Minor Character

Turn the Page
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene's POV

If I were to describe myself as a character in a book, I'd be a side character, a background character, a minor character. Why? Because you don't have to be in the spotlight, I can do anything I wanted without people caring about me, I don't get the useless drama that others die to have. I get to observe others and join in the crowd (without actually being part of it). Most of all I get to admire the main character from afar.

And the main character just had to be Seulgi.

I'd been classmates with her since pre-school but I never got the chance to talk with her or interact with her. I didn't mind it though, seeing her smile and laugh made me happy. But she was always seen with Jisoo, I'd get jealous whenever they were together because only Jisoo could bring out the amazing smile of Seulgi. Whenever I saw Seulgi, Jisoo was always with her.

I was going to the same highschool with her but I got into a car accident. Never read a book while crossing the streets (stupid me), a car came my way when I was walking (not entirely my fault though it was a red light, the car should've stoppped).But no use in complaining because what's done is done and I'm now stuck in the hospital.

I ended getting hurt really bad, the hit from the car caused my ribs and rib cage to break thus affecting my heart causing it major problems. Not only that, when I landed after getting hit I landed pretty hard on my head causing coticcal blindless, and I lost my sight. The blindless wasn't the main problem, it was my heart. Because now I needed an artificial heart to keep me alive.The doctors told me it was best to stay in the hospital because the heart could malfunction or stop working anytime, plus with my blindless I couldn't go anywhere.

It's been a year since the accident when I was told by my doctor someone had volunteered to help me, I pitied her/him because I do almost nothing in my room besides reading books in braille. But when a voice spoke to me one day, I knew that I wouldn't just be reading books anymore. Because Seulgi was the one who was going to assisst me.

She greeted me and I had nowhere to look, I couldn't see her. All I could do was follow her voice, "Nice to meet you......" she pauses for awhile "Bae Irene." By her tone I knew it, she doesn't know me, even if a little part of me wished she did, I knew i was hoping for nothing. I told her about my blindness and that seemes to release an awkward atmosphere so i asked her a question. "Would you like to read me a book?"

She reads me 'The Little Prince', my favourite book, but I stop her from reading the next chapter. Call me weird but I felt like is she finished reading to me my chapter with her would end and she'd leave. So I wanted her to ponder on why she's only reading the first two pages of the book. I stand up to walk because I don't want Seulgi to be in the room for too long, it gets boring in here. Before we leave she asks if I'm afraid of growing up, I'm not afraid of that. Instead I'm afraid I won't get the chance to, but I don't tell Seulgi that instead I answer something I would've said if I had a chance in life.

 

Once Seulgi leaves she drops me back into my room. I grab a book under my bed (the first book I found) and start practicing my braille. I love books, like really really love them (love them so much it hurt me literally) so of course I learned really hard to read braille but with no such luck I'm bad at it. Listening to clock ticking, a knock on the door was heard.

"Come in." I said already knowing who it was.

"Sorry I'm late again." A girl with nice brown hair and a lovely smile enters, it was Jisoo. I grin at her arrival, every late afternoon Jisoo would visit me to teach me braille and every afternoon she'd be late.

"You're lucky I wait for you." I , Jisoo was a great friend it's just that she has bad arriving on time. We'd talk for ours and laugh till we couldn't breath.

Even with my minor character aura Jisoo took notice of me during midde school. She'd hang out with me and me being persisitent ignored her, well:for reasons:

(1) She's the girl Seulgi likes

(2) She's a main character, she's going to make my life complex

(3) Lastly, I'm boring what does she want with me?

But at the end of the year webecame friends, good friends; however, I didn't hang out with Jisoo's friends. They all gave the important character vibes, not to mention one of the friends was Seulgi. One day, me and Jisoo planned to hang out. I waited at the cafe that we loved so much an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter