Chapter 3

King Sejeong and Princess Hana
 
 
 
 
 
 

:: Reunite ::

 

“Hello?,” he said.

 

“Sejeong ah, it’s me, Hana noona,” Hana said with a trembling voice. Sejeong froze in his spot as his mind was still processing the voice of the person who called him just now.

 

“Ha… Hana noona?,” Sejeong stuttered, and he’s still in a state of disbelieve.

 

“Yes, it’s me Sejeong ah. The person who bumped into you in front of the Administration Office this afternoon,” Hana said.

 

“Oh my God!,” Sejeong exclaimed. “I know it’s you, noona. It’s just that, I wasn’t sure whether I was right or not because I only know your name by Shin Hana, not Shin Bora,” Sejeong replied.

 

“I know, right?,” Hana said with a chuckle. “Ya, I really want to meet you right now, but it’s already late. I will see you on tomorrow morning, how about that?,” she suggested.

 

“Do you want me to come and see you right now? I can borrow my friend’s motorbike. Text me your home address. I really want to see you right now, noona. I don’t think I can wait for tomorrow morning,” Sejeong said enthusiastically.

 

“It’s okay, Sejeong ah. I know you are tired. Just get a rest, and tomorrow we will going to have a long day to spend together,” Hana replied.

 

“Arasso, if you said so. Anyways, it’s good to know that finally I found you, noona. You just don’t know how I missed you since you moved to London. I really don’t have an idea on your whereabouts,” Sejeong said.

 

“Me too. I want to write a letter to you, but I know you were still small and couldn’t read at that time. So, time flies, and I didn’t realize that we have already grown up, and living in our own life. But, believe me when I say I never forget you, Sejeong ah. I tried to look for you but I didn’t know how. It turns out that today is our first encounter without we realized it,” Hana replied.

 

“Yeah, I was like that too, noona. But, thanks to our friends, we finally could meet each other after so many years. I can’t wait to see you on tomorrow,” Sejeong said.

 

“Me too. Alright, I have to hang up now. I still don’t have my dinner yet. Have you had your dinner?,” Hana asked.

 

“Chincha? Same here. I just had a shower, and was about to eat my dinner. Appa brought me food he cooked to the hostel,” Sejeong replied.

 

“So, it’s true that your appa is Mr. Baek Jongwon, right?,” Hana said.

 

“How did you know, noona?,” Sejeong asked as he was in surprised.

 

“My friend have an informer from our college. She got all the information from him, so, she’s the one who told me that Kim Sejeong whom I met in the registration day today was you,” Hana said as she smiled.

 

“Chincha?,” Sejeong replied while glancing at Nayoung who was still busy eating and acting nonchalant. He just shook his head and smiled.

 

“Yeah, your friend was right, noona. I have already thanked the informer here by sharing the food appa brought today. So, I don’t owe anything to him,” Sejeong purposely said loudly while staring at Nayoung. The latter just playfully showed his fist to him with a glare.

 

“Sejeong ah, I have to hang up now. Just send me your phone number later, okay?,” Hana replied.

 

“Arasso, noona. Thank you for calling me. I will see you on tomorrow. Good night!,” Sejeong said.

 

“Good night, Sejeong ah!,” Hana replied and ended the call. Sejeong then handed the phone back to Nayoung and sat next to him while gazing at the food on the desk.

 

“You know, when people said that if you keep on praying to God, and He will answer you, sooner or later, I don’t believe it at first,” Sejeong said.

 

“Ya, what are you talking about?,” Nayoung replied with his mouth still munching the food. Sejeong then smiled and side hugging his roommate. “Y-ya! What are you doing?,” he exclaimed while trying to pry Sejeong’s arm from him. Sejeong chuckled and patted on his arm.

 

“Thanks, buddy. I hope you and that Jung Mimi girl will become a great couple in the future,” Sejeong said while patting on his back, causing his friend almost choked with the food he ate just now.

 

COUGH! COUGH!

 

“Y-ya! What are you talking about?,” he cried.

 

“I know that Jung Mimi was interested in you, Kim Nayoung. Thanks to her, I finally found Hana noona. I can’t wait to see her again on tomorrow,” Sejeong said as he smiled.

 

“A-aniyo! She just want to be friends with me,” Nayoung replied as he quickly denied.

 

“Look who’s talking, huh? I know you like her too, right?,” Sejeong .

 

“Just shut up and eat your food, Kim Sejeong!,” Nayoung snapped at him. Sejeong laughed as he felt amused teasing him. He then started to eat the food while chatting on random things with his roommate.

 

 


 

 

The next morning

 

“This is weird,” Nayoung said as he just woke up and sat on his bed. He then watching Sejeong who was busy fixing his shirt in front of the mirror.

 

“What?,” Sejeong replied while glancing at Nayoung through the mirror.

 

“I thought you’re hardly to get up early for the rest of your life, but this morning, yeah, weird,” he said. Sejeong just smiled over his words, causing his roommate looked at him suspiciously. And then, something clicked on his mind, and he eventually giving him a smirk.

 

“Oh, I know. Someone just received a call from his long lost noona, and last night he was busy texting each other like there’s no tomorrow. So, today will be their reunite day, right?,” Nayoung said.

 

“Just so you know, I will be heading to the college first this morning. And, I have a good news for you too,” Sejeong replied.

 

“What?,” Nayoung asked in curious.

 

“Your “friend” Jung Mimi will be joining me and Hana noona for breakfast date this morning at our college cafe,” he informed while made fingers gesture for a “friend” word. “So, if you are late, then..,” Sejeong was about to continue his words when Nayoung suddenly hopped off his bed and sprinted to the bathroom. Sejeong burst into laughing, feeling amused teasing his friend.

 

 


 

 

Hana was patiently waiting for Sejeong at the bicycle parking rack of the college. They had promised to each other through text messages on last night to meet at the said place. She and Mimi arrived at the college earlier since Mimi drove her own car, but then she asked her to heading towards the cafe first.

 

She felt so nervous while waiting for Sejeong. While she was waiting, Soyee who happened to passing through the place then saw Hana was standing near the bicycle parking rack. He was about to go and greet her when suddenly he saw Hana was smiling at a familiar person who just arrived with his bicycle. After the person put his bicycle at the parking rack, Hana leaned forward and hugged the person.

 

“Jeongmal,” he mumbled as he looked at them in disbelief. “Yesterday he knocked the girl down, but, today the girl suddenly hug him. Who is Hana to you, Kim Sejeong?,” Soyee mumbled. He then saw Sejeong started talking to Hana while still hugging each other. He doesn’t know why, but he felt so jealous with them right now. He then proceeded to head towards the library with not-in-the-mood state.

 

“Ermm.. noona, is it okay me holding your hand while walking? Don’t you think people will look at us like we are a couple?,” Sejeong asked. He and Hana were walking hand in hand towards the cafeteria.

 

“I don’t care. They didn’t know about us, so, just let them be,” Hana casually replied. Sejeong gulped nervously when he saw other people were looking at them.

 

“Hana ya!,” Mimi called her while waving her hand at the latter. She was sitting at the table which a bit secluded with Nayoung next to her.

 

“Ya, are you two a couple now?,” Mimi asked while looking at their entwined hands. Sejeong quickly pulled his hand and smiled awkwardly towards the two. Nayoung looked at him with a sly smile.

 

“So, what’s wrong if we are a couple?,” Hana nonchalantly said. Mimi and Nayoung looked at each other before they turned towards the two who were taking their respective seats in front of them.

 

“Are you serious about this, Sejeong ah?,” Nayoung asked in curious. Sejeong looked rather perplexed, while Hana just maintained her poker face. She then suddenly burst into laughing, causing the three looked at her weirdly.

 

“Ya, why are you guys being so serious, huh? It’s not like I am going to date my own dongsaeng. Right, Sejeong?,” she said as she chuckled.

 

“Huh? Y-yeah, noona was right. How come we can date each other, right?,” Sejeong replied with a childish grin. Nayoung looked at him in disbelief, but he then just shrugged.

 

“Whatever. I’m hungry and I’m going to get my breakfast. You want to tag along?,” Nayoung said while he turned towards Mimi.

 

“Sure. Let’s go!,” Mimi replied. The two then left the table and heading towards the food counter.

 

“Noona, do you want to come with me to my home this weekend? Appa and eomma asked me to come home, and he’s going to cook for me and Nayoung,” Sejeong asked.

 

“Ermm.. let me ask my parents first, okay? I will let you know once I got permission from them,” Hana replied.

 

“Arasso. Ermm.. what do you want to have for breakfast? I will buy for you,” he asked.

 

“It’s okay, Sejeong ah. After the two return then we go and buy together, okay?,” Hana replied with a smile.

 

“Okay,” Sejeong said while glancing at Hana. She really have a beautiful smile. The smile that he’s familiar with since he was small. The smile that made him fall in love with on their first encounter. Somehow, it made his heart aches, to know that Hana will only look at him as a little brother.

 

“Alright. It’s your turn now, guys,” Nayoung said right after they returned to their table with food and drinks, and with Mimi.

 

“Let’s go,” Sejeong said as he got up first and waiting for Hana to got up from her seat. “After you, noona,” being a gentleman, Sejeong stood aside to let Hana walking first. Hana then waited for him to walk together towards the food counter. She wanted to grab Sejeong’s hand and walking hand in hand again like just now, but the term ‘noona’ and ‘dongsaeng’ has made her stopped from doing so, and retrieved her hand back.

 

“I know that you just treated me like a big sister to you. You just don’t know how I want to tell the whole world that you’re not only a little brother to me. You are someone that I dearly love, more than just a little brother, Sejeong ah,” Hana thought.

 

“Noona, just pick whatever you want to eat. It’s on me, okay?,” Sejeong said.

 

“Gwenchana, Sejeong ah. I can buy for myself,” Hana replied.

 

“I really mean it, though. Please,” Sejeong begged while making a sad face. Hana chuckled as she finally relented.

 

“Arasso,” she replied. She then stood next to Sejeong while looking at the food counter, and unconsciously holding Sejeong’s arm. Sejeong was surprised at first, but then he just acting nonchalant like nothing happened.

 

“Maybe she’s a little bit clingy, and likes to hold her friend’s hand or arm,” Sejeong thought. After they had done buying the food and drinks, they then returned to their table. The four of them started eating breakfast while chatting on random things.

 

 


 

 

After sending the girls towards their respective lecture room, Sejeong and Nayoung heading to the library as their lecture will start after lunch. They promised to the girls to meet again during lunch time.

 

“Sejeong ah,” Nayoung called him. They were walking to the library.

 

“Dae?,” Sejeong replied.

 

“Don’t you want to confess to Hana ssi that you like her?,” he asked. Sejeong was taken aback with Nayeong’s question at first, but then he let out a faint smile.

 

“Will she accept it? I don’t know how she feel about me, Nayoung ah. At this moment, I’m happy enough to be able to meet her again after so many years, and studying in the same college. I can be with her here at anytime I want. That will be more than enough,” he replied.

 

“I know you well, dude. Just a piece of advice, don’t wait until it’s too late,” Nayoung said. “She has a gorgeous look, and I could see those guys were eyeing on her,” he added.

 

“Like I said earlier, I’m happy enough to meet her again. If other guys fall in love with her and they have mutual feelings, who am I to interfere them, right?,” Sejeong said.

 

“Why are you sounding like a loser, dude? Don’t you want to fight for your love and happiness if other guys want to court her?,” Nayoung replied as he’s not satisfied with the latter’s answer.

 

“Why are you so emotional, dude? Relax, will you? We are just a second year student, and there’s a long way to go. Just focus on our studies first. Love can come later,” Sejeong positively said.

 

“Ne, ahjussi,” Nayoung replied sarcastically, earning a smack on his arm by the latter. The two then playfully hitting each other and they immediately stopped when the arrived in front of the library building.

 

 


 

 

“Do you have a class after this, noona?,” Sejeong asked. They were in a middle of having their lunch at the cafeteria.

 

“We have one after this until 4.30. After that we don’t have any,” Hana replied.

 

“You can go home and rest after that,” he said. Hana shook her head.

 

“No. We will wait until you two finished your class today. Then we can have our dinner together at the mall, how about that?,” Hana suggested.

 

“I’m sorry, noona. I have a vocal class from 5.00 to 6.00 p.m. Nayoung will have a basketball training, same time as mine,” Sejeong replied, while Nayoung nodded in agreement.

 

“Ya, Kim Nayoung! Why don’t you tell me you have a basketball training this afternoon?,” Mimi snapped at him.

 

“Do I have to tell everything to you? You’re not my girlfriend,” Nayoung sarcastically replied.

 

“Aishh.. This pabo!,” Mimi grunted annoyingly while slapping his arm. Sejeong and Hana looked at each other, and then burst into laughing.

 

“Ya! What are you two laughing at?,” Nayoung snapped at them.

 

“You two just date each other though, since both of you acted like one,” Sejeong replied.

 

“Aishh.. This brat!,” Nayoung playfully showed his fist to Sejeong, but they could see his ears turns red. Hana and Sejeong chuckled on his act. Mimi’s face flushed after being teased by the two.

 

“Can I join your vocal class? Noona and Mimi interested in singing too,” Hana asked. Sejeong smiled and nodded.

 

“But, you need to register first at the admin office. The staff will update your curriculum profile after that, and then you can join my class,” Sejeong informed.

 

“Chincha?,” Mimi asked. Sejeong nodded.

 

“Ya! Why I can’t join your vocal class, but you allowed them to join just like that?,” Nayoung asked in annoyed tone.

 

“Sorry, dude. Your training schedule clash with my vocal class schedule. I can’t help you on that,” Sejeong replied.

 

“Aishh..,” he groaned in frustration.

 

“Alright, let’s have a dinner together after the vocal class and your basketball training, how about that?,” Hana asked. Nayoung immediately showed his thumbs up, causing the rest laughing at his act.

 

“Yeokshi (I knew it), Kim Nayoung,” Sejeong said as he shook his head.

 

 


 

 

Sejeong informed Hana and Mimi that he needed to head to the vocal class first as to make an early preparation. He told them that the vocal teacher will be coming today, so that he needed to meet her first.

 

“A vocal teacher is ‘her’?,” she mumbled while heading towards the music hall with Mimi.

 

“Why? Are you jealous?,” Mimi asked with a smirk.

 

“Huh? Why would I need to be jealous on that?,” she quickly replied as she denied. Mimi just laughed at her as she knew her friend well. They then arrived in front of the music hall, and they could see some students already entering the hall.

 

“Let’s sit here,” Hana said. Both of them took their respective seats at the second last row of the seats. Hana then saw Sejeong was already standing at the rostrum on the stage with his eyes were glued on the paper in front of him. After the last student entered, Sejeong then began to speak.

 

“Thank you guys for your interest in joining this class. On behalf of the college, I would like to welcome you to this class today. I could see from the list here that there’s an addition of new students. So, welcome to our new student in this class,” Sejeong said, followed by the applause from the students. Hana smiled while staring at him. Sejeong was indeed a guy with many talents.

 

“Alright, without wasting our time, I would like to introduce you to our new vocal teacher for this semester. She’s the most well-known singer in Korea, and a person which I adore so much. Please welcome, Miss Ailee!,” Sejeong announced. The person then entered the stage, and the hall was roar with students’ cheers and applause.

 

“Thank you, Sejeong ssi, and thank you guys for being here. Before we can start our ice breaking session, me and Sejeong would like to present a duet song for you here. So, Sejeong ssi, can we start now?,” Ailee said while turned towards Sejeong. Sejeong nodded as he took the mic, and walked towards Ailee to stand beside her. Right after the background music being played, Sejeong then started to sing his part first, and then followed by Ailee. Hana felt overwhelmed and impressed with the singers sweet and professional voices, especially Sejeong. She never knew that he could sing this well.

 

The hall roared again with students’ cheers and applause, and some of them giving their standing ovation including Hana and Mimi as they were impressed and enjoyed with the performance. Ailee and Sejeong couldn’t stop smiling, and Ailee suddenly grabs Sejeong’s hand, and both of them bowed to the audience.

 

“What the..,” Hana mumbled in annoyed tone. She felt a slight jealous when Sejeong just let his hand being entwined with Ailee's hand. After the hall become calming back, Ailee then began the ice breaking session.

 

“Ya, are you okay?,” Mimi asked as she noticed Hana was quiet after the performance.

 

“Huh? I’m okay. Why?,” she nonchalantly replied.

 

“I thought you want to comment on their performance,” Mimi said while looking at the latter.

 

“I don’t have to comment anything, though. Their performance are good,” she replied. Mimi just smirked on her answer.

 

“Don’t tell me you’re jealous when Ailee ssi holding Sejeong’s hand?,” Mimi tried to guess.

 

“Ya! What are you talking about?,” she snapped at her. Mimi just chuckled on her reaction. She knew her friend well. Hana used to dating an English guy back when they were in their first year of the college in London, and she’s an easily jealous type of girl. She will acting like that whenever her ex-boyfriend were talking to other girls, and that’s the reason why they were eventually broke up.

 

“Am I?,” she thought. She do feel jealous when other girl tried to get close to Sejeong, just like when she saw a young girl hugged him at the cafeteria yesterday. Although she didn’t have any slightest idea that it was Kim Sejeong whom she was looking for all this while at that time.

 

“Anyway, who’s the girl at the cafeteria that hugged Sejeong on yesterday?,” Hana suddenly asked.

 

“Nayoung told me that’s his little cousin,” Mimi replied.

 

“He has a cousin here?,” Hana asked.

 

“Nayoung just found out about it on yesterday too. Sejeong never told him before about his cousin,” Mimi replied. “Hana ya, just admit that you love him. You won’t feel calm if you keep on wondering like this,” Mimi gave her a piece of her mind.

 

“If I do so then, will he feel the same?,” she thought.