II.

troubled
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

snoopy [6:48 AM, Sat] : kun hyung you ing

snoopy [6:48 AM, Sat] : why him?!

kun [6:50 AM, Sat] : oh i know you love me, woo ;)

kun [6:51 AM, Sat] : why him? secret. 😂 sorry not sorry, jungwoo. HAHAHA

dotokki [6:51 AM, Sat] : what happened?

kun [6:52 AM, Sat] : I'll tell you on monday, doyoung! This is nice~

snoopy [6:56 AM, Sat] : I hate you

snoopy went offline

 

“So, here are the rules in this room. Don't you dare break one of it or else I'll throw you out of here.” Jungwoo says, as he shoves the paper on Yukhei's front. The Chinese guy looks at him. “Do you really hate me that much? Why is there a ‘don't be noisy’ and ‘refrain yourself from bringing loud friends’?”

“Isn't it obvious? Duh. I don't want loud people.” Jungwoo rolls his eyes. He place two bowls for each of them and open the lid of the tupperware in the table. Yukhei's eyes widen. “Woah, man. That's my favorite.”

“Then eat it.” Jungwoo pushes it to Yukhei's side. The other shakes his head then pushes it to the center. “We have to eat it both.” Yukhei then equally separates the food to his and Jungwoo's bowls. 

Jungwoo doesn't say anything, he stares at the heat up food and sighs. He eats a spoonful. He do notice the light of happiness in the other's eyes as he eat the food. They eat in silence and Jungwoo can feel the aura surrounding them.

“Are you usually this quiet?” The newcomer asks, as he takes a spoon full of the soup. Jungwoo nods at him, not looking up from his bowl. “Man, it's very useful if you have a big mouth.”

Jungwoo scoffs. “It isn't. It just causes noise.” Yukhei feels offended as he place a hand on his chest but nonetheless, he chuckles. It caused Jungwoo's confusion, with an eyebrow up. “What's funny?”

“Oh, nothing.” Yukhei laughs a little again. Jungwoo shrugs. Then after that, no one bothers to speak. 

 

Jungwoo spends the day listening to his playlists. Good thing that Yukhei didn't bother him at any cost. It'll cause a great dilemma. He is on the couch, earphone plugged in on his ears and reading a book that he borrowed from the library. It's nothing related to academics, it's all about a love that had been unrequited from the start to the middle but then had a happy ending. He sighs in relief when he close the book. It has been a very long read but he, at least, enjoyed. 

He glances when the door of Yukhei's door creaked. It reveals the guy, only in his boxers. Jungwoo looks away so suddenly. Should he be used to it? “Uhm. I'm gonna look for a snack to eat?” His roommate blurts out although he isn't asked. 

He nods as a response and straighten his figure to face his back on the other as Yukhei is searching for his said food. He knows that Kun bought some for him but then, he doesn't mind. Kun said that sharing is caring and Yukhei is his cousin so Jungwoo can't do anything. He needs to be that nice (but still, he isn't that nice) inside their dorm even though he hates the guy.

“Hey, uh? Jungwoo?” Yukhei appears on his side. 

He rolls his eyes before answering, “What?”

“Why is there a on the cabinet?” 

“ing hell, Kun hyung.” Jungwoo whispers as he blushes instantly and madly. It's so sudden. He thought Kun removed that thing in that sinful cabinet. He sighs. He shakes his head at Yukhei so the guy shrugs and goes on his room.

 

snoopy [5:17 PM, Sat] : kun hyung you. WHY DIDN'T YOU REMOVE THAT THING ON THAT CABINET?!

kun [5:19 PM, Sat] : oh. I forgot. I'll be fetching that aside from my computer. Sorry hehehe

snoopy [5:19 PM, Sat] : it isn't even nice to see!

kun [5:21 PM, Sat] : someone said it gives luck so I tried! 

snoopy [5:22 PM, Sat] : ugh who even said that. probably an idiot.

kun [5:25 PM, Sat] : so doyoung is an idiot welp 

snoopy went offline

 

It has been an hour and Jungwoo frowns as he reads the reply Kun sent (he only read that after one hour and sone minutes). It's already 6:35 in the evening. He turns his phone off and spreads his arms on the couch. It's frustrating that Yukhei saw that thing. He huffs before standing up and going in his room. He is about to open his door when he hears someone shouting from outside. He groans.

“Jungwoo! Open the door!” They might have thought that Kun is his ex-boyfriend who's willing to do everything just for Jungwoo to go out and they'll have a heart to heart talk. He steps his feet up to the door and open it. “Shut up, hyung.” He mutters that makes Kun pout.

“I'll be fetching my computer and that —” Jungwoo feels the blush creeping into his face at the mention of that thing and he rushes to push the older inside. “Stop saying that, hyung. Pick your computer up and that— that thing fast!”

“Whatever you say, you little panicked gay— soft boy.” Kun chuckles and pats his head. Jungwoo irritatedly removes Kun's hand away from his hair and slightly punches him. “Well, are you being harsh to my cousin? Where is he, by the way?” The other asks.

“Guess.” Jungwoo sticks his tongue out. “He's on his room, I suppose. After that cond— that thing incident, he didn't go outside.” Kun shakes his head with a smile and they walk towards the kitchen. Jungwoo waits for the older to walk outside.

When Kun is by his side again, he let him go on his old room to grab his computer that he disassemble and put in a box. Jungwoo hears the loud voice of Yukhei again and he can't help but cover his ears. Kun comes back with his things in hand. He put it down and sits beside Jungwoo. “I'll just stay here for minutes, I guess.”

“Pft. What will you do here, hyung?” Jungwoo looks at the clock. It is almost seven. 

“Xuxi will treat me a great dinner.” Kun shrugs. Jungwoo gets confused easily so, “Who is Xuxi?” He asks. The brown haired male points at Yukhei's room and now is the only time Jungwoo minds it.

“Xu-shi? As in sushi? Japanese food? Is he a food?” Kun enthusiastically laughs while shaking his head. He covers his hand on his lips to keep himself from laughing more. “Xuxi. X-U-X-I. We have different ways of pronouncing his name. The Mandarin one and Cantonese.” Jungwoo's jaw drops.

“Eh? Your languages are really hard to understand.” Kun ruffles his hair and smiles. Yukhei goes out minutes after with his hair a mess. Jungwoo nods at the black haired boy in front of him. “Go now, hyung. You'll have a dinner, right?”

Kun stands from his comfortable sitting place, but then, Jungwoo is surprised that the latter holds his hand and persuades him to stand up. He does. “Hyung—”

“Oh shush. Make this as your welcoming party for Yukhei.” Kun winks before pulling him to go out of the dorm. Yukhei is already outside, fixing his self. “Hey—” He tries on protesting but Kun is better than him.

“No excuses, little .” Kun tighten his grip on his wrist and they set off, riding a cab with Jungwoo sulking around about how he'll go to a dinner with one specific loud mouthed guy and one specific er of a friend.

 

--

 

Yukhei doesn't mind eating with Jungwoo. As long as the guy won't huff or scoff or even yell on him. The only ones that are talking is him and Kun. Jungwoo don't even have the guts to speak. Mind you, Yukhei likes to be loud, but he doesn't want to cause a war here between him and Jungwoo (but he knows he won't fight against the other).

“Xuxi, I'll be going to the bathroom.” Kun stands and leaves them two. Yukhei gulps when he sees Jungwoo glaring at him. What did he do? He looks away and just focused himself on his food like it's the most interesting thing for the day.

When the glare resides, Yukhei silently curses and sighs. Kun, you better come back quick. He thought. He tries to resist the urge of looking back at Jungwoo, and it is a success. 

He eats his food quietly, while Jungwoo does the same. Kun has not yet to come back and Yukhei begins to worry. Jungwoo notice his state yet he still stayed quiet. He already finished his meal and fetches his phone to call on his cousin. After a good five rings, Kun answered it.

“Have fun with Jungwoo!” Yukhei doesn't get it so he scrunches his face in confusion. “What?” He asks.

“I'm already at my dorm. Don't worry, I have finished my dinner.” What. Yukhei almost drop his phone. He couldn't answer so Kun laughs at the other line.

“Have fun! Oh, I'll be informing Doyoung about this!” Good thing that the call isn't on speaker or else, he would be already beaten up by Jungwoo. “You fat Kun.” Yukhei must be gone wild.

“Bye, Xuxi! You'll treat me again because you called me fat Kun! Thank me soon!” Then the older hangs up. Yukhei massages his temples and looks at Jungwoo, who is stabbing his left meat out of boredom. “Uh, Kun hyung already went home.”

“Okay.” Jungwoo stands up but he stayed on where he is. “Pay, I'll go outside and wait for you.” The other says before walking out of the restaurant. Yukhei does pay, and goes out to see Jungwoo sitting on the pavement.

Jungwoo does not need to be notice on his arrival, as he stands up and walks, leaving Yukhei from where he is. But then, Yukhei follows him. Jungwoo hails a cab and they both go inside.

The whole ride isn't good as what Yukhei thought it will be. They're only silent, just the whistle of the driver accompanied them. As they are nearing their dorm, Yukhei looks at his phone again. Kun sent him some pictures. 

“What the .” He mutters when he finally sees it. Jungwoo's pictures from Kun. He dodges the screen when the other looks at him. He knows that Jungwoo will roll his eyes but then, he proceeds to look at the last picture, feeling amazed at the beauty before his eyes. It is Jungwoo, smiling. Ethereal.

“You're smiling like an idiot.” That makes him broke out of his little reverie. “Excuse me?”

“Sorry, there's no space for me to move.” Yukhei just wants to bang his head on the window. Jungwoo does seem to be proud of what he said. Yukhei swears he's going to die early because of Jungwoo.

Their cab arrived at their place. “Thank you, Mr.” Yukhei hands the driver their payment and goes up to open the door of their dorm. Jungwoo trails behind him while sneezing. “Eh.” He hears the other.

Yukhei would like to laugh but he doesn't want to be shutted up in this time. He had enough for the rest of the day. He would just like to snuggle on his favorite plushie, a slightly big Pusheen. Jungwoo walks inside his room and shut his door. Yukhei does the same and dreamily steps to his bed, where his stuffed toy waits. “Baby~” He named it baby. For goodness' sake.

 

--

 

Sunday came and Yukhei just wants to spend his day well. He got up early and tried to cook a decent breakfast for them. Now, he's sitting on the chair by the dining table and happily eating his omelette in fork. No signs of Jungwoo waking up, so he can enjoy a little bit of his time.

After he has eaten, he goes on the small couch by the small living room (the dorm is quite large for them; like an apartment and so the pay is pricey). He open the television and snuggles himself against the cute pillow on his side. 

The screen flashes a lot of commercials, as he exclaims, “Boring.” He thought of inviting Mark over and they'll play on his xbox but Jungwoo does made a list and once he break a rule, he's over. He thought of just caging himself in his room and play on his laptop but he bet he'll be loud too, so no.

He continuously searches for a channel that is interesting enough to watch but unfortunately, none. He just slumps on the couch and turns the television off. 

An hour passed, he hears the door of his roommate open. Jungwoo is stretching. Yukhei sits up straight and beams at the other. “Breakfast is on the microwave oven!” He says. Jungwoo, as expected, doesn't answer him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter