How It All Started

Family Life with Adult EXO

The kids are sitting in the living room having been called in by their mother. Suho comes into the room, Kris, their father coming in not long after. They both sit on opposite sides of the couch raising suspicion from the oldest, Xiumin.

            “Kids, we have something we need to tell you.” Suho says. “Your father is leaving.”

            “What do you mean leaving?” Sehun asks.

            “I’m going back to China.” Kris says. “I won’t be around much anymore but I will try and visit as much as I can.” Luhan nearly in tears quickly stands up hugging Kris tightly.

            “You can’t leave!” Luhan says sniffling.

            “I have to. I will come back for you if you want me to. I just have to get everything in order.” Kris says.

            “Why?” Chen asks. “Why do you have to leave?”

            “It’s just better this way.” Kris says. “Your mother and I were fighting and things weren’t working out for me here at SM.”

            “Did we do something wrong?” Sehun asks.

            “No! No, of course not, Sehunnie.” Suho says. Xiumin and Kyungsoo both scoff.

            “He just doesn’t want any responsibility.” Kyungsoo says.

            “He’s always been a lousy father anyways! Kris the deadbeat Dad. You aren’t going to be missed.” Xiumin says. Suho stands up pointing at Xiumin.

            “That was uncalled for! Apologize right now!” Suho shouts. Xiumin just rolls his eyes.

            “I’m sorry you are such a bad father. I’m over it, whatever.” Xiumin says walking out of the room. Kris stops Suho from going after him.

            “Give him time.” Kris says.

            “Do you still love each other?” Chen asks.

            “Of course we do. It’s just…sometimes feelings change.” Suho says. “I will always love your father.”

            “When are you leaving?” Kyungsoo asks.

            “A couple of days.” Kris says.

            “You need help packing?” Tao asks.

            “Sure, Tao.” Kris says smiling. Suho sighs looking at Chanyeol and Baekhyun.

            “Please do not blame your father.” Suho says.

            “He promised, he promised he’d never hurt you. Leaving is going to hurt you.” Chanyeol says.

            “What about us? You are just going to leave us? Don’t you love us?” Baekhyun asks.

            “I do love you, kids. But I think it would be better if I left.” Kris says. “Better for all of us.”

And that is how it started. Kris left, both Luhan and Tao left to stay with their father and Suho was left being a single parent of eight adult children. What a ride it is, come join us on this adventure.