Dreams

Haunting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I lay in bed sleeping. 

3:00 a.m.

The witching hour, the time for dreams and nightmares and wishes.

My mind is like a pool of water at night, still and dark. But then a ripple spreads through the black body of liquid. 

I stand on the shore of a black ocean of blood. Your blood.

Suddenly a bright light flashes in the sky, the spark of a gun being shot. A scream rips through the quiet night scene and my eyes focus on the center of the water.

There you are, standing suspended just above the water blood pouring down your face frozen in a sobbing expression. I scream at the top of my lungs and rush into the water trying to get to you. 

The water seems to be pulling me away closer to the shore. You begin to fall into the water and I scream more ripping my vocal chords to shreds.

You fell into the water and suddenly I was able to move again. I swam quickly as far as I could, looking around frantically for you. 

I dive into the water searching for you. I get so caught up in trying to notice any flickers of movement that I don't notice I'm starting to sink.

I look up and suddenly there is water all above me and around me. It's everywhere. I turn around feeling something behind me and there you are, pale skin blood wafting from your body and your normally bright happy eyes now dead and lifeless. 

A sob escapes my lips and water replaces the air I held. I try to swim upwards suddenly needing air b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter