Chapter 2

Cater 2 U

“I’m home!”

Yeonjung greeted as she opens the door, her little sister went to her upon hearing her voice. Mina is just 4 years old and Yeonjung felt that she should work hard for her family.

She held Mina in her arms and went to the living room. Their home is just a simple apartment with 3 rooms. 1 for her, her parents and a small room for baby Mina.

She look around the house to look for her mother but it did not take that long for her to do as Soobin called her from the kitchen. The latter was busy cooking. Yeonjung offered help but Soobin declined the offer and asked her to play with Mina instead as they wait for dinner.

Few minutes later and it was done. Soobin called her daughters as she prepare the soulful she cooked for her family.

“Mom, where is dad?” Yeonjung asked.

“He said he will go home late” Soobin replied while feeding Mina.

“He seems to be going home late for days now”

“You know, ever since his business went bankrupt he becomes more stress”

“Don’t worry mom, I’m here to help”

Soobin smiled and encourage her daughter to eat. She is happy that Yeonjung understands and always there for her but Soobin fears that she might be thinking of them too much and forgets about her own happiness.

-0-

“Oh Doyeon is here” one of Doyeon friend’s said.

“Hey guys, what’s up!” Doyeon greeted while finding his seat.

“Nothing much, good thing you made it today” said his other friend.

“I needed some air to release stress, where’s Eunseo?”

“On the phone talking to his wife”

Doyeon looked at the direction where Eunseo was, he saw him in all smiles while talking to the phone. Eunseo just got married but he and his wife will have a kid soon. Among his friends, he is the only who’s been in a long-term relationship but no news of settling down.

Eunseo went back from his talk and sit across Doyeon who was busy chugging down some drinks. He noticed the his friend’s gloomy aura and knew for a fact that he is not in the mood for some jokes.

“Yow, how are you?” Eunseo asked Doyeon.

“Doing good, how’s Cheng Xiao?”

“Almost on her 7th month of being pregnant, she’s always looking for me but when I’m there she always want me out.”

“I will never understand pregnant women” commented one of their friend, Sejeong.

“Hyung, you are saying that after having two kids?” Doyeon reacted.

“Chungha was like that, she would always want me on her side, beg me not to go to work but if I’m there she screams at me to go out.”

All of them laughed at their friend’s story. Doyeon was listening and laughing along with them but somehow would also want to tell a story like that. He and Yeonjung been dating for a while now and would love to settle down but Yeonjung’s situation would not allow them, Yeonjung wants to help her family first before settling down.

“How about you Doyeon? When do you plan to get married? You and Yeonjung been dating for quite awhile now” asked Eunseo.

Doyeon sighed and looked down. He always wanted to but Yeonjung’s situation will not allow them. They’ve talked about that a lot but Yeonjung is not ready to settle down yet especially now that there financial situation is shaky.

“Yeonjung is not yet ready. We’ve talk about it but she would want to provide first for her family”

The sorrow in Doyeon’s voice could be felt that Sejeong and Eunseo had no choice but to change the topic. Their friend had changed a lot, settling down or committed relationship is not in Doyeon’s dictionary until Yeonjung came into his life.

The three of them started to drink more but Eunseo needed to go home as his wife been looking for him.

-0-

Yeonjung woke up from the noise in the living room. She scratches her eyes from the blurriness and stand up to check what it was. She saw her father on the dining table and Soobin busy pouring some water. She was about to go back when she heard her father shouted at Soobin.

“I told you to move fast!”

Soobin obeyed and give him the things he needed. Yeonjung could tell that her father is drunk. She stayed there for awhile and observed what was happening. His father’s temper went up again when Soobin accidentally dropped the utensils. A slap on Soobin’s face woke the heck out of Yeonjung. She rushed into the scene and shielded her mother from her drunken father.

“Stop it dad!” she pleaded.

“Don’t interfere with me and your mother, get out!”

She was forcefully thrown in the kitchen counter where she accidentally hit her arm on the sink. She stood up and covers her crying mother only to be fit by his father. She moved quickly and pushed his father away from her mother. Her father stopped eventually and went to their room.

“Mom, are you okay?”

“Yes, did you get hurt?”

“Nope, since when is dad hurting you mom?”

Soobin kept mum and just cried. She’s been experiencing domestic violence whenever her husband is drunk. It has gotten worst when his husband business went bankrupt. Yeonjung stayed with her mom and comfort her. She did not know this side of her father.

Yeonjung offered Soobin to stay on her room but the mother declined as she knows it will just cause another problem if her dad found out that she’s not on his side. Yeonjung agreed and just let it go. She thought maybe his father is just drunk and stress.

---------0---------

A/N: A bit short chapter but I hope you got to see the point of the story. More drama upcoming. Stay tuned ^_^