Some Love

By Your Side (Yeah)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yerim, please get me a thermal blanket.” Yerim nods and goes to the storage room right away.
Seulgi was out like a light. You check her temperature, it was too low. “What happened to her?” You ask Wendy who was worriedly standing beside Seulgi’s bed.

 


“She went into the water to check the patient’s conditions while waiting for the rescuers to arrive.” Her face looked grim as she explained. Seems like she wasn’t happy about Seulgi endangering herself too.

 


You sigh. “Is she always like this?” Yerim comes back with the thermal blanket and you help put it on Seulgi whose skin was so cold right now. But it looks like her condition wasn’t too serious. That doesn’t stop you from holding her hand longer than necessary anyway.

 


Wendy chuckles. “She’s too dedicated to her job, yeah.” 

 


You end up laughing with her. Even though you didn’t know Seulgi well, for some reason you already knew she was really passionate for her work just like you were with your own.

 


“She’ll be okay. Just have to warm her up more.” 
Wendy nods and you tear your gaze away from Seulgi. Every part of your body just wants to stay here with her right now but you had other duties to fulfill first.

 


“Joohyun-unnie, I’m done tapping the patient, she’s stable and I endorsed her to cardio- oh.” Sooyoung stops in her tracks once she opens the curtains and sees you and Wendy hovering over Seulgi. 

 


“Uhh, hi! You’re Wendy right?” Sooyoung extends her hand for a shake. “We haven’t met yet, I’m Park Sooyoung, intern.”

 


Wendy looks a little struck that Sooyoung introduced herself and slowly took her hand to return the shake. “Uhm, Son Seungwan, but yeah people call me by my English name most of the time.” She says still a bit dazed.

 


“I know.” Sooyoung gives her a smile that would probably have melted men and women on the spot but not Wendy apparently. You raise your eyebrow to Sooyoung the moment you two leave the area.

 


“What?” Sooyoung innocently asks.

 


“I know that smile Sooyoung, what are you up to now?”

 


“Nothing! I was just being friendly.” 

 


“Sooyoung, you literally broke three hearts yesterday when they simply wanted to be friends with you.” You deadpan.

 


“Ohh pssh. That was yesterday, I’m a changed woman.”

 


Just then one of the interns approached you two smiling brightly. “Hey Sooyoung do you want to go get dinn-“ 

 


“No.” Sooyoung cuts him off before he could even finish. “Let’s go unnie, the wards are waiting.” She smiles sweetly at you.

 


You scoff, poor guy. “Whatever you say Sooyoung.” Sometimes you wonder why Sooyoung was even your favorite intern. No matter how competent she was, you really do wonder why you let yourself be around her sometimes. You shrug, probably the Sooyoung effect. Yeah let’s leave it at that.

 

 


//

 

 


“Hey sleeping beauty, finally decided to wake up huh?” You groggily turn your head to look at the source of the voice. Wendy was sitting beside your bed smiling.

 


“How long was I out?” 

 


“Fifteen minutes to be exact.” Yerim informs you as she opens the curtains and comes in. “Just let me check your vitals then we can ask a doctor to check on you before you’re good to go.”

 


You just nod your head and comply. You’re feeling better at least. Though you don’t remember much during the time you were out. But you could still remember a warm lingering touch and a smooth voice. You start to wonder if it was Joohyun, you wish it was her.

 


“Seulgi-unnie, you’re daydreaming again.” Yerim comments with a sly grin.

 


“Shut up Yerim-ah.” 

 


“You two know each other?” Wendy points from you to Yerim.

 


“Yeah, she was my underclassman in high school.” You glare at Yerim. “And it seems that she’s still the same old little devil I know.”

 


“Awwhh thanks unnie.” Yerim gives you a sweet smile. But you won’t be fooled. This girl is not as innocent as she seems. “I’ll go call on Doctor Bae to give you a final check.”

 


“Wait, no! Not her!” It was too late as Yerim already leaves and Wendy holds you down to your bed. You just drop your head on your hands. This was so embarrassing. You already hated being a patient as it is but now having your crush as your doctor makes everything even worse.

 


“Why not me?” Joohyun coldly states as she draws the curtains apart. You slap yourself mentally before stuttering out an apology.

 


“No! N-no I didn’t mean anything bad with that.” You bite your lip, it was a nervous habit and you notice Joohyun still not looking up at you and instead focusing on your chart. “I’m sorry, I just really felt embarrassed by what happened.” You say with a shaky voice and no you are not going to cry in front of Joohyun. 

 


Too late you could feel yourself tearing up. “I’m sorry, please don’t hate me.” You even hiccup a bit. 

 


“Ahh Seulgi.” You hear Wendy’s worried voice but you were still too scared to look back up.

 


Joohyun sighs and you feel a warm hand pat your head gently. “Don’t cry, I’m not mad.” She says so tenderly you actually wanted to cry even more. “Seulgi-ah why are you still crying?” 

 


You try to compose yourself while Joohyun just continues to pat your head. Her touch was so warm and gentle, you could get used to this. Just then Joohyun dabs lightly on your tears with a handkerchief and you’re so surprised you end up staring at her with your mouth open.

 


Joohyun simply raises her eyebrow at you. “What? I just don’t want others to have the wrong idea. They might think I intentionally made you cry.” 

 


That makes you chuckle. You remember what Heechul said about Joohyun being an ice queen. If only the world could see this version of her. “Thank you and I’m sorry I really didn’t mean anything bad with what I said.”

 


“It’s okay, I was just teasing actually.” She smirks a bit then. “But on the brighter side, you’re cute when you cry too.”

 


That’s it, you’re dead, deceased. Someone please check your pulse. This doctor wasn’t a doctor, she kills patients with her charm and flirting. You cover your face with both hands hiding your quickly reddening face

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter