Someone Like Me

Don't Give Up

One thing you were certain about yourself was that you were always up for challenges. It was something you weren’t scared of. So of course learning a new dance style for the final showcase wasn’t a problem for you. Well maybe it wouldn’t be a problem if the choreography wasn’t the hardest you’ve ever learned.

 


You let out another grunt. Just the opening step sequence already had an 11/10 difficulty but what did you expect from the one and only Lee Taemin. The choreography had various styles in place ranging from ballet to contemporary and lyrical hip hop. He really didn’t hold back with this.

 


“Again.” Mr. Taemin’s voice rings through the studio in a slightly frustrated tone. You couldn’t blame him, you were getting frustrated too. 

 


Your movements were sloppy and raw. That was understandable for a beginner of a new dance style but you were Hirai Momo for ’s sake. You were the kid who came from nothing and you promised you’d make a name for yourself no matter what. 

 


But that was also the problem with you. You place really high expectations on yourself that it really hurts when you crash and burn. Which you felt was slightly happening right now.

 


“That’s enough. We’ll resume practice tomorrow.” Mr. Taemin announces to everyone. 

 


The class lets out a collective sigh and start to get ready to head out. Others were already shuffling out the studio looking obviously tired.

 


You sigh and shake your head. This was so infuriating. You were such a perfectionist to the point that you needed to do things effortlessly from the beginning. But that wasn’t the case this time around. You were going to beat yourself further when Mina approaches you and taps you lightly on the shoulder.

 


“Hey, you okay? She asks so worriedly it actually made your chest constrict to know she was concerned about you.

 


You let out a bitter chuckle. “Sorry, I’m just really frustrated right now. I can’t get the steps right and this is kind of a first for me. I used to always be the fastest one to grasp new choreography so.” You shrug and run your hand through your hair. “Sorry for dropping all that on you.”

 


“Hey I don’t mind. I understand what you meant. This is definitely the hardest choreography I’ve ever tried learning.” She reassures you.

 


“But you’re a natural Mina. I wish I could be more like you.”

 


This time it was Mina who shakes her head. “I completely disagree. Mr. Taemin chose you as a lead for a reason Momo and I for one can vouch for that.”

 


You just stand there astounded by Mina’s words because wait did she just compliment you? 

 


Mina softly flicks your forehead and you finally snap out of your daze. 

 


“Stop blanking out.”

 


Your shake your head for the nth time today. “Sorry I just didn’t expect to hear that from you I guess.” 

 


Mina laughs at your reply. This is the second time you’ve heard her laugh and seriously she needs to laugh more. Or rather you just wanted to hear it more often.

 


“Tell you what, I’ll help you out with technique and choreography. If you want to of course.”

 


You light up like a bulb at her proposition. “For real? You’re willing to do that?”

 


Mina nods her head. “You are my partner after all. I can’t snag the sole spotlight now can I? Besides I just don’t want you to look bad next to me.” She winks at you again. So maybe Mina can’t wink that well but hey it was still really cute.

 


“You are so full of yourself aren’t you?” You say that but chuckle at the same time and Mina does the same.

 


“I was kidding but the offer was serious.”

 


“I’m game with that. Honestly I’d do anything now just so I won’t look like a dancing chicken next to a beautiful swan.”

 


You then notice a slight rose color dusting Mina’s cheeks and you realize you off-handedly called her beautiful. You were getting flustered yourself but you weren’t taking it back. It was true after all.

 


“Anyway yeah! Just message me when you’re free.” You say a bit too hastily.

 


“Y-yeah. I’ll give you my number.” At least you weren’t the only one getting flustered.

 


“Thanks Mina. I really appreciate this.” You tell her one last time as you two part ways outside the dance studio.

 


“Don’t mention it. See you later Hirai.” She flashes you one last smile and walks away.

 


This was the second time you catch yourself staring at Mina. Okay Momo snap out of it. 


--


“Momo! Over here!” Jeongyeon waves you over to where she and her girlfriend, Nayeon, sat at the cafeteria. You zoom past the heard of students and flop on the seat next to Nayeon dropping your tray ungracefully.

 


“Hey guys.” You greet flatly.

 


“Someone seems out of it.” Nayeon comments as she slides her yogurt drink in your direction. 

 


You accept it gratefully. “Thanks. And yeah, just really exhausted from rehearsals.”

 


“How’s it going?” Jeongyeon inquires with still full of food.

 


“Finish chewing your food before you talk babe.” Nayeon tells her girlfriend to which Jeongyeon only glares at but does as she’s told anyway.

 


You chuckle to yourself. These two were really like an old married couple but it was funny to watch every single time.

 


“I’m dying Jeong. Turns out learning a new dance style was harder than I thought.”

 


“No way, is the Hirai Momo actually struggling with something dance related?”

 


It was your turn to glare at her. Jeongyeon raises her hands in surrender. “I was kidding, I’m sorry. That must be so hard for you.”

 


“Wow, I really felt the honesty in your voice.” You tell her flatly with a glare.

 


“Why don’t you ask your hot dance partner to help you out?” Nayeon suggests and you try not to choke on your drink.

 


“My hot what?!” You look at Jeongyeon again. “Did you tell her about Mina?”

 


“Hey I did no such crime! I’m innocent!”

 


Nayeon rolls her eyes and tuts you both. “Calm down criminals. Also no, Jeongyeon didn’t have to tell me. The whole school practically knows about Mina landing the lead role in your final showcase.”

 


You just stare at her still not comprehending her words. Nayeon doesn’t bat an eyelash at your slowness.

 


“I forget that you’re new here. Mina is practically the most popular student in school.”

 


This time you try not to spit out your drink on Jeongyeon’s face. “So I’m practically dancing with a superstar? A nobody like me?”

 


“You’re not a nobody Momo. You’re just new.” Jeongyeon tells you.

 


“Whatever, same thing.” You argue.

 


“Okay kids. Back to the topic. I really think you should ask Mina to help you out.”

 


“Oh uh I’m actually good in that department. Mina already offered to help me out and I agreed.”

 


Jeongyeon and Nayeon collectively go quiet and just stare at you, stunned.

 


“Mina actually approached you herself?” Jeongyeon laughs out loud. “Really funny Momo.”

 


“I’m not joking Jeong. She talked to me after rehearsal today just for that.”

 


“Wow, you have no idea how lucky you are.” Nayeon speaks up.

 


“What do you mean?”

 


“Mina never does the first move. She’s dubbed an ice queen for a reason you know.”

 


“I thought she was really cold and unapproachable at first too but I think everyone just has the wrong idea of her. She’s probably just really shy.” You don’t know why you wanted to defend Mina like this but it just felt right to do so.

 


“Whatever you say Momo. You’re still lucky.”

 


“Hey at least now it’ll be easier for you to talk to your crush huh?” Jeongyeon nudges your shoulder and wiggles her eye brows.

 


“I don’t have a crush on her!”

 


“Sure you don’t Hirai.” 

 


You just groan and start eating. “Why am I friends with you guys.”

 

 

 

//

 

 

 

This day wasn’t as worse as the other day but you find yourself walking to your familiar spot behind the rehearsal studios again. To that one place behind a large window where the soft sounds of a piano could be heard. 

 


This was the fifth time that you ended up coming to the same place just to listen to a certain tofu-like girl serenade you with the piano. Pfft, serenade? Being honest it did feel a lot like that. The girl caught your attention since day one and you would go behind her rehearsal room whether you were sad or happy now.

 


There was just something about how she played. Something you wanted to cut open and inspect. Anything just to understand what was so captivating about her. Your ears perk up when you recognize the song she was currently playing. 

 


Chopin, Nocturne op. 9 no. 2


You feel proud of yourself for your knowledge in classical music. The girl played beautifully as usual but something was different this time. It felt so melancholic, why did it feel that way? Was she okay? Why were you so concerned about it? You couldn’t help thinking so because this was the girl who unknowingly brightens up your day by just playing the piano. So listening to her playing so sadly tugs at your heartstrings.

 


You don’t even realize you were crying till you touch your cheeks and feel the dampness. You whine a bit. Why the hell were you crying? You rub your eyes to forcefully stop the tears. This felt stupid, crying over something you didn’t understand.

 


You didn’t even notice the song ended till you feel the window shift open. Wait, the window was opening. Meaning someone was opening it and there was only one person inside.

 


“Normally I’d feel weird about a stranger watching me secretly but you’re crying again and I couldn’t pretend like you weren’t there anymore.” Mystery girl says as she peers out the window looking at you with a worried look.

 


You don’t move and just stare at her completely flustered but finally find your voice. “Uhm uh.” Wow, very eloquent Sana. You shake your head. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to be creepy. And I was not crying.” Your sniffle betrays your words so you look away in embarrassment.

 


You thought that’d be the end of it all but mystery girl suddenly starts laughing and you’re caught off guard. She had a pretty laugh, you thought as you finally look at her. She was also really cute, crap. You notice her eyes disappearing into crescents as she laughed.  

 


“It’s okay I swear, I was just teasing. I thought it would make you feel better.” She wipes a tear from her eye finally dying down from her laughter.

 


“If this were a normal scenario I’d be really offended that you laughed at me.” You couldn’t help but pout. Who did this girl think she was? “But I was the one acting creepy so I can’t actually feel the offense. And by the way, your idea of making someone feel better did not work.”

 


“Did it really not?” She her eyebrow at you.

 


You just let out a humph because you realize that you did stop crying after all. You weren’t going to admit it out loud though.

 


“And don’t worry, you weren’t being creepy. Well you were at first but I noticed how you looked like you were stuck in your own world so.” She leans on the window panel and just continues smiling at you. Why did this girl have to be so kind?

 


“Well I was.” That makes mystery girl her eyebrow.

 


“Was?”

 


“Listening to you playing the piano brought me back to certain memories I guess. You play beautifully by the way.”

 


This time, her teasing smile transforms into a genuine one at your compliment. “Thank you, I’m glad you were able to reminisce those memories because of my music.”

 


“Yeah I didn’t know how but it was like-“ You try to form your thoughts more coherently. “Like I felt happy and at peace while listening. I’m honestly confused myself.”

 


“But why did you seem really sad just moments ago?” She asks sincerely.

 


You shrug. “Honestly I didn’t even realize I was crying in the first place.” You cringe your eyebrows still trying to understand how that happened. “You usually play happy songs I guess and the way you played Chopin just now was different.” 

 


Mystery girl stays quiet and urges you to continue.

 


“It wasn’t sad nor happy. It felt more like it was in between and I was trying to dissect it from your technique but I still couldn’t get it. I’m even wondering why I was crying myself.”

 


“That’s probably because music is interpreted differently by different people. Chopin’s nocturne is exactly that though. It lies in between drama and melodrama, not too much and not lacking.” Mystery girl just shrugs.

 


Her words replay in your mind and it actually did make sense and you chuckle a bit. “You’re right, his music is a lot like that. Thanks for the insight uhm…”

 


“Ahh, Dahyun, Kim Dahyun.” She smiles brightly at you. “And it’s no problem Ms. Minatozaki.” 

 


Your head perks up at the mention of your name. “You know me?”

 


She smiles sheepishly then. “Actually we bumped into each other earlier this week and you dropped this.” She raises a clip of music sheets. “I was hoping to give it back to you. Luckily you were stalking me again today so.”

 


“I am not stalking you!” 

 


“I was kidding!” Why does this Dahyun girl keep teasing you. “Here.” She hands the music sheets over anyway.

 


“Thanks.” You say flatly still a bit mad at her for always teasing you but you couldn’t stay mad because you were the creepy one in the first place. 

 


“Anyway I have to get back to practice.” Dahyun motions to the piano.

 


“Ohh yah, I’ll get going too and leave you be. Sorry for being a creep again.”

 


“I told you already it’s okay. And next time you can just come in here and listen to me play you know.” She shrugs and you blush at bit at her offer. “Or you could watch me play later this week.”

 


Dahyun moves further inside the room and takes something out of her bag then scurries back to the window. This oddly felt like that Romeo and Juliet balcony scene but you weren’t trying to seduce the girl inside right now. Or were you? Okay Sana, stop right there.

 


“Here, if you’re interested anyway.” She hands you an envelope which you accept. But then you realize the time on your watch and start to panic.

 


“I-I have to go! I’m going to be late for class. I’m sorry and thank you again!” You say and bolt out of there while holding the envelope.

 


You were so not excited to face a grumpy Lee Sunmi. She hated tardiness but that was exactly what you were right now.

 


Thankfully after sprinting through the hallways (and getting shouted at by teachers for running) you make it to class on time with one minute to spare.


--


“Are you kidding me?!” You shout inside the small confines of your dorm room and Mina comes running to your door right away.

 


“What happened? Why were you shouting?” Mina asks hurriedly.

 


“This!” You motion to your laptop screen where the bio of a certain Kim Dahyun was currently open.

 


Mina’s face turns pissed off and curious at the same time. “Sana I thought you were in danger.”

 


“Oh stop being overdramatic Mina.”

 


“Overdramatic? Sana you’re the one being overdramatic here.”

 


“I am not!” Mina comes closer anyway to peer at your laptop.

 


“What’s this about now?”

 


“This girl! I can’t believe her. She didn’t tell me she was a famous piano genius!”

 


“You have to explain from the beginning.” Mina deadpans.

 


“Okay sorry. So there’s this girl who I’ve been secretly listening to play the piano. I’d stand outside her rehearsal room and just listen.”

 


“Wait, you were stalking her?!” Mina asks incredulous.

 


“I was not stalking her! Why is everyone implying that? Now listen.” Mina does a gesture for you to continue.  

 


“So yeah, I didn’t know why I was so intrigued by her. She plays differently like I’ve never been this captivated by someone’s music before. So I kept going back to the same place but today she caught me creepily listening outside but she was really kind and nice and let me go.”

 


“Then she gave me this envelope but I didn’t know what was in it till I got home and opened it. So they were tickets to the Seoul philharmonic performance happening this weekend. And the girl’s name was part of the performance list so I looked her up and boom! Turns out she’s a really famous pianist.”

 


“Wow. Okay so you were borderline stalking one of Seoul’s piano prodigies. And the problem here is?”

 


“That’s it, I was stalking a celebrity and didn’t realize it.”

 


“So you finally admit to your stalking tendencies.”

 


“Ssshh that’s not the point here.”

 


Mina groans. “Sure, it’s not. So what do you plan to do now?”

 


“Go watch of course! And you’re coming with me. Dahyun gave me two tickets.” You smile sweetly at her.

 


“Okay fine. You’re lucky I’m free this weekend.”

 


You squeal and hug your best friend. “Thank you Mina-chan!”

 


“Pssh, I’m just interested to see this girl who caught your attention.”

 


You blush at that. “It’s not like that!”

 


“Sure it’s not.” Mina smirks at you then runs out of the room as you try to throw a pillow at her which she expertly dodges.

 


You just groan and bring your focus back to your laptop. 

 


“Kim Dahyun.” I want to know more about you. You finally admit to yourself.

 

 

 

//

 

 

 

“Dahyun-unnie!” You turn around and see Tzuyu running in your direction.

 


“Tzuyu!” You open your arms closing your eyes and wait for the hug. You count to ten but you still didn’t feel Tzuyu’s presence in your arms so you open your eyes to see a smirking Tzuyu standing in front of you.

 


“Unnie, what are you doing?” A laugh trying to escape from her lips.

 

You groan. Tzuyu was still Tzuyu after all. “I haven’t seen you in a month and you won’t even hug your favorite unnie?”

 


“Who? Jihyo-unnie?” She had the nerve to answer.

 


You cross your arms and pout. “Tzuyu!” You whine.

 


“I was kidding unnie.” She finally pulls you into a hug and you just melt. Tzuyu got into the same university as you and just started this year as a freshman.

 


“So how’s your first week? I’m sorry I wasn’t able to see you until today.” You apologize. You hated yourself for not being able to be with her during her first days of school even though you pride yourself for being her best unnie.

 


“It’s okay, I know how busy you are preparing for the performance this weekend.” She smiles at you and hooks your arms together as you two walk around campus. “And school was okay. Chaeyoung was there with me the whole time.”

 


You’re so happy to hear that Chaeyoung didn’t leave Tzuyu’s side either. This was your trio, the two people you’ve been with since childhood. So no one can argue about how protective you were of them.

 


“That’s good. Speaking of Chaeng, where is she?”

 


“Right here!” Chaeyoung jumps on your back and you hold onto Tzuyu trying not to lose your balance.

 


“You’re going to break my back!”

 


Chaeyoung snorts. “You sound like an old lady Dahyun.”

 


“Remind me why we’re friends again?”

 


Best friends you mean. And it’s because you love me.” Chaeyoung winks.

 


You roll your eyes. “I’m trying to remember why I love you actually.”

 


“Tzuyu! Dahyun is being mean to me!” Chaeyoung side hugs Tzuyu and the latter just ends up laughing at both of your antics.

 


“I missed you guys. I missed us.” Tzuyu admits and smiles warmly.

 


And just like that you weren’t annoyed at Chaeyoung anymore. “I missed us too.”

 


“Me three!” Chaeyoung beams and you all laugh just like old times. 


--


The conductor step on stage and everyone prepares themselves. You also breathe in and out then open your eyes and look at the conductor. He nods at you and you play the opening notes to Rachmaninoff’s Piano Concerto No. 2.

 


The strings section follow after and the music just starts flowing continuously. The song building up and up. You could feel the intensity of the piece and make sure to bring as much passion and concentration into it.

 


Your piano solo was slowly approaching and you close your eyes again. You didn’t need to look at the keys, your body was fully connected to the piano. You start to imagine a meadow. It’s quiet except for the cool breeze. You feel yourself swaying to it along with the flowers around you.

 


And just like that the piece ends and you open your eyes again. That went by so quickly, it was always like this when you were so into the piece.

 


The conductor announces the end of practice and everyone starts to go their own ways.

 


“Great job Dahyun.” Jihyo claps you on your shoulder.

 


“Thanks unnie.” You smile brightly at her. 

 


“You’re doing so well. But what else can we expect from one of the youngest and brightest pianists of the generation?”

 


You chuckle at her compliment. “I’m just lucky I guess. And this is a group performance, not just me. You’re violin playing was so beautiful too unnie.”

 


“Ahh don’t compliment me like that. Your fans might get jealous of me.”

 


You start laughing again. “Come on let’s go unnie. Tzuyu’s excited to see you.”

 


“She’s excited to see her favorite unnie?” Jihyo teases.

 


You roll your eyes. “For your information I’m Tzuyu’s favorite unnie.”

 


“Dahyun you do know you’re the only one who thinks that right?”

 


“Shut up.” You say as you two exit the theater. It was already dark outside but the cool wind was welcoming.

 


“I guess I was right about the fans.” You look at Jihyo pointing to a group of girls standing outside obviously waiting for someone.

 


You get a full blown blush from head to toe. Even after a few years, you still weren’t used to all the attention you were getting. It was both flattering and embarrassing at the same time to be honest. The said fans finally see you walking out and start squealing.

 


You just smile at them. They were harmless anyway. But then they start squealing even more after you smiled.

 


You two finally get out of sight of your fans and you let out a breath you didn’t know you were holding. Jihyo suddenly starts laughing.

 


“Ohh Dahyun. You’re so cute when you’re flustered. How could you still not be used to the attention?”

 


“It’s not easy unnie. I’m not one for attention.”

 


“I know, that’s probably why everyone loves you even more. Anyway I’m going this way.”

 


“Ahh take care unnie! I’ll just practice a bit more then head home.”

 


Jihyo scowls at you. “Dahyun it’s already late.”

 


You raise your hands. “I promise I’ll just play for a bit.”

 


Jihyo sighs and knows she can’t win against you. “Fine, just don’t overwork yourself.”

 


“I won’t.” You smile and give her a salute. 


--


You were used to the darkness of the rehearsal room at this time of the night. There was something else about playing at this time. It made the atmosphere seem more melancholic that’s probably why. The pale moon light accompanied you as you breeze through the keys.

 


Sometimes it felt like you couldn’t stop playing the piano. When you were happy, you played, sad, play, frustrated, play. The piano was something you could always return to every single time. It never actually left your side. You end the piece with a soft smile. 

 


This was enough for today. You stand up and stretch a bit while looking out the window. You were reminded of Sana again. You hate to admit it but thoughts of the eccentric girl pop up in your mind a lot nowadays. 

 


You were about to leave when you notice a piece of paper stuck on the window pane. You walk closer and realize it was a sticky note. The handwriting was messy but you chuckle as you realize who wrote it.

 

 

You weren’t here when I came to listen to you play :< 
But fine whatever I’ll be there in the weekend
Do good Dahyunie!
-Sana

 

 

A -eating grin breaks out from your face and you try to convince yourself it wasn’t because a certain someone was coming to watch you.

 


Yeap, definitely not that.

 

 

 

//

 

 

 

The dance studio’s darkness was comforting as you enter and leave your bag on the floor. This was the time of the night when you could have the studio all to yourself. No one else could distract you. It was just you and the stars.

 


This was the only time you could dance without holding back. You were a shy person in general and you still haven’t thought of a time where you could fully let go in front of other people. But in here, you could do just that. No prying eyes, no judgment. It was all about dance.

 


You start with your stretches then place your music player on shuffle. You wanted to be spontaneous tonight. The first song starts, you smirk because you really loved this song and because of the irony it brings. Sunmi’s Gashina, as in Sana’s singing instructor Lee Sunmi. 

 


You knew the steps to this song so well. The feminine movements in the beginning then the sudden isolations and popping in the chorus. It was a whirlwind of choreography but it was really fun to dance.

 


You’re panting by the end of the song. You dance to a few more songs before finally taking a rest. You check your time, eleven in the evening. It was that late already? You really don’t notice the time when you’re dancing.

 


You take a seat leaning on the mirror and just close your eyes and take a rest. Your body was still calming down from the high of dancing that much but your mind was already at peace. That was the funny thing about dancing, it was like a form of meditation actually. 

 


“Mina?”

 


A voice breaks you from your thoughts and you open your eyes to see a wide-eyed Momo standing by the door.

 


“Momo? What are you doing here?”

 


“I should be asking you that.” She chuckles. “I just finished practicing. I thought I was the only one in the building.” She walks in the room and takes a seat beside you. She obviously just finished practicing because you could still feel the warmth radiating from her. Or maybe she was just naturally warm.

 


You hum at that. “I was just free styling. I like to dance at night I guess.” You shrug. “I’m amazed that you’re still up practicing though.” You turn your face in her direction.

 


Momo just chuckles again. “Yeah, don’t want to embarrass myself next to you remember?”

 


You slap her arm. “I already told you I was kidding about that.” You try to keep a mad face but end up smiling because Momo started laughing.

 


“Yeah I know. I just always practice this long. Sometimes I don’t even realize it’s already two in the morning.”

 


“I get that. Happens to me too.” You try to stifle a yawn. You were starting to get sleepy.

 


“Hey I think we should go. You’re tired.” Momo says softly.

 


“Mhhmm.” You would want to lie down on your bed but the warmth of Momo’s body was more inviting so you end up moving closer to her and leaning your head on her shoulder. You don’t know what compels you to do it but you blame it on your exhaustion instead.

 


“Mina?” You hear Momo say.

 


“Sorry, you’re just really warm.” You snuggle closer and your mind was starting to drift away. The last thing you notice before fully blacking out was Momo’s soft laugh and 11:11 by Taeyeon playing from your phone.

 


“Good night Mina.”


--


An incessant poking wakes you up from your sleep and you grumble to attempt to make it stop. It doesn’t. You groggily open your eyes and try to find the source of the annoying poking. And of course it would be coming from your roommate.

 


“Sanaaa stop it.” You try to swat her hand away from your face.

 


“She lives!”

 


“You’re voice is so loud.” You pull the pillow over your ears. It was too early in the morning for Sana’s hyperactivity.


“Wake up! Wake up!” She doesn’t stop and starts shaking your shoulder now.

 


You groan and finally sit up. “I’m awake! What do you want?” You really loved sleep so you were really cranky when you were interrupted.

 


“Mina-chan.” Sana smiles slyly at you and you try to suppress a shiver. “Do you remember anything from last night?”

 


Last night? “What do you mean?”

 


“Does the name Momo ring a bell?” She’s smiling like a ceshire cat now and you try to wrack your brain even though it was still pretty foggy.

 


Last night you remember going to the studio and dancing. Then Momo popped up at the door and you two chat a bit. And then…

 


Your eyes widen at the realization. “Sana how did I get back here?” 

 


“Finally she remembers!” Sana says with her hands raised in the air. 

 


You don’t remember getting home at all. You just know you out while sleeping on Momo’s shoulder. “Oh my god Momo.”

 


“Ding ding. Someone got the right answer.” You just look at her with a look of horror and she just rolls her eyes. “Momo carried you here like literal piggyback and all romantic.”

 

“She carried me all the way here from the studio? Oh my god that’s really far!”

 


“What happened anyway? I couldn’t ask Momo because it was really late so I let her go home right away.” Sana inquires while wiggling her eyebrows.

 


“It’s not what you think you .” You touch your temple. A headache was starting to form. “I was dancing really late last night and Momo was coincidentally there too. We talked a bit and I think I was really exhausted and slept on her shoulder.”

 


Sana honest to god laughs so hard after you explain what happened. “Oh my god Mina you are such a vanilla.” She doesn’t stop laughing and you throw your pillow hitting her square on the face. Nice, you think to yourself.

 


“Stop laughing. And I am not vanilla!”

 


“Sure you’re not. But no, that was like the cutest ever.” 

 


You just give Sana a death stare until she finally stops laughing completely.

 


“Vanilla or not aside, Momo was still really sweet for carrying you all the way back here instead of leaving you in the studio that’s for sure. I totally approve!” She says complete with a thumbs-up.

 


You just roll your eyes. “I really appreciate what Momo did but stop what you’re thinking right now Sana. I already told you it’s not like that.”

 


“Ohh Mina, when will you ever be honest with yourself. Live a little! Be happy! You’re allowed to be happy!” 

 


“I’ll be happy if you leave my room and let me sleep more.”

 


“Pssh, fine. I’m going to go cook pancakes because I’m starving then.”

 


You just shoo her away and fall back onto your bed. You were about to fall back asleep till you realize what Sana said and you get up so quick that your head feels dizzy but you pay it no mind.

 


“Sana! You don’t cook!” You run towards the kitchen and just hope to god she didn’t start a fire.