xiu Ying. Instead of overthinking the situaton Yixing decides to let her cool off and contact her later on. Xiu Ying has the tendency to get angry at Yixing for his smallest mistake resulting in him getting yelled at so it doesn't bother him that much anymore. He decides to lounge around for a while since he had already made plans to eat lunch at 1pm with his best friend, Kim Minseok, and Kim Jongdae who are also a happily married couple. After dressing up appropriately and grabbing a quick bite to eat considering he'll eat lunch soon anyway, he drives to the restaurant he's supposed to meet the married couple.

 

After graduating Yixing has been working as a dance teacher and often get's the chance to work with celebrities. He met his current fiancée when he made a choreography for an idol group named EXO, who also happen to be his friends. EXO concists of his high school friends, Sehun, Jongin, Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Kyungsoo, who have always dream of being on the stage. She, Xiu Ying, was an EXO-L since the debut of the group and is willing to support them in any way she can. Yixing met her backstage at a concert and when Xiu Ying found out that he was the choreographer. She started to ask him questions about his work and how he had known EXO. Yixing and Xiu Ying got closer when they kept bumping into eachother at EXO's sceduals where it was mendetory for the choreographer to be present. 

 

It doesn't occur to him until now that they, his friends and he, usually never eat at restaurants but rather just order something in and hang out at home. None the less he walks in without hesitation. Yixing finds his company for lunch at a table with someone who he can't recognize because the young male is looking out of the window. Minseok and Jongdae spot him when he enters and stand up to greet Yixing with smiles on their faces. Minseok is dressed in all black which is a huge contrast to his husband, Jongdae who's wearing bright and welcoming colors. Yixing greets both men with a hug.

"Yixing, how have you been" Jongdae is the one to start the conversation. 

"I've been doing fine thank-" he doesn't get to finish his sentence because all of a sudden the stranger looks at Yixing, making his heart stop. 

Yixing can recognize those eyes and that smile anywhere. He doesn't say anything and stares at Junmyeon who in response smiles even more brightly at him. Junmyeon used to be someone Yixing used to cherish, someone he loved, someone he would do anything for. All the memories they made come rushing back to him in the speed of light and knock the air out of his lungs. All the laughs. All the kisses. All the small touches. All the tears. All of it. He keeps staring at him with his mouth agape. Junmyeon still has the healthy glowong skin that anyone would be jealous of. His smile still reaches his eyes making them into crescent moons. Junmyeon's cheeks are slightly tinted pink, making YiXing's heart beat faster that it should. 

Minseok realizes that neither of them are going to say anything so he interrupts by telling Yixing to sit down. Yixing can't take his eyes of off Junmyeon. He can't believe that he's able to see him again after years of not even a phone call. The lunch is nothing other than sufforcating for Yixing but the other three don't seem to mind how quite the dance teacher is being.

"Junmyeon, how come you haven't visited us sooner" Minseok fakes being upset and pouts at his best friend.

Jongdae and Junmyeon both chuckle at the cuteness of the eldest "I've been busy working at my fathers company in Japan since he wanted me to take over as soon as possible. I'm sorry Minseokie, but i'll be staying in Seoul so we'll meet more frequently."

To Minseok that was great news because he will be able to spend more time with his choldhood friend but Yixing can't help feel upset. He doesn't want to have to see him and be reminded of their past. At least not now, not when he's getting married. He's always felt certain feelings only towards Junmyeon and if they manage to resurface he won't be able to stay away from him. 

"What have you been up to the past years?" Junmyeon questions the others while taking a sip from his glass. 

"Well Minseok is working on getting his PhD right now and I'm a vocal teacher. You were still here when we got married so there isn't much to say about that. Although we've moved so you should come to visit is at our new home. " Minseok looks fondly at Jongdae when he talks about their marrige. 

Everyone kept saying that they'll grow out of the honeymoon phase but Minseok was detirmined to always express his love towards Jongdae. Everytime he looks at the younger you can see his eyes light up and sparkle a little bit more. To Yixing this kind of adoration and love is something that he's always wanted. 

Junmyeon now turns towards Yixing and questions him about what he's done in the past years. 

Yixing hopes that he doesn't end up stuttering and making a fool out of himself. He's always left speechless when Junmyeon is around him and even after so much time apart he still has the same effect on Yixing. But seeing him after so long and looking like the hottest man to walk this earth is doing things to him that he isn't able to control. Junmyeon has the cutest smile on his face but he's wearing a suit that makes him look ethreal. 

"I'm currently a dance teacher and choreogtaoher" He tries to not make eye contact with Junmyeon in hopes to somehow get rid of his thoughts. 

Minseok cuts in when he realizeses that the chinese man isn't going to say anything else. "Yixing is going to get married to Xiu Ying soon. Correct me if I'm wrong but you know her, right?"

Yixing sees Junmyeon's smile faltering just a little bit. 

"Yeah I do know her, congratulations Yixing." Junmyeon says as he turns to look out of the window again. Yixing can't help but think that his response wasn't genuine. There is a small voice in his head telling him that Junmyeon still cares and loves him but Yixing still chooses to ignore it. 

Minseok now questions Junmyeon about his love-life. "Honestly, I haven't had the time or the will to find someone. I'm content with what I have right now" Junmyeon answers after he turns back around and looks at Minseok who's sitting next to him. 

They finish lunch in no time and Minseok aswell as Jongdae invite Junmyeon over to have dinner at their house on Saturday night. Usually the group of young men have dinner at the couples house on the weekend and sleep over aswell. It has been tradition since high school and no one is allowed to skip it. Junmyeon agrees and gives his best friend a tight hug. He then does the same with Jongdae and tells him that he'll show up early to help out just like the old days. When he's standing infront of Yixing, Yixing can't help but freak out. Junmyeon throws his arms around Yixing and pulls him closer and rests his head in the crook of YiXing's neck. He stands there frozen but pulls himself together after just a few seconds and pults his arms around Junmyeon's waist and hugs him tighter if that's even possible. Yixing's head is working in over time to calm his heart down but there is nothing stopping the bitterflies in his stomach. Junmyeon pulls back and stares at Yixing and although their almost the same hight Junmyeon stands on his tiptoes and plants a soft kiss on Yixing's cheeks making blood rush to his face. 

"See you on Saturday Xing" Junmyeon whispers before walking to his car. Jongdae and Minseok about looking like a tomato but Yixing is more focused on the war between his head and heart. The logical side is telling him that he's getting married soon and shouldn't be thinking about his ex while his heart keeps telling him that Junmyeon is worth and deserving of all the love this universe has to offer.