Zombie dude and a cutie pie

Zombie dude and a cutie pie

Junhong was rolling down the street on his skateboard at 2 in the morning. The boy had woken up and felt hungry but nothing in his fridge could satisfy the rumbling in his tummy. So like any college student his age he left the house to get some unhealthy junk food from the nearest 24 hour gas station. Loot in hand, Junhong was nearing his house when something caught his eye. In the middle of the street laid a boy wearing all black. Curiosity had the skater wrapped around its ugly little finger.

“Hey, what are you doing?” Junhong walked up to the guy, lightly nudging him with his foot. Maybe it was a dead body.

“Touch me with your dirty shoe again and I'll stab you.” That answers the dead body question. Obviously this guy was a zombie, nothing else could explain it.

“I think my shoe is the least of your problems seeing as you're laying on the dirty street. You're going to get ran over.” Junhong had sat down on the ground crisscross applesauce, resting his head on his open palm.

“Maybe I want to get hit by a car.” Zombie dude didn’t move an inch. Eyes still closed as if he was sleep talking.

“Why would you want that?” Junhong used the hand not acting as a headrest to fiddle with one of the many bracelets the guy had on his wrist.

“If I get hit by a car and live then I can sue the driver and use the money to pay for my tuition. If I die then I don't have to deal with all the I don't want to deal with. It's a win win situation.” Junhong stared at the guy laying in the middle of the street. What a weird dude.

“I don't think that's how it works...”

“Might as well try. I have nothing better to do.” The guy finally opened his eyes to look at Junhong. The skater stared back.

“I bought some snacks from the gas station do you want to go on a picnic date.” Junhong didn’t know what he was doing but dating a zombie would be cool and he could finally prove his friends wrong about his inability to get a date. Zombie dude looked at the bag then back to Junhong. He got up and patted his clothes as if that would brush off the dirt. The guy took a moment to pull his shirt down before he held out his hand to Junhong, who gladly accepted they help.

“What are you half tree? Why you so tall?” Junhong was a head taller then the guy, Junhong could easily rest his head on top of the guy's head.

“It’s called genetics.” Junhong answered as they made their way towards a small park. It wasn't really a park but people nowadays call anything with a patch of grass and a few benches a park.

“How's the weather up there?” The guy asked.

“Honestly? Kinda chilly.” Zombie dude started to laugh at the boy’s serious answer and Junhong found the sound absolutely wonderful. They finally reached the ‘park’, taking a seat on one of the graffiti covered benches. Junhong started to pull out the contents of the bag: 1 Dr.Pepper, 2 bags of dollar gummy candy (sour worms and peach rings), a bag of chips, and a slice of gas station pizza (which is actually pretty good for gas station food.)

“Wow, a feast fit for a king.” The guy ripped open the peach rings. He looked at the first ring before shoving it into Junhong’s mouth.

“What's your name anyways. I can't keep calling you ‘the guy’ or ‘zombie dude’.” Junhong asked after he nearly choked on the yummy peach candy.

“Zombie dude? Where did that even come from? And I thought calling you cutie pie in my head was bad.” Zombie dude rolled his eyes.

“What!? How is cutie pie any better than zombie dude?” Cutie pie was an overused nickname. Zombie dude was original… Kinda… Not really. “And you’re zombie dude because I found you pretending to be road kill.” Junhong crossed his arms and pouted, still not over the cutie pie name. Zombie dude laughed at the childish pout and Junhong melted right then and there.

“Agree to disagree. It's Youngjae.”

“Junhong.”

“Yeah I know.” Junhong looked at the other guy with wide eyes. Youngjae however kept munching on the chips oblivious to the other’s shocked face.

“H-how?” Was Youngjae a creepy stalker?

“You won that dance competition with your friend. I was the one controlling the lights.” Nope, they go to the same school. Junhong let out a sigh of relief.

“But you called me cutie pie?”

“Yeah, because you're a cutie pie.” Youngjae booped his nose and Junhong blushed with embarrassment. They continued to eat, lowkey swapping spit and indirect kisses whenever they shared the Dr.Pepper. Youngjae, being the gentleman he was, got up to throw the trash away. When he returned Youngjae held his hand out for the younger.

“It's pretty early in the morning, I'll walk you home.” Junhong smiled at the older, taking his hand. They walked towards Junhong’s house hand in hand until Junhong got bored of walking. He hopped onto his skateboard and made Youngjae pull him the rest of the way. They did the stereotypical, standing outside the door for a while before the other went inside thing.

“Oh, before I forget. Give me your phone.” Junhong handed Youngjae his phone and watched the older stick his tongue out as he tapped his contact info into the phone. Junhong walked inside his house when Youngjae finished, slowly closing the door with a soft ‘goodbye’ and ‘have a safe trip home’. The skater wasn't even 5 steps into his house when he received a text.

 

Zombie dude: Today after your last class

Zombie dude: meet me near the student parking

Zombie dude: we going on a real date

Zombie dude: My treat.

Zombie dude: Wear something with long sleeves

Me: Ok! See you then.

 

Junhong flopped down onto his bed looking at the messages again. He smiled before shoving his face into his pillow, squealing loudly and kicking his legs wildly. Someone (most likely Himchan) banged on the wall, a well known command to shut up. Junhong was buzzing with excitement that morning. If his housemates weren’t so tired they probably would've questioned him. Junhong bounced into the car when someone finally noticed him ting rainbows.

“Who are you and what have you done to our Junhong.” Jongup asked sitting next to him in the back middle seat. Since they all lived together, Yongguk said it would be easier to carpool but sadly Jongup was stuck sitting in the middle because he was the shortest.

“Can’t I be happy?” Junhong stopped buzzing to stare at his best friend.

“Not in the morning. None of us are ever morning people, it’s why we get along so well.” It was true, they all bonded over the fact mornings were the worst thing in the world but nothing could ruin today. Except maybe the armageddon. Their conversation was cut short when Himchan and Daehyun started to bicker like the old married couple they were. Yongguk looked ready to kick both of them out of the car but calmed down when Jongup placed a hand on his shoulder. Junhong always found it funny how different the two couples were compared to ‘normal couples’. HimDae were always fighting but at the same time really cared for each other. He remembered the day Daehyun came home with a busted lip and bruised knuckles because someone insulted Himchan. Bangup was the complete opposite. They didn’t talk much around people and weren’t into pda so most people were surprised they were dating but the glances they sent each other made it obvious they loved each other. Junhong hopped out of the car when Yongguk parked the car.

“Where are you going in such a hurry?” Daehyun asked. Everyone watched as Junhong ran off ignoring Daehyun’s question. Jongup felt everyone’s eyes on him when the youngest disappeared in the crowd.

“I don’t know why he’s so woke this morning but he’s really happy about something.” With that Jongup made his way to his first class.

 

CheeseCake: Why are you so happy today Junhong?

CheeseBurger: Can you be any more subtle?

Me: If you must know I have a date.

PoohBear: Really?

Tigger: Do we know this person?

Me: Probably not. It was my first time meeting him yesterday.

CheeseCake: Do you really have a date?

Me: I’ll have you know I can get a date.

PoohBear: Of course you can.

Me: I can read your sarcasm.

CheeseBurger: It’s not that we doubt you it’s just… You know.

Tigger: I believe in you.

Me: Thanks Yongguk hyung

Tigger: If it is true. I’ll need all his personal info

Me: HYUNG!

 

Junhong ignored his friends in favor taking notes and doodling in his notebooks. He was out the door before his professor ended the lecture. Junhong was bouncing on his feet waiting for Youngjae when his friends found him. They until a motorcycle drove up to them. Junhong watched as the rider removed his helmet to reveal Youngjae.   

“Hey!” Junhong ran up to the bike and hugged Youngjae.

“Here put this on and hop on.” Youngjae handed him a helmet. Junhong nervously clipped it and hopped onto the bike behind Youngjae. The older chuckled when he felt the death grip around his waist.

“No need to be so scared, nothings gonna happen, promise.” Junhong nodded but didn't lessen his hold on the older.

“How do you feel about Crème Brûlée?” Youngjae asks.

“What is that?” Junhong rests his head on the olders shoulder as they start to move.

“I have no idea!” Youngjae yells as his bike roars to live and they take off down the street to god know where. Junhong can't help but laugh at the older’s response. Well what's a date without a little bit of adventure. Junhong grinned as they zoomed down the roads.