Two (Alternative Ending)

Two years
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I love her Yongsun. I really do."

"Then tell her."

"I can't. It's not that easy."

"It's not that hard. Just tell her you love her. No need for a grand confession. A simple 'I love you' will do the trick."

"Things are not that easy. We can't just stay like this forever. If I tell her that I love her, what's next? We have giant obstacles to face! Even thinking about how father would react to this is making me crazy."

"You don't have to face it alone. That's what I'm here for. That's what Seulgi's here for."

"She doesn't know what trouble she's going to face. What you told her was just a small part of the hell she'll be encountering. She had enough troubles. I can't add more to that."

"Like you said, you can't stay like that forever, so if you decide not to take it anywhere, then do you think Seulgi will spend all of her life trying to stay the same for you? A human's patience will run out, and so will hers. She may say that she'll never stop loving you, but that doesn't mean she'll stay as the same woman who secretly takes you out for a midnight ride and makes your life feel like a dream. You're not getting any younger, Joohyun. You're 26 for goodness sake! Don't ever think your father isn't thinking of setting you up with someone eligible enough for you to marry. Remember, you're a Bae, and it's your obligation to carry out your legacy as a family dynasty."

"That's why I can't just say things and run away from my obligations! Seulgi doesn't even know my last name!"

"Correction. You lied to her about your last name."

"I had to. If she knows that I am a Bae, I don't know what would happen to her, to us! I could lose her!"

"That's the problem with you. You're being selfish. You're only thinking of yourself. You think she doesn't know your real last name? She's not stupid. She's not dumb enough to know you're lying. From the moment you said that your last name was Jung, she would instantly know you're lying, but she chooses to understand and stay with you instead of confronting it to you, accuse you of lying to her, and leave you. Things can't go the way you want them to be. This is not business. This is love and the feelings of Kang Seulgi we're talking about. You may be a genius when it comes to ruling the technology empire, but you're just plain dumb and stupid when it comes to love. Sorry for making it sound offensive, but you need that. Fix it. I don't know where you want your relationship to go, but please, stop saying that you're trying to saving her, when actually, you're only trying to save yourself. Whatever happens, I don't want you to call me just to say that you've regretted things. Think about it."

 

"Father, I made it clear that I'm not interested in seeing anyone or going out on a date that you've just set up."

"You are already 26, my dear, and it's just rightful for you to marry someone for the merging of companies."

"That's the point. I don't want to marry someone just for business."

"He's not that bad, Joohyun. You knew Sehun for a long time."

"Can't I just not marry anyone? You've seen enough proof that I can handle the company by myself."

"Can't you trust me in this one? You know that I wouldn't want you to marry someone you don't know, and it's for the best."

"Of your business, of course. If mother was still here, I wouldn't be in this horrible situation."

"Don't be like that, Joohyun. It's just an evening dinner, ok?"

"To get to know my soon-to-be husband, I know."

"That's my girl. Here he comes." Her father said as he pointed at the car that have just been parked across their gate.

"Good evening, Sehun." He greeted the him 

"Good evening, Sir. Good evening, Joohyun." 

"Good evening." She said as she forced a smile

"Are you ready to go?"

"Yes."

"We'll be leaving now, sir."

"Have a nice dinner." He waved as the couple drove off

 

The dinner went good, but it could never beat the 3 am instant ramen that Seulgi have always shared with her. Sehun was nice and a gentleman indeed, as her father said, but Joohyun knew that he could never replace the unique characteristics of Seulgi. She was far more better than all of her suitors. I can't believe I'm comparing her with him right now, she thought. The conversation was not that awkward, thankfully

"So, how do you find the food?" He asked nonchalantly

"It's great. Never knew this restaurant served delicious dishes." She replied. trying to mask the fact that she's bored as hell

"It's actually my first time here. I've just heard from my secretary that this place serves great food."

"I see."

"Sorry that I'm making you uncomfortable. I'm not really good with talking like this."

"Oh, it's fine, don't worry. I'm also not used to these kind of conversations."

"Did your father tell you anything about our marriage?"

"Just this evening, actually. I couldn't believe my ears when I heard it."

"Me too. I've always hated arranged marriages."

"Seems like I'm not the only one who tried to oppose the idea."

"True. Even if I've known you for a long time, I still don't like the fact that we're going to be married just for the sake of our family's business. I've always looked at you as a sibling."

"I feel the same way."

"Do you see that woman at the counter?" He asks, describing woman's appearance, which was very familiar. "She seems to be staring at our direction for an awful long time. Perhaps you do know her?" Know her? Hell yes. The woman that was looking at their direction giving Joohyun a "You owe me an explanation" look was no other than Kang Seulgi, whom she knows all too well.

"Um, she looks familiar." She lied, looking away from the painful gaze that Seulgi gave her as she walked out of the restaurant.

"Don't lie to me, Joohyun. You know her. It's obvious. She must be your lover perhaps? She looks awfully betrayed."

"She's not my lover. She's...my love interest, but not my lover."

"Why didn't you tell me about this earlier? I would have helped you explain things to her."

"I was scared to tell you that I swing to other way. You could have told father about it."

"Never. I respect you and who am I to stand in between your love? I'll help you with your father. I've got your back."

"Thank you Sehun. It really means a lot."

"What are friends for? Anyway, I knew you weren't straight from the beginning."

"No way."

"You're a bad liar. Only your father falls for your lies."

"Because he isn't even listening to what I'm saying in the first place."

"You're right."

Their night went well, but neither wanted to have another dinner like that. It appeared to be a reunion of two friends and not a couple dinner date. Never in Joohyun's life happened that she badly wanted time to fly fast to finally be able to see someone. She needed to explain everything to Seulgi. She deserved an explanation, because anyone who was in her place would really think that they have been lied to. That they have been fooled with such words of promise. She could not afford to lose the woman at this time, where she's starting to fight for their love and needed her prescence. She got all the help she needed. Yongsun, Moonbyul, Sehun, and Seulgi got her back, and that's all she needs to start fighting. After a few moments, the call she has been waiting for finally arrived.

"Are you ready?"

"Absolutely."

"I've never heard you sound this excited. Perhaps you could share it with me?"

"You must be hearing things."

"I'm sure I'm not delusional enough to see that lovely smile that tells everything. Come down here. I'm also as excited as you."

"On second thought, why don't you climb up here?"

"What? Are you serious?"

"Why of course! It's not like it's the first time you've climbed up to sleep with me here. Hurry up."

"Are you sure?"

"Definitely."

And for the first time, Kang Seulgi found out that she's whipped.

~

"How's my love?" She asked as Joohyun wrapped her arms around her waist

"I-I'm good."

"How did your evening went?"

"It-it's good."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah."

"You know that you can tell me anything."

"I know."

"You seem troubled, my dear."

"R-really?"

"You tend to stutter a lot right now. A sign that you're lying."

"Lying?"

"And you repeat my words. That's another sign. I'm not mad and I won't be, so don't worry. You can tell me anything."

"My evening was good. Just had a little bad time, but not that bad to ruin the night."

"Yeah, so it seems."

"What do you mean?"

"Your dinner with him. Don't mistake me for a stalker. I was just buying dinner and a little food for us to share when I accidentally saw you."

"It's not what you think. He's just--"

"A friend of yours who happened to be the one your going to marry for business purposes. I know everything, Bae Joohyun, or should I say Irene. From the first night I snuck you out of your house, I already knew who you really were. I'm not stupid to ask someone I don't know out for a midnight stroll that easy. I was just waiting for you to actually tell

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter