Chapter 1: Just a Bad Day

From the Streets to Happiness

          "Okay! Ugh, I can take care of myself mom! You always treat me like a baby!" You hang up the phone and slam it onto the table with a heavy sigh as you angrily blow the stray hairs out of your face. Your mother can be such a pain sometimes even when she's thousands of miles away in America. Setting your unpleasant conversation with your mother aside, you get ready for work. You're a new English teacher straight out of school in America. Hoping for a better chance of life, you have moved to Korea to teach at a local elementary school in Seoul.

          As you slip on your heels, you recall the conversation you had earlier and slam the front door open, stomping your way to the elevator. When you arrive at school, you make your way to the teacher's office and greet your fellow coworkers. Getting ready for your first class, you stand to realize you forgot your teaching plans at home. As you fall back into your seat in despair, you grab your water bottle and down half of the water in it. Unprepared and angry at you mother, you make your way to the classroom to teach your class. 

          After the long hard day at work, all you want to do is go home and lay down with a large mug of hot tea. With this in mind, you speed up your pace until, BAM! You slam right into someone. You look up and see you spilled the coffee the man was carrying all over him.

          "Oh my gosh I'm so sorry! I should have been more careful! Please let me buy you a new coffee and a new shirt! I'm so sorry sir!" With that, you drop to the feet of the masked man. The struggles of this day have just built up and exploded at the expanse of this poor man's coffee. As you eyes start dispensing tear at an uncontrollable rate, the man's towering stature bends over and holds your arms. He picks you up and says, "It's alright. Are you okay? Would you like some water?"

          Still bawling, you let the man lead you to the back door of a building.

 

 

Hi! I don't know what to really think of this story. I'm really just writing anything that comes to mind. Please comment, subscribe, vote, etc. It'd be very greatly extremely appreciated.