Stuck

Don't Give Up

The dance studio was quiet when you entered. You settle your things down and move closer to the mirror, leaning your palm and forehead on it. This was a form of meditation to you. You stare at your own reflection on the mirror and re-assess yourself. 


The past days have been hard what with all the frustration piling up. Not adapting to a new dance style quickly, not rising up to expectations from people around you. Disappointing people like Mr. Taemin and even yourself. Who else wouldn’t be disappointed with a disaster like you?


Mina wouldn’t.


A voice in your head says and you smirk. You wonder if Mina was disappointed in you too. Having been forced to be partnered with the most unskilled dancer. You start to think how different it would be if you had took those dancing lessons when you were younger instead of rebelling against everyone. Would you have become as good as Mina? That would be unlikely, no matter what you did, you don’t think you could ever reach her level.


Mina was unreachable, she was a bright star while you were a shooting star, burning and falling from the sky instead. 


“Whatever you’re thinking, stop it.” Someone says breaking the silence of the room.


You snap your head to the voice and start to panic when you see Mina by the door. You’re startled and don’t even dare to move but flinch when Mina starts walking closer to you and stands right in front of you.


She’s too close. “Y-you’re late Mina.” You stutter. She promised to help you out with dancing today and in all honesty Mina was on time, you were the one early but you couldn’t think of anything else to say with your proximity right now.


As if you two weren’t close enough anymore, Mina places her other hand on the mirror right beside your head and you’re pushed even further into the mirror effectively trapped.


“Momo, tell me what you were thinking just then?”


“Wh-what do you mean? I wasn’t thinking anything.” You try to make an excuse.


Mina’s face softens. “I could see it in your face Hirai, it’s the same one I make when I beat myself up.”


It’s getting a bit harder to breathe right now and Mina’s face right in front of you doesn’t help things so you look away from her gaze. 


“I-“ You swallow. “You’re too close right now Mina.” 


It was like Mina finally realized how close you two were and her eyes widen before she moves away finally letting you breathe properly. 


“S-sorry about that.” 


“It’s okay.” You sigh, Mina totally caught you. “You beat yourself up too?” You decide to ask her instead.


She then laughs bitterly. “Every now and then.”


You nod completely understanding her. You two shared something similar, the drive to always get better. “I get it, never getting satisfied, like you’re great but you could still do better.” You admit.


“It’s pretty self-destructing at times though. I’m sorry for cornering you earlier. I was just worried.”


Your chest tightens at her admission. Somehow hearing Mina say she was worried did a number on you. “It’s okay. I’m okay, I promise.” You try to smile but you know it came out forced. “Let’s start over. Mina hey!”


Mina chuckles then, this was something you were good at, cheering everyone else up aside from yourself. 


“Hey Momo. Want to start practice?”


“Definitely.” This time, you’re able to grin widely.


--


“Okay let’s see you dance.” Mina instructs and plays the music of the intro.


You automatically move with the beat and dance the choreography as best as you could. The music abruptly stops and you pause as well. You turn to Mina and expected a look of disapproval just like Mr. Taemin but she didn’t look that way at all. Mina comes closer then. 


“You’re too liberal with your movements, while it does bring out the reckless trait of your character, you have to tighten them up for the sake of form.”


“Mr. Taemin told me that too, alright I’ll try again.”


But nothing changed when you did it again. The results were pretty much the same.


“You got the choreography down but the precision isn’t there. You need to finish every extension before moving on the next step or else the transitions will look muddled.”


“Isn’t that what I was doing?”


“No.” Mina says so matter-of-factly. “Don’t rush, you can take your time so don’t get frustrated. You can focus on finishing your extensions first. Focus on that one thing and finish what you start.”


You do what Mina asked of you keeping in mind her notes. You remember to fully finish one step before moving on to the next.


“Better, you’re doing as I told you.” Mina then goes behind you. “Now you need to pull yourself in and keep your hips beneath you.” She places her hand on your abdomen. “Feel that?”


You silently nod still processing the warmth of her hand on your body that was somehow spreading to your face as well.


“You’re going to pull in here and push through that toe.” She says beside your ear.


You nodded again but this time while looking at the mirror, your eyes on Mina not breaking contact. A simple gesture was making your head go overdrive and into dangerous places. How was she able to do that with just a simple touch? 


Somehow sensing the shift of the mood, Mina finally moves away and you have to keep a whimper in with the warmth disappearing from your back. 


“Do it again.”


And so you did. You danced and spun following Mina’s instructions remembering her lingering touch and making sure to pull from your stomach and extend to your toe.


“How was that?”


Mina took a moment before answering. “B-beautiful actually.” She recovers right away and adds. “Let’s move on, there’s more to cover.”


You grin finally more excited to learn more. You two spend a good two hours practicing and even though Mina was teaching you the basics, it was more than you could learn from anyone else. Apparently Mina had list of all the things you were doing wrong but you didn’t mind. You were keen on learning anyway.


Mina mostly told you almost exactly the same notes that Mr. Taemin gave you but somehow it was different with her. Like it made more sense and it wasn’t frustrating anymore. You’re definitely not in the professional level but if you worked on these every day then you were confident you could improve before opening night.


“Are you good to try the whole thing together?” Mina asks nonchalantly.


“But we haven’t even practiced it together with Mr. Taemin yet.” It was true, he taught your individual choreos first but you two haven’t danced it together yet.


Mina just shrugs. “I think we’re ready.”


“Okay, okay let’s do it.”


The music began and you two leapt into motion. It felt different, dancing side by side. It was like you two were in perfect harmony and it wasn’t a solo anymore. This was the duet, your character being the over-dominant one and Mina as the soft and innocent.


You could see the flashes of emotion. The give and take between you and Mina. Was this the same dance Mr. Taemin taught? It felt other worldly as you two danced in sync with each other.


The dance ends and you’re both panting. “You did great.” Mina compliments you.


“Th-thanks. You really dance beautifully Mina.” She smiles brightly at you and this was a different one from all her other smiles. Her gums were showing and her eyes scrunched tighter. It was so beautiful, everything about Mina was beautiful.


“Thank you Momo.”


“Have you ever thought of teaching?”


“Not really, why?” 


“I think you’d be really great at it. You’re direct and clear but at the same time you’re really patient and I’ll be honest that surprised me.”


Mina chuckles. “Why do you say that?”


“You’re wound up pretty tight Myoui.”


“Okay yeah I can attest to that. I guess I’m just really hard on myself because of high expectations but I don’t want others to fail you know. I want to you be good actually.”


“You just want to be better.” You playfully nudge her shoulder.


“Who doesn’t?”


--


The walk back to the dorms was a quiet but comfortable one. 


“Thanks for walking me back.” Mina bites her lip then. “And for carrying me back here the other night.”


You’re blushing now. “I didn’t think you’d remember.”


Mina shrugs. “Sana told me. But really, I appreciate it.”


“No problem. Besides that’s still not enough for the free lessons you gave me today.”


“I already told you, it’s for the both of us.”


“Right, right, so I won’t make you look bad.”


“But I can’t ever look bad anyway.”


You scoff. “I prefer the humble Myoui. Please bring her back.”


“You’re going to have to accept both sides of me if you want to stay in the game Hirai.” She challenges.


“Okay, fine I’ll take you up on that.” You chuckle. “I’ll see you tomorrow then.”


Mina nods and waves. “Take care Momo.”


Whatever game this was you two were playing, you definitely wanted to stay.

 

//

 

“Sana come on we’re going to be late and this was your idea in the first place.” Mina shouted from outside the bathroom.


“Almost done!” You shout back while applying the lip gloss and you take a final look at yourself in the mirror. The make-up was natural and your dress wasn’t too fancy and not drag at the same time, it was perfect for tonight.


You smile to yourself. This oddly felt like you were preparing for a first date but hell it wasn’t even a date at all. It was the night of Dahyun’s performance and maybe you just wanted to impress her a little. You finally admitted that last bit to yourself forty minutes ago when you were berating yourself for overdressing and thinking too hard about the situation.


“It’s just a performance Sana”. You tell yourself. A performance with a really cute pianist on stage that is. You pinch your cheeks at that last thought and leave the bathroom.


“Let’s go!” You cheerily say and Mina just grumbles and walks out the door with you.


--


You and Mina arrive just in time and move to your designated seat. This wasn’t the first classical music performance you’ve watched but something was different. You were b with excitement especially as the main performance of the night was approaching. A piano concerto featuring piano prodigy Kim Dahyun.


Turns out Dahyun has been playing piano since age three and was dubbed as the modern Mozart (yes you did your research). She was starting to get known internationally and you were honestly amazed by her. You knew how much she practiced every day, she didn’t get to where she was without hard work and that was just so inspiring.


But you knew deep down that wasn’t everything to Dahyun. She wasn’t just a great pianist, there was so much more beneath all that and you find yourself wanting to know every detail about her. How a single girl grabbed your attention this much you don’t know how. But it was refreshing and you just find yourself getting drawn more and more into the fire that is Kim Dahyun.


The break was over and the lights dim except for the stage. The orchestra was already seated and a boisterous round of applause starts as Dahyun walks onto the stage and gives a bow. She was in a beautiful gold sequin form fitting gown with her hair intricately fixed and flowing on her left shoulder. You swear you’ve never seen a woman as beautiful as Dahyun right now. 


“She looks beautiful.” You hear Mina say beside you but you could only nod as you were still a little struck by how incredible she looks.


The conductor then enters and everyone sets their instruments. You watch as Dahyun closes her eyes before opening them again to look at the conductor and nods at him. 


It took just one note from Dahyun to capture your full attention when you know full well how difficult of a task that was. You couldn’t even fully listen to Ms. Sunmi every single minute but with Dahyun, she has your indefinite commitment.


The piece was flowing so perfectly you don’t even notice Mina or anyone else around you. Then Dahyun’s solo came along and the weirdest thing happened. Something compels you to close your eyes and beyond them you could imagine only you and Dahyun playing the piano in the middle of a meadow.


It felt so amazing and so real. Dahyun looked ethereal and all you wanted to do was to reach out to her, anything to get closer to her. That was how she made you feel. The crescendo was coming and you slowly open your eyes and everything was back to normal except that Dahyun was looking straight at you. You knew she was looking at you, her gaze was burning but you couldn’t look away. Her eyes were different, it was like there was a fire growing and as cliché as it sounded, you were like Icarus trying to get closer to the sun. But how stupid was that? You knew you were going to get burned but even that couldn’t stop you. 


Kim Dahyun, I want to know you.


Your words from yesterday ring in your mind as Dahyun never looked away from you till the end of the performance. 


You didn’t dare move either.


--


“Sana?” You jump as Mina touches your shoulder.


“Y-yeah? Sorry I was spacing out.”


Mina smirked knowing full well you were. “I can see why you’re so interested in this Dahyun girl now.”


“Wh-what do you mean?” A nervous chuckle. “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”


She rolls her eyes. “Really? I even had to pull you back down when you wouldn’t stop clapping and blatantly gawking at the pianist?”


“It was just really beautiful okay! I was genuinely moved!”


“Says the girl who uses my classical music playlist as her lullaby.”


“Stop calling me out!”


Mina starts laughing and you puff your cheeks. Why was she teasing you this much.


A collective sound of screaming fangirls and boys grab both of your attention to the podium outside of the theater and watch as tons of photographers start taking photos of the one and only Dahyun walking out. Dahyun smiles politely and accepts the bouquet of flowers handed to her while also smiling and thanking everyone for coming to watch the performance.


She looked so professional and carried herself with such practiced grace but you still noticed her shy looks as everyone in the way kept complimenting her. You smile, she was such a humble girl. 


“You weren’t kidding about Dahyun being a renowned pianist. This crowd is huge.” Mina says beside you. She was right, only now did you notice the number of people who came to watch. One fangirl even gets the courage to ask Dahyun for a photo and squeals when she gets one.


Okay, now you wanted a photo with Dahyun too. You gasp as the fangirl even gives Dahyun a quick peck on the cheek and you almost marched towards them to pull Dahyun away from them all.


“Sana you’re turning red.” Mina comments and you just scoff and look away.


“I’m not. Dahyun can do whatever she wants.” 


Mina laughs and you wanted to scoff even more. “I just said you were turning red, oh god you are so obvious.”


“Shut up.” 


“Heads up, she’s coming your way.”


“Wh-what?” You couldn’t say more as you look at where Mina was looking and Dahyun was indeed walking towards you. You visibly swallow as she got closer.

 

//

 

You wanted to see Sana right away after exiting the stage but it was getting difficult as photographers and fans started to haggle you. You sigh but entertained them anyway, you had to as this was part of your duty. So even though you eyed Sana just a couple feet away, you stayed put and smiled for the cameras first, thanking everyone for coming.


You thought the crowd would finally let you go till a fangirl asks for a photo and you oblige. What you didn’t expect was that surprise kiss on your cheek, you’re shocked but for some reason the first thing you thought of doing was to immediately look at Sana and there she was. Her face transforming from a look of shock to pissed off in just a few seconds and okay why did you feel like you were in trouble? It’s not like you and Sana have a thing right?


Or maybe you were just overthinking. You sigh and just head straight towards Sana anyway. You were making things complicated. Sana even comically looked sideways to see if she was the only one in your line of direction. You end up smiling because it was so her to do just that.


You stop right in front of her and give her the brightest smile you could muster even though deep down you were having a gay panic especially with how beautiful she looked right now. You’ve always known Sana was pretty but right now she was in a simple but beautiful dress which makes you look at her with fresh eyes.


“Hey.” Hey? Really Dahyun? That’s all you got? 


“H-hey.” Sana shyly replies and you smirk because it wasn’t just you who was nervous.


“Thanks for coming to watch Sana, I really appreciate it.”


Sana chuckles then. “Stop, you’re sounding too professional I’m not used to this.”


That makes you laugh along with her. “You’re right, it’s just the nerves I guess.”


“What do you mean?” Sana looks at you curiously.


Oh . “Ohh uh I mean you know, after performing in front of a big crowd and all.”


“Ohh.” Was it just you or did Sana look a bit disappointed at your answer? “I think you shouldn’t worry about that. You did great Dahyun.” She smiles genuinely this time and you keep her words at heart.


“Thank you Sana. That means a lot to me.”


“Yah! I said stop being so formal. Also-“ Sana steps closer into your personal space and you feel your heart beat two times faster (calm the down heart). 


“Wha-what are you doing?” You inquire in a soft voice.


“You have something on your face.” Sana wipes the side of your cheek with a handkerchief and shows you a lipstick stain.


Oh, right. The fangirl who kissed you on the cheek.


“You’re quite the lady magnet huh?”


“Uhm, uhh psshh not at all.” You feign ignorance and Sana just raises her eyebrow at you and still doesn’t step away. She was so close, too close that you could feel her warm breath on your cheek.


“Okay, if you say so.” She says in such a low voice that sent tingles to your whole body. 


Someone clears their throat and you and Sana both jump away in unison.


“Maybe keep things PG while we’re in public alright girls?” A girl with shoulder length hair tells you both with a sly smile on her face.


“Sorry, right.” Sana seems to have snapped out of whatever trance she was in and motions for the other girl forward. “This is Mina, my best friend.”


“Ah, nice to meet you!” You reach out for a handshake and Mina returns it. 


“Nice to finally meet you too Dahyun. Sana wouldn’t stop talking about you.”


“Mina! What are you talking about, no I don’t!” Sana looks at Mina with such betrayal but Mina just looks back with an angelic smile. You decided right then that you liked this Mina girl. Not as much as Sana, a voice in your head says.


“I’m glad to know that Sana says good things about me then.” You decided to answer diplomatically. 


“Dahyun!” Jihyo calls from the other end of the room. “The group’s about to head out!” 


“Be right there!” You yell and look back at Sana and Mina apologetically. “I’m sorry, I have to go.”


“Go where you’re needed Dahyun.” Sana tells you.


“It was nice to meet you Mina. See you later Sana.” You give her one last smile and walk away but a hand pulls at your wrist and you pause.


“Wait, before you go.” Sana suddenly moves closer again and gives you a kiss on the cheek much closer to the corner of your lips than the first one given to you by the fangirl earlier. Sana then moves to your ear and whispers. “See you tomorrow Dahyun-chan.” 


And just like that Sana moves away looking all innocent again and waves you good bye. Your face was probably beet red but you wave awkwardly anyway and watch the duo leave.


You finally come back to your senses and walk to where Jihyo was waiting for you.


“Who was that?” Jihyo asks.


“A friend.” You answer still not in your right mind.


“Friend huh? So you don’t plan on wiping that mark off your face?”


“Mark? What do you mean?” And that’s when you realized what she meant and swipe your thumb to where Sana’s lips touched just moments ago and find a shade of pink afterwards.


You should be annoyed because you hated getting stains on your skin hell even kisses but it was Sana who did it and you find yourself not complaining at all.


“Dahyun-ah you’re drooling.”


“Wha-“ You wipe your mouth and find no sign of saliva and Jihyo bursts out laughing. “Unnie!”


You pout but follow her to where the group was gathered anyway. Everyone was celebrating and having a good time but all you could think about was a certain squirrel-like girl instead.


That night, you even took a selca with the kiss mark obvious on your cheek and posted it on your Instagram before going back to sleep.


--


You wake up to an incessant dinging beside your head and groggily open your eyes to find your phone teeming with notifications. Why did you have so many notifications early in the morning?


“Dahyun! What is the meaning of this! How did you not tell us you were dating Minatozaki Sana?!” Chaeyoung bursts into your room with her loud voice. It was too early in the morning for Chaeyoung’s hyperactivity.


“Keep your voice down Chaeng. I’m still sleeping.”


But of course that doesn’t stop Chaeyoung from jumping on your sleeping form.


“What. Do. You. Want. Son Chaeyoung?” 


Instead of replying, Chaeyoung shoves her phone to your face and you try to focus on what she was showing you. 


“Piano prodigy Kim Dahyun dating rumors.” You read out loud.


Oh no.


On Chaeyoung’s phone was an article with photos of you and Sana the night prior acting really close. They even had photos of her kissing your cheek. It gets worse as they even added your selca that you uploaded the same night.


“A night to remember? Really unnie? Why would you make that your caption? You’re just asking for rumors aren’t you?”


You groan into your pillow. “I just meant the performance, I forgot that Sana’s lipstick mark was still on my face.” A lie, you totally knew and you were sober enough to remember it.


Chaeyoung looked like she didn’t completely believe you. “Okay so maybe I didn’t even try to wash away the lipstick mark but what’s your point?”


“My point is that you’re dating one of the school’s most popular girls and you didn’t even tell me? Your best friend? I’m hurt Kim Dahyun.”


“Stop being dramatic and also, we’re not dating. We’re just friends.”


“Stop lying to my face Dahyun. The internet says differently.”


“The internet isn’t your best friend. I’m telling you the truth, there’s nothing between me and Sana.”


“Whatever you say Dahyun.” Chaeyoung finally gets up from your bed and moves to leave your room. Finally some peace and quiet.


“By the way.” Chaeyoung adds. “Wash your face Dahyun, it’s getting gross. I’m pretty sure Sana will happily kiss your cheek again.”


You quickly wipe your cheek and realized the mark was still on your face. Oh god what was happening to you.


Minatozaki Sana, what are you doing to me?

 

//

 

There were only a few moments in your life when you felt so frustrated about dancing. The first when you were still beginning to dance, when you couldn’t even reach the ballet bar and always fell on your when you attempted spinning like the ballerinas you watched on stage. 


But you weren’t five anymore. You were so much older, had so much experience and yet dancing felt so hard to do right now. The cast focused on rehearsing the intro today. The part where your character’s tortured back story was shown. You grunt as you mess up the step sequence, again. 


“Stop.” Mr. Taemin claps his hands once and the song pauses causing everyone to turn their attention to him. You bite your lip already knowing you screwed up again.


Momo looks at you worriedly, noticing you were kind of out of it. She mouths ‘You okay?’ to which you nod your head at. You didn’t want to worry anyone especially not your dance partner.


“Mina.” You wince internally at Mr. Taemin’s voice but hold it in, you weren’t going to show weakness to anyone, you promised yourself that. 


“What’s going on in your mind right now? It seems like you’re here physically but everything else is somewhere else.”


“I’m sorry Mr. Taemin.” You apologize instead.


Mr. Taemin just sighs. “Try it again Mina, the character needs to feel something.”


And we’re back to square one. Feelings, again. You still couldn’t pin down how to generate what Mr. Taemin wanted you to do but you still tried anyway.


“How was that different from earlier Mina?” Mr. Taemin berated. “Stop doing math in your head, you’re supposed to be embodying poetry.”


Stop thinking too much Mina. You eye Momo through the mirror and see her looking at you so determinedly like she was giving you silent support. You nod at her and face Mr. Taemin again.


You begin dancing as the music starts and Momo’s face was still stuck in your head. You remember feeling so frustrated back then when Momo would be too lax about dancing, how you knew she could be so much better. Then you start to think about how diligent she was the other day when you two worked on her form.


Her warm body burning underneath your simple touches. It was enough to ignite a fire at the pit of your stomach and you were definitely going into dangerous territory. Thank goodness the music finally stopped or else you would have forgotten about everyone else there.


“That!” You quickly look back at Mr. Taemin’s voice. “That’s what I was looking for Mina! What was in your head just now? Tell me.” 


Momo


“Uhh my grocery list?”


Mr. Taemin seems to not buy it but lets it go anyway. “Whatever it was, keep doing it.”


“Ehh?” You couldn’t help but react because no way were you going to think of Momo while dancing ever again. It was so out of your comfort zone.


“Any objections Ms. Myoui?” He raises his eyebrow and you’re forced to shake your head.


“No sir.”


“Good. That’s all for today everyone. Good job.” He claps and everyone else goes their separate ways again.


“You did great out there Myoui.” Momo enthusiastically tells you. “Your grocery list must’ve been really interesting for you to have been able to dance that way.”


“Uhh yeah, I guess. I need to find better inspiration than my grocery list though.”


Momo chuckles and honestly that sound was enough to make you feel better all over again.


“I’m sure you’ll be able to get there.”


“Easy for you to say, Mr. Taemin loves everything you do and hates me.”


“Only because you helped set me on the right track. Without your help I would have probably been humiliatingly kicked out of this.” Momo suddenly jumps like a literal lightbulb lighting up. “Tell you what, in exchange of you helping me out, I’m going to return the favor.”


“What do you mean?”


“You’ll see.” She smirks then. “Meet me at our usual studio by five. We’ll play around” She doesn’t let you say more as she dashes out of the rehearsal room. 


It’s not like you had a lot to lose anyway.


--


You find yourself at the same studio where you and Momo usually practiced at. Momo was currently sitting at the bench watching you enter. You try to repress a blush that was threatening to form. Why were you so hyperaware of Momo these days?


“So what did you plan for us today oh great and mysterious Hirai Momo.” You even do a mock bow to which she laughs at.


“We’re going to dance.” She says with a simple smile.


“Okay? So which variation?” She abruptly stops you with a finger on your lips. How did she get so close to you so fast? 


“Oh we’re not dancing the show.”


“We’re not?” Okay she was becoming really puzzling now.


“We’re going to freestyle.” Momo says in finality and stands up.


“I don’t freestyle in front of anyone Momo.”


She looks at you disbelievingly. “If memory serves me right, you were freestyling right in this studio a few nights before.”


How could you forget that night? It was a night where you were so compelled to stay close to Momo and it was honestly embarrassing but it was etched deep in your brain if you were being honest.


“Well yeah but no one was watching.”


“Ohh come on, scared of losing to a chicken like me?”


You just roll your eyes. “You’re never letting that go are you?”


“Nope.” She smiles mockingly and okay fine if this girl wanted competition then you were going to give her exactly that.


“Okay. Just don’t cry when you actually do lose to a swan.”


“Bring it on Myoui.” 


The music starts and Momo begins suddenly jumping right in front of you and moved her body completely devoid of form but in her own style and element. The music was familiar, it was by the boy group 2PM.


Take you home tonight 


Momo looks straight at you and does a pulling motion at the lyric. It was so captivating, watching her do a mix of hip hop and modern dance. Momo on the floor right now was everything you were lacking. No self-restraint nor self-awareness. What you would do to be that free. 


I wanna take you to my house


Something else was beneath Momo’s eyes as she danced and never broke eye contact with you. And you find yourself squirming as you feel a familiar heat rise up your body again.


You decided then that it was your turn to dance back and power walk to her with your hand on her shoulder and abruptly stopping her dance and pushing her back to give you space. You then give out the most ridiculous ballet pose.


“Now that’s a ‘ you’ pose if I’ve ever seen one.” Momo cracks and you just smirk further.


Though Momo was right there in the room, you tried your best not to restrict yourself. It was freestyle after all and you wanted to be exactly that and just flowed with the music. You weren’t a choreographer but you were making up steps as needed by the music itself.


It was honestly very liberating. You didn’t think too much on what dance move to do next and instead listened to the song and imagined how it would look like as a dance instead. You made it carry you and just pushed more and more. You were out of breath but your shoulders felt lighter.


The song then changes to ‘Think About You’ and it seemed like this was Momo’s jam as she goes back in the middle effectively making you move back as she moved her body to the music. This was more seductive than the first song and Momo had the most intense gaze yet again not breaking your staring competition.


She even does an extra move by removing her flannel over her shoulders revealing her tank top and toned arms then tying the flannel on her waist. Was that even a dance move? Apparently Momo just turned it into one.


I spend my days and nights every time I think about you


Momo points to you and does the most attractive body roll you’ve ever seen in your entire life. 


You couldn’t help yourself this time and walked to the middle. Momo tried to give you space but you pulled her back and shook your head. “Let’s dance together.” You simply tell her and she nods.


I still think about you, do you think about me?


This was in no way choreographed beforehand but you two just clicked like puzzle pieces. You started getting braver and finally place a hand on her waist and walked around her in a circle, her head following your every move. It was funny, how a ballet dancer and a modern dancer fit this way. Two very different styles but somehow it was in sync.


You two were panting as the music ended but didn’t move away from each other.


Still thinking about you


Momo finally drops her hands from your hips. “Not bad Myoui.”


“Same with you Hirai.” You two were smiling but you knew the tension was really thick right now so you decided to feign getting a bottle of water instead. “But really, thanks for that. I think it did help.”


“No problem. We can do this any time you want again.”


And go through that intense amount of tension again? Well maybe there was nothing wrong about that but still. This was Momo you were talking about. You were getting attracted to your dance partner nonetheless. It was so unprofessional of you. But who could you blame, it's Hirai fucin Momo.


“I have to go.” Momo tells you and you uncontrollably pout at that but Momo just chuckles and pats your head instead. “I promised I’d go to dinner with my friends. Even though I’m practically just third-wheeling them again.”


Her laugh was contagious as you chuckled too. “Alright, see you soon Momo.”


“Laters Myoui.” She gives a final wink before leaving the studio and you in a heated state of blushing.


You’re such a goner.

-
tbc

I hope you enjoyed that monster of a chapter as my apology for not updating sooner.

 
And yes, I used Momo’s cover of My House and Thinking About You, I always swoon every time I watch it? Like Hirai Fucin Momo??