Chapter 7

Lonely Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ps, there will be lots of cussing in this chapter. You are warned. XD

 

This is stupid. 

Having to wake up extra early on a Monday morning, when it's supposed to be your holiday, is so stupid. The worst is having to squash yourself in between of Kai and Chanyeol. While Minseok and Suho can rest peacefully in the front seat.

"Seriously? Why must we go to the beach this early? It's not even eight yet and I'm sure the fishes are still sleeping." You complain, sighing every now and then. "That's because Suho hyung made a mistake and we need to check if there's any vacant room so that we can stay over for a night."

"Oppa?" You gave Suho a betrayed look, "I thought I can rely on you." 

"Now you know you can only trust me." Kai smirk, resting his head on your shoulders while you just roll your eyes. The two of you became even closer after he confessed. Kai has been nothing, but nice to you. He takes care of you, he dotes on you and he likes you.

A type of love which you have been looking for years. "Where's Baekhyun?" Your eyes travelled to Chanyeol who just shrugs. "He went to pick Nari up and Yixing hyung is driving the rest of the guys over." You winced at the mention of the female's name. The name that you no longer felt familiar, like you used to. In the past, Baekhyun was the one driving you instead whenever you need to travel to another place.

But now, he has a girlfriend and you were almost, a hundred percent, sure that he don't need you like he used to.

Because, Nari is there to replace you. She's there to replace your position as his best friend too. "You alright?" Kai asked, his eyes not leaving you.

​​​You shook your head. "I'm not, but I'll be fine." You assured and Kai continued to look at you, his hands reaching out for your cheeks. "Good, because I don't want to see you crying for another guy." 

"But I won't cry for you either." You joked.

"That's right." He suddenly leans back in his seat. "Because I will never ever let you cry, not even for me. If someone truly cares for you, they will never hurt you, by all means. Remember that, Hana."

If someone truly cares...

That's right, if he truly cares, he will never let me cry. No matter what. 

"They will be there too. Let's at least try to pretend, alright?"

You nodded, smiling.

The whole group of you finally reach the beach after an hour ride and it was so tiring. You couldn't even sleep in the car since Kai was disturbing you the entire time. Gosh, he's such a pain in the .

Suho and Minseok left to check the hotels first while Chanyeol went to find himself a washroom and the rest was already there as they set up an area for picnic. You ran over, excitedly, until you saw that particular couple laughing at each other and smiling joyfully again.

You stop in your tracks, looking at them while you blink back your tears. You didn't want to cry. You didn't feel like crying until you saw them. 

This used to be you and Baekhyun, together. He used to laugh with you, eat with you and play with you. You guys were truly best friends before but now..things has really changed. 

Someone else is standing beside him now and the person ain't you anymore.

Nari, who felt someone looking at her, stop laughing as she turns her head to your direction. Her face lits up when she saw you standing under the tree, with Kai walking towards you. "Hana! Over here." Hearing your name, Baekhyun turns around too.

He was too occupied by the sight of you wearing a flowy dress to notice that he was actually frowning when he saw Kai with you, again. 

You felt Kai slipping his hand into yours and pull you towards them. He whirled around, "Remember, give yourself one month." 

Right. One month.

Kai didn't let go of your hands eventhough you were now infront of them already. You were greeted by Kyungsoo who poured a glass of milk and a sandwich for you.

"Seriously, milk on a picnic?" You laughs but drank it anyways. 'Let's blame Suho hyung when he comes back. We could have slept more if he didn't make such a stupid mistake." Sehun said, sulking. He's still a little cute brat. 

"And why are the two of you holding hands?" Yixing eyed you and Kai suspiciously and you quickly let go of his hand, but Kai immediately tighten his grip and gave you a cheeky smile.

Nari gasped, "Don't tell me the two of you are dating?" 

"No." Kai replied and you quickly nodded. "But soon." And you nearly spit out the sandwich you ate a second ago.

"And Baekhyun is fine with that?" Jongdae raises an eyebrow, "Didn't he warned us to stay away from Hana?" 

Baekhyun looks away. I did, but I don't have the rights to do it anymore.

"Not anymore." Kai smirks, "The ban is lifted and I'm currently trying my best to make Hana fall in love with me." Jongdae only pout, throwing a glare at Baekhyun. "This us unfair! Why didn't you tell me anything? I like Hana too!"

"Too late. She's mine." Kai cuts in, pulling you to his side and you just blinked. You didn't know what to say because everything seems absurd to you, especially, Mr Kim Jongin.

Suho and Minseok returns shortly as they grin at all of you. "We have the rooms but we only have 5 rooms. 4 of us can share two rooms together and another 3 can share another room. Baekhyun will be with Nari and Kai said that he wants to share a room with Hana."

You nearly choke.

W-wait. Kai definitely did not say anything to you so why the hell are you sharing a room with him? He's not even your boyfriend, for god's sake.

You panicked, "I did not-"

"I don't allow that." You turn your head to the voice and Baekhyun was glaring at Suho sternly. Yes, he was glaring at his hyung and Suho nearly got killed by that. 

"Hana can share a room with Nari." He said again. Nari looks at Baekhyun strangely since she already told him in the morning that she wanted to sleep together with him tonight and he agreed. 

So, what's with the sudden change? 

Nonetheless, she didn't ask him anything and chose to keep quiet. 

"What a party pooper." You heard Kai muttering to himself and you had to bite your lips to stop yourself from giggling. 

Kai is dumb if he really thinks that he gets to sleep with you in a room together, tonight.

You won't allow that and there's no way in hell will Baekhyun ever allow that as well.

No freaking way.

The whole group of you went back to your rooms and promise to meet at the beach again in the afternoon for some swimming and volleyball together. As for the unathletic you, you decided to just sit at the side and play with whatever you can find there. 

You wore a white off-shoulder blouse with shorts and you brought a book along so that you at least have something to entertain yourself while the others have fun.

Kai, on the other hand was still sleeping in his room and when Suho tried to wake up up, the younger one accidentally kick his hyung in the jaw and Suho was dead mad. 

But,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter