Reality Within My Dreams

Us Within My Dreams

“I’m very sorry. I didn’t know” “Don’t say that, it’s my fault for not telling you” they became silent but a sudden question appeared on Wonpil’s thoughts “I.. do you regret meeting me?”

“No, never. How could I? You’re the best thing that has happened in my life.”

“Even if I broke your heart?”

“Yes” Younghyun said it with confidence. He did not even hesitated for a bit. Why would he? How could it be? Even if it hurts, he is the person he chose. Wonpil is the person Younghyun loves. Why would you think that way?

Wonpil’s surprise on his answer, he wasn’t expecting this. Actually, he thought Younghyun would hate him and punch him in the face if they meet again. Maybe even if they dated for two years and lived together for a year Wonpil still don’t fully know Younghyun but Younghyun’s word just proves that he chose the right person to love. Younghyun spoke.

“Actually I went to your house after reading your note but why didn’t they said anything?”

“Because I asked them to ignore everything you say, not to tell you the truth. Father was with me at that time so it won’t be an issue, everyone was okay with our relationship except for father.” He showed a bitter smile. Tears starts to form on his face again. Younghyun caught the sadness on his eyes and he feels sorry to say anything more but there is still one question that he needs to ask, one thing that he is always curious.

“Then, why didn’t you told me the night before you leave?”

“Hmm.. It’s actually an excuse. An excuse to meet you again, I was thinking if I don’t tell you at that moment you will want to meet me and ask the reason why I left without saying anything and I will find a reason to see you again. Isn’t it a great plan? Look.. I’m here” Wonpil said in a cute and proud way but there are sadness in his smile. Younghyun’s heart breaks, why did they have to suffer so much?

“But I could always wait for you” Wonpil shakes his head.

“I can’t let you wait because I can’t promise you anything. I didn’t know father’s plans, what if he plans on letting me stay there? Then I won’t really see you again.” He paused. “I was immature, I was scared that I might not be able to live without their care so I can’t fight back then but now I know, I am sure.” He can feel the regrets and assurance in his voice as they look at each other. When Younghyun cries, probably Wonpil was crying too, maybe they were always the same. Younghyun is not the only one who suffered but Wonpil did too.

“I don’t know if this is the last question but can I hug you?” Younghyun asked. Wonpil silently moved closer to Younghyun so it would be easy to reach him. He slowly wrapped his arms around him, feeling that familiar scent. They hugged each other and stayed there for a long moment, tears falling from their eyes.

“I really missed you, I really did” Wonpil convincing Younghyun.

“I know, I’m sorry for not knowing anything. I miss you too, I missed you so much” Their hug became tighter, the longing was too much and their feelings for one another became stronger, they know their feelings for each other did not change and they are proud of that. They are so glad to have dreamt of something that would bring them both in the reality but that happiness needs to be cut shorter for now.

Wonpil broke the hug and stared lovingly to the other, the lovely stare that Younghyun missed, the look he has been longing for. “I have to go home, my cousins are waiting for me and it’s getting late” Younghyun looked at the surrounding, he just realized that its already dark and moon has already set. He felt sad.

“Hyung, do you still love me?” He broke the momentum of Younghyun.

“Of course, I love you” He answered without faltering

“Then, will you date me again after a week?”

“Why a week?” He ignored Younghyun’s question and asked again

“Didn’t you graduate already?”

“You’re not answering my questions again” He tried to resist Wonpil’s charms but he just can’t with those lovely eyes. “Yes I did, have you forgotten already that we are a year apart?”

“Great, I’ll be graduating this week. I’ll be back after my graduation so wait for me okay?”

“Wait, what?! Why did you came here and didn’t wait for a week?” He frowned

“I actually tried but I can’t help it so I ran away from home because I promised you that we will go here. You told me that on my dream.” Wonpil acted proud making Younghyun smile but what? He ran away?

“You ran away? It was just a dream, why? You’ll be in trouble with your dad.”

“It might just be a mere dream for you but it was important for me and look at me now, I am here with you.” Wonpil held his hand. “They found out I ran away so I received a text from my mother to go to my cousins home when I reach the country so don’t worry, its okay and I already found a way to go back to you” He talked as if it didn't matter. Younghyun held his hand tighter.

“Then, I’ll take you home. May I do that?” Wonpil smiled like sunshine before answering.

“Yes you may”

 

They intertwined their hands talking about everything they did during the past year, everything they missed at one another. They rode the car and continued chatting just like they always do until they reach the front of Wonpil’s house.

“We’re here” Younghyun said in disappointment. Wonpil held his hand

“Its okay” he smiled and grab Younghyun into a hug, Wonpil’s arms on his neck and the other on his waist before Wonpil said “I love you too, I really do. Thank you for coming on the park”

He broke the hug, cupped his cheeks and laid a kiss on his forehead “Wait for me after a week okay?” Younghyun nodded

“Okay, see you again” Before Wonpil could leave he held his arm tightly, Wonpil looked at Younghyun.

“This is not a dream right?” He looked anxious but Wonpil assured him “This. is. real, and even if this is a dream, I’ll meet you a week later okay? So you have to come as well. You can wait for me on the airport. I’ll text you.”

“Do you know my phone number?”

“You never changed your number. I called you the other day.”

“It was you? Why didn’t you say anything?”

“I can’t. How could I?”

 

Tears started to well again as Younghyun watch his lover walk inside his house. He’s just afraid because what if he is dreaming again and the reality is they never really met. What if nothing has happened and no promises are made? Wonpil looked back and waved his hand on him and so he did as well, then he continued to watch him until he went inside before starting the car. Right, I’m not dreaming. This is all real. This is our reality. He convinced himself.