Chapter 2

King Sejeong and Princess Hana
 
 
 
 
 
 

“Kim Sejeong?,” Hana’s eyes widened in surprise to see the person that she got bumped into.

 

“Miss Shin?,” Sejeong said. “Err.. c-can you please get up first? My back is kind of, h-hurt you know,” he said with his face scrunched in pain.

 

“Omo! Sorry!,” Hana quickly got up from the floor, and she grabbed Sejeong’s arm as she slowly pulled him to get up.

 

“Gwenchana?,” she asked worriedly. Sejeong just shook his head and smiled.

 

“I’m okay, Miss Shin,” he replied.

 

“Aishh.. Stop calling me by that. I feel too old, you know,” she said in annoyed tone.

 

“Hehe.. mianhae!,” Sejeong apologized as he chuckled. “Erm.. what should I call you then?,” he asked.

 

“Just call me Hana. It’s my nickname,” she replied. Sejeong raised his brows in surprise the moment he heard the name.

 

“W-wait, could it be? No way! Ermm.. did you..,” Sejeong was about to continue asking her when suddenly his phone ringing non-stop. He fished his phone from the pants pocket, and immediately looked at the screen. “Omo! Excuse me, Miss Sh.. err.. Hana ssi.. I need to take this call and then going back to the hostel. Sorry once again, and I’ll see you later!,” Sejeong hurriedly speaking to her and quickly picked up his backpack on the floor before he left the girl dumbfounded.

 

“What the?,” Hana mumbles annoyingly. “He seems like want to ask me on something, and I wonder what is it. Urghh.. That brat!,” she grumbled while squatted down and started to gather all the documents from her folder that fell down on the floor just now.

 

“Can I help you?,” a voice suddenly being heard, causing Hana startled and immediately turned to look at the source of the voice. A tall and handsome guy was standing at her back, and smiled warmly at her.

 

“Err.. it’s okay,” Hana replied as she quickly gathered the documents and put it back inside her folder. The tall guy then extended his hand, offering a help for her to get up from the floor. Hana was hesitant at first, but the guy patiently waiting until Hana finally gave up and grabbed his hand.

 

“Thank you,” she thanked him and immediately released her hand from his.

 

“No problem,” he replied as he smiled. “Are you a new student here?,” he then asked.

 

“Yeah,” Hana replied and shook her head.

 

“I see,” he said. He then extended his hand again. “I’m Jang Sojin, but you can call me Soyee,” he introduced himself.

 

“I’m Shin Bora. You can call me Hana,” she replied while shaking hands with the latter.

 

“Ah, you have your nickname too,” he said as he nodded.

 

“Yeah,” Hana replied and smiled sheepishly. She then withdrew her hand and holding the folder tight.

 

“I saw that Sejeong kid bumped into you just now. Are you okay?,” he asked in concern.

 

“Yeah, I’m okay,” she replied. “Sorry, I need to go to the admin office. Thank you, Soyee ssi,” she said as she bowed and started walking towards the administration office. Soyee was about to reply to her, but he just watching her walking until she disappeared from his sight.

 

“You’re welcome, beautiful,” he mumbled with a smile.

 

 


 

 

“Appaaa!,” Sejeong called his father right after he parked his bicycle in front of the hostel building. He then rushed to the bench where his father was waiting.

 

“Ya, Kim Sejeong! Can’t you just walking? You will fall later, pabo ya!,” Mr. Baek said.

 

Mr. Baek was Sejeong’s stepfather, but he regarded him as his real father as he has been married to his mother since he was a year old. His real father has already passed away because of a road accident. Mr. Baek was a professional chef, and also a restaurateur. He’s the owner of the famous Korean chain of restaurants around Seoul, and a widower when he married to his mother who happened to work as his staff at one of his restaurants. He doesn’t have a child from his previous marriage, so he has treated and love Sejeong like his own child.

 

“Mianhae appa for making you waiting. Me and Nayoung have to assist the administrative department for new students registration today,” he said while removing his bike helmet, and put it on the bench.

 

“Aigoo.. No need to apologize, though. Your eomma has already told me beforehand. Here,” he replied and handed the paper bag to Sejeong.

 

“Gomawo, appa. I really miss your cooking,” he thanked him with a childish grin. Mr. Baek smiled on his antics.

 

“Do visit us whenever you have free time, arasso?,” he said.

 

“Yes, Chef nim!,” Sejeong replied while playfully saluted him. Mr. Baek just chuckled.

 

“Share the food with Nayeong, arasso?,” he said.

 

“Dae, appa,” Sejeong replied.

 

“Sejeong ah, don’t you want..,” Mr. Baek was about to continue his words when Sejeong immediately cut him off. He’s already knew on what his father wanted to say.

 

“It’s okay, appa. I’m comfortable riding my bicycle, and taking a bus or taxi to home. I have told you and eomma that I want to be independent, right?,” Sejeong replied with a smile. Mr. Baek couldn’t help but to smile on his words. That what makes he love his stepson more. Sejeong was really a good son, and he doesn’t want to be pampered although he could afford to drive an imported expensive car or motorbike to the college. He love to live in modesty.

 

“Did you really use the card that I gave you last time? My accountant said you didn’t spend any from it,” Mr. Baek asked.

 

“I have a part-time job as an assistant vocal trainer in singing club, appa. That would be more than enough. I will use it whenever I want to buy books for revision later,” he replied. Mr. Baek just shook his head while smiling. He then leaned forward to hug his son.

 

“Appa loves you, you know that, right?,” he said while patted on Sejeong’s back.

 

“I love you too, appa. Please take a good care of your health. You worked so hard lately,” Sejeong replied as he pulled off the hug, and nagged at his father.

 

“Don’t worry much. Your eomma always make sure to cook a healthy food for me. I work hard just for your eomma and you, son. You’re going to be my heirs someday,” he earnestly said.

 

“How am I going to be your heirs when I don’t know much about food, and I can’t cook well like you, appa?,” Sejeong replied. Mr. Baek chuckled on his words as he found it funny.

 

“You don’t have to become a chef to run a business, son. Just enough to learn about business management like the course you are taking right now. So, in future you can manage my business when I retire later,” he said.

 

“Dae, appa. I will help you after I successfully graduated from here. Don’t worry too much, arasso?,” Sejeong replied. Mr. Baek smiled and patted on his son’s shoulder as he felt so proud of him.

 

“Alright, I need to go now and fetch your eomma at the restaurant. She always nagged at me to force you to come home during weekend. Just come home once, arasso?,” Mr. Baek said.

 

“Dae, appa. Tell eomma I will come home this weekend. I will bring Nayoung too since he couldn’t go back to his home during weekend. His parents have to go back to their hometown to visit his grandparents,” Sejeong replied.

 

“Chincha? Arasso. Appa will cook for you two this weekend,” he said as he got up from the bench.

 

“Gomawo, appa. Nayoung will be excited to know this. He’s your fans, you know,” Sejeong replied while leaning forward to hug his father for the last time. Mr. Baek laughed after hearing his words.

 

“Aigoo.. Send my regards to him. Alright, appa have to go now. Study smart, and don’t work too hard, arasso? Watch out your health too,” Mr. Baek reminded him.

 

“Ne, appa,” Sejeong replied while walking him towards the car where the driver has been waiting for him.

 

“Drive carefully, Uncle Song,” Sejeong said to the driver. Mr. Song nodded and smiled before he closed the door for Mr. Baek, and rushed towards the driver’s side. Sejeong waved his hand at his father before heading back to his bicycle and put the paper bag on the bike’s handle. He pushed his bicycle to the bicycle parking rack and locked the rim. He then took the paper bag and walking towards the elevator.

 

 


 

 

“Hana ya,” Mrs. Shin called her daughter from downstairs. Hana just took her shower after she went back from the registration at her new college. Her mother decided to order takeaways since she didn’t have a time to cook for dinner.

 

“Dae,” she replied while drying her wet hair with a towel.

 

“Come out and eat your dinner,” her mother said.

 

“Ten minutes, eomma. I need to dry my hair first,” Hana replied.

 

“Arasso,” her mother said. Hana then proceeded to dry her hair using a hairdryer. While she was doing so, she saw her phone’s light was blinking, indicating that she received an incoming text.

 

From: Jung Mimi

 

Bora, Bora Miss Bora!

 

Guess what?

 

Hana furrowed her brows while reading the text message. “What?,” she mumbles. She then type the same word and replied the text to Mimi.

 

From: Shin Bora

 

What??

 

Seconds later, she received another text message from Mimi.

 

From: Jung Mimi

 

An informer told me that he saw Kim Sejeong met his father at the hostel. His father came to the hostel with a luxury car and a driver!

 

“Huh? What is she talking about?,” Hana mumbles again. She then press the number three button and Mimi’s phone number appeared as she was calling her.

 

“Ya! Jung Mimi! What are you talking about? And since when you have an informer at the college, huh?,” Hana asked her in curious. Mimi burst out into laughing.

 

“Calm down, Shin Bora ssi, calm down! I’m sure you’re curious to know about this Kim Sejeong guy, right? You told me last time that you’re looking for your old friend who happened to have the same name as he’s,” Mimi replied.

 

“Yeah, I know. But, it doesn’t mean that he’s the same Kim Sejeong that I’ve been looking for,” Hana said.

 

“Alright, if you say so, but, have this name ever clicked on your mind? Baek Jongwon?,” Mimi asked.

 

“Baek Jongwon?,” she mumbles the name many times, trying to recall the name. “Aishh.. I don’t remember. I will ask my eomma later,” Hana replied.

 

“Just for your early info, Mr. Baek is Sejeong’s stepfather,” Mimi said.

 

“Sejeong’s stepfather?,” Hana replied while furrowing her brows. “Ya, Jung Mimi! Did you make friends with that Kim Nayoung? Only he knew about Sejeong,” Hana asked. Mimi just laughed at her question, causing her felt really annoyed. She was about to continue asking her when suddenly she heard her mother called her.

 

“Ya, I will call you later. Eomma called me to have a dinner. Bye!,” she said as she hung up. She then rushing combing her hair and sprinted out of her room to downstairs.

 

“Eomma, can I ask you on something?,” Hana said as she sat down on the chair at the dining room.

 

“What is it, dear?,” Mrs. Shin replied while placing the jajangmyeon’s bowl in front of her daughter.

 

“Do you know Mr. Baek Jongwon?,” she asked.

 

“Baek Jongwon? Our old neighbour, you mean?,” Mr. Shin suddenly interrupted. Hana was surprised with his father’s words.

 

“You know him, appa?,” Hana asked enthusiastically.

 

“Of course, we know, dear. He’s our old neighbour before we moved to London. He has a son named Sejeong if I’m not mistaken. He often played with you when you two were small. I wonder whether they are still staying at the same old place, or they have already moved to elsewhere,” Mrs. Shin replied. Hana cupped as she was shocked with the info she heard from her mother just now.

 

“Oh, my God!,” Hana exclaimed. Her parents looked at her weirdly.

 

“What’s wrong?,” Mrs. Shin asked.

 

“Is his name Kim Sejeong?,” Hana asked her mother again.

 

“Ermm.. yeah, I guess. But, why?,” Mrs. Shin replied. Hana then immediately got up from her seat, and sprinted to her room.

 

“Ya! Shin Bora! Where are you going? Aishh.. This kid!,” Mrs. Shin exclaimed as she grunted.

 

 


 

 

Come on, come on! Pick up the call you brat!,” Hana mumbles while tried dialing Mimi’s phone number many times. After several attempts, finally the latter picked up her call.

 

“Ya! I was in a bathroom, though! What is it so important until you missed call me about ten times?,” Mimi asked in annoyed tone.

 

“Mimi ya, he’s the Kim Sejeong that I’ve been looking for all this while,” Hana said with her voice trembling.

 

“What?,”

 

 


 

 

“Oh my God!, Dude, I love your father!,” Nayoung said while munching the food which Mr. Baek brought for them. Sejeong looked at him weirdly.

 

“Ya! My father already have my mother, though! Go find someone else for you to love,” Sejeong playfully said to his roommate.

 

“You want me to finish all these food without leaving any for you?,” Nayoung blackmailed him in annoyed tone, causing the latter burst out laughing. He just took his shower when Nayoung started eating the food. He asked Nayoung to eat first without waiting for him.

 

“Aiguu.. This greedy cat! Ya, appa said he will cook for you if you come to my house this weekend,” Sejeong said. Nayoung’s eyes lit up right after he heard the latter’s words.

 

“Chinca! Assa!,” Nayoung pumped his fist to the air and grinned happily. He was about to continue eating when suddenly his phone was ringing non-stop. He groaned before he took his phone, and looked at the screen. He furrowed his brows when an unfamiliar phone number appeared on the screen. “Who’s this?,” he mumbles, but immediately answered the call.

 

“Hello?,” he answered.

 

“Nayoung ssi. This is me, Shin Bora, Jung Mimi’s friend. I’m sorry for calling you at this time, but is Kim Sejeong ssi with you right now?,” the caller, Hana said.

 

“Bora ssi? Ermm.. y-yeah, Sejeong is with me right now. What is it, Bora ssi?,” Nayoung replied in curious.

 

“Can you please pass your phone to him? I want to talk to him, urgent,” Hana urged him.

 

“Urgent? Ermm.. y-yeah, sure. Hold on,” Nayoung replied as he quickly called Sejeong.

 

“Sejeong ah, someone wants to talk to you, palli!,” Nayoung shouted. Sejeong was in the bathroom, wearing his shirt. He immediately went out of the bathroom, and walked towards Nayoung.

 

“Who?,” he mouthed as he took the phone from Nayoung’s hand.

 

“Shin Bora,” Nayoung mouthed to him back. Sejeong’s eyes widened in surprise as he was clueless. He then just answered the call.

 

“Hello?,” he said.

 

“Sejeong ah, it’s me, Hana noona,” Hana said with a trembling voice. Sejeong froze in his spot as his mind was still processing the voice of the person who called him just now.

 

“Ha… Hana noona?,”