Five

Stronger Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dinner wasn't expensive since they just at ramen downstairs. Thankfully there was a small snack bar downstairs in the lobby across the restaurant. Myungeun offered to pay for him but he didn't want to make her do such things. That money was for her to use.

Myungeun still couldn't believe that Junhoe found her asleep outside. She remembered crying and drinking away her pain. Which usually isn't the best thing but she just wanted to block out everything and enjoy the night.

It had gotten chilly after a while, so she had the blanket wrapped up around her and before she knew it, she fell asleep.

Nothing was on purpose.

Back in the room, Junhoe was on the bed on his phone but he tossed it to the side and looked at Myungeun. She was getting her things ready for tomorrow and when she met eyes with Junhoe. He stayed looking at her for a moment. "What?"

He rubbed the back of his neck getting nervous and then held out his hand. "Come here."

She stopped what she was doing and went to him. She grabbed his hand and she sat on the bed along with him.

He sighed for a moment as he rubbed her knuckles with his thumb. "I have to tell you something and you're not going to like it."

Myungeun blinked at him for a moment and she waited for him to say it.

"When I was at your house, well your cousins..." He bit hit bottom lip for a second and just let the words slip. "I accidently blurted out about the pregnancy scare and he freaked out."

Myungeun widen her eyes and then closed them wishing that didn't happened but it did. "Well that's wonderful."

"I thought you told him." He asked moving back to lean against the pillow on the headboard.

"I was going too... but I just kept forgetting and then I saw the calendar for this week coming up and it kept me distracted so I -- " She stopped talking and put her head down. "How mad was he?"

Junhoe sighed and pulled her closer to him. "He punched me in face."

Myungeun opened her eyes and cupped his face. "What? Are you hurt? Does it hurt right now?"

He chuckled seeing her worry reaction and pecked her lips quickly. "I'm fine. Jinhwan and Myungsoo pushed him back."

"Myungsoo was there?" Myungeun widen her eyes more as it got her attention.

He nodded at her. "Along with Sungyeol and Sungjong."

"That leaves... Howon, Dongwoo and Sunggyu." Myungeun stayed in her thoughts for a moment.

Sunggyu has been spending time with his family, due to his enlistment days coming up. Dongwoo had been working hard at school and helping his family. Howon had decided to study aboard.

Myungeun knew her cousin's friends and knew they would do anything for her. She was grateful to know them and have them in her life.

"You know.. Sungjong was defending me a lot.. it was odd." Junhoe tilted his head to the side. "I don't know him well but he was basically on my side and he stopped the fight."

Myungeun cracked a smile and moved closer to him pressing her hands on his chest as he opened his legs for her settle between them. "Sungjong actually likes you and he has been watching you from a distance when we are together at school."

"What? When was this?" Junhoe raised his eye brows. "I feel violated.. someone watching me with you. What happened to privacy?"

"Not when your dating me. I have many eyes watching me for protection." Myungeun pecked his lips again and again as they enjoyed hearing the sound of their lips smacking together.

"Yeah well, he doesn't need to do that anymore. It's my job to protect you." Junhoe huffed as he wrapped his arms around her waist and heard her giggle.

They stayed in that position.

Myungeun rested her head on his chest and heard the sound of his heart beating fast. It was cute since she was the one doing that to him. A smile formed on her face as she got comfortable moving her cheek in place and sighed.

But Junhoe wasn't going to let her have her way just yet. He enjoyed their position but there was one thing he wanted to know and get cleared out from his head. If he didn't do it now, he will never know when he will get the chance.

"Jin?" He called out to her and kissed the top of her head.

She hummed upon hearing her nickname.

He kissed her head again. "Why didn't you tell me?"

Her eyes opened up on his question. She didn't move from her spot just yet.

"About your parents, when we started dating. When it was the death anniversary and everything else. Why did you keep it from me?" He felt as if he was pressuring her but he had to know.

Myungeun stayed in her spot before pushing herself up and went into a sitting position. She didn't say anything at first. She kept her lips at a fine line but she knew she couldn't keep it hidden forever. She felt the lump creating in and a few tears slid down her cheek. "I didn't want you to think I wanted attention and I... I didn't want to be a burden."

Burden?

Never!

He cupped her face and her soft cheek as it got wet with lines of her tears. He brought her head down and kissed her forehead. He saw her open her eyes and stare at him. "I never want you think you are a burden to me. Ever."

She let more tears slide down as she knew. "I just... I don't know this was something I wanted to do alone and when I got here.. it was just so hard and I broke from holding everything in and I wished I should have told you but... I... it was hard and --"

"Shh... Shh.. I'm here Jin. I'm right here." He pulled her into his chest and held her tightly letting her cry out. He shut his eyes and wished he knew about it sooner. He wished she had told him. He would have been here with her. He would have been with her while she cried so she didn't have to do it alone.

He held her as she shook crying again and she pulled away looking at him. Her cute round eyes were still adorable even if she was crying. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean too."

He shook his head and brought her closer and their foreheads touched. "Remember this Jin, we are stronger together if we are honest and open with each other."

She sniffled trying to calm herself and placed her hands on his wrists as he held her face. She nodded with her eyes closed.

"This right now, proves we are stronger together. Being separated, shows we have a hard time doing things alone. I get that we want to be independent but nothing is stronger than us being together. " He stayed holding her but he moved back to look at her. "Love is what makes us stronger and I'm pretty sure this is how we overcome obstacles with each other."

Myungeun let out laugh as more tears came out. "Just like when Bobby and Jeongyeon went through their obstacles?"

He raised one eyebrow at her. "You're going to start comparing us to them right now?"

She sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter