Chapter 9

Lonely Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Isn't this place beautiful?"

You turn to look at Nari as she smile at the beautiful scenary. As always, she looks gorgeous. Her features, her hair and even her side profile is beautiful. Perhaps, this might be the exact reason why Baekhyun likes her. Her looks itself was enough to make his heart raced and you can never be compared to her. 

Nah, you aren't even close. 

"It is." You agreed, smiling. "Suho oppa really chose the right place." Nari nodded, her fingers tapping on the railing, creating a sharp metal sound. "How long has it been since we talk to each other like this?" 

You thought for a while. It has actually been a really long time eventhough you didn't want to admit it. It was your fault, you were being petty about the fact that she got to date your best friend whereas you can't. "Probably more than a few months." Your heart ache with guilt. Nari, if only Baekhyun didn't start dating you, we would have gotten so much closer.

"How are you doing with Kai?" You chuckles softly, "Are we playing 20 questions right now? And to answer that, Kai and I are just good friends, nothing more than that."

Nari gave you a curious look, "Won't you ever think of considering him?"

Your smile faded. You did think about considering Kai before. After all, he's a almost-perfect human being and he has everything in life. The most important thing is that he actually likes you and he cares for you, a lot. But still, your feelings for Baekhyun is way too strong. 

You can't just fall in love with someone else like that. 

"I don't know too. You really can't predict what might happen in the future."

That's right. You never know what might happen tomorrow. 

Nari nodded again and the two of you fell into silence, a comfortable type of silence. 

Nari has always been the kind and understanding friend to you. She talks to you sincerely, cheers you up and treats you to all the different ice cream in the world when she know that it was your favourite treats. You like her so much because of her true personality and she didn't judge you base on your appearance. 

Not saying anything, but you just didn't look bright enough for other people to approach and make friends with you. Luckily, you have Baekhyun by your side. 

But Nari, she didn't even care about the fact that you were friends with the famous people in school. She only wanted to be your friend, genuinely. 

Because of that, you decided to introduce Nari to Baekhyun, but you didn't expect the worst.

You didn't expect them to fall in love with each other.

While you became the third wheeler. 

Now that you think about it, it was actually you who brought them together. 

"I wanted to ask you something." She look down and a light smile could be seen on her lips. Yet, she didn't look happy at all. It took her a while to process before she opens again, "Do you think Baekhyun likes me?"

Your eyes widened a little.

Is she on her right mind? Why is she even asking-no-doubting Baekhyun's feelings for her? You were a little agitated by that. It was unfair. All these time, she didn't notice that loving gaze Baekhyun would give her everytime she walks to him? Or that heart throbbing smile? Gosh. Is she seriously asking you that? 

"Baekhyun likes you a lot, Nari." It pains you so much to say that. "You, of all people, should not doubt his feelings. He will be disappointed if he knows about it." 

Her eyes suddenly wandered to you and for a moment, you thought you said something wrong since her stares were sharp. "What about you then?"

Her question caught you off guard. 

"W-What about me?"

Nari turns her body and she was now facing you. You felt your heart thumping anxiously against your chest because you didn't like the way she was looking at you. Her eyes were searching for something, something that you have always tried to hide, for years. 

"Doesn't it hurt to say that?" 

You frown, confused. "What e-exactly are you talking about?"

"You like Baekhyun." 

And that, you stopped breathing. 

Your heart dropped.

She wasn't even asking you a question, it was a statement and at that moment, it hits you. She knows. She knows that you are in love with Byun Baekhyun and you felt ashamed. How long has she been aware about it? And, does he knows?

"I was right." She laughs bitterly when you didn't deny at all. "I actually thought it was Kai who you like." 

You hung your head low. 

You didn't know how to face her. She must have felt cheated. After all, you have always been mum about your love life and even when she tried to ask you who you like in the past, you chose to keep it a secret. 

In fact, the secret is Byun Baekhyun. 

"I'm sorry." You mumbled under your breath."

"You should be." Nari started, "Because it's unfair. It's unfair for all four of us." You finally look up and she was calm enough to have her eyes met yours. "It's unfair for Kai because he clearly likes you, but yet, you don't even try to like him back. It'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter