I.

troubled
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Another day, another pain on his back. He's sitting on a studying station near their field. Jungwoo stretches his arm sidewards while yawning. He just got tired on reviewing his notes. Nothing much. He doesn't have any exams later, though, but he feels like he needed to review it. He fetches his phone on the side of the table and sees twenty-two unread messages from his roommate, Kun.

“Hmm?” He scrolls down the messages, Kun is just sending him such things like how Taeyong's cheeks got red because Ten kissed him or how Jaehyun lifted Doyoung up to escape from the detention, an hour ago. In short, what he have seen from their friends, like, an update of the happenings in them. But something catches his attention, the latest message. Kun sent him a picture of a guy, with his text in Chinese. He can't really understand the text since he didn't know how to read nor speak it. 

Then, comes another message from Kun. The guy is saying sorry, that he is about to send it to Sicheng but instead, he sent it to him accidentally. He replies that it is okay, and nothing to worry about. “Hey, Woo!” Someone shouted from his side. He jumps from his seat, shocked.

“Oh, sorry ‘bout that.” Doyoung, the who scared him, chuckles. He earns a glare from the other. “Seriously, sorry, Jungwoo.” Still, Jungwoo doesn't move from his seat to look at Doyoung. The black haired male is about to touch Jungwoo's hand when the younger glares at him, again.

“You could have approached me nicely, hyung.” The younger says. Doyoung shrugs before throwing a crumpled piece of paper to Jungwoo. “It's not like I killed you, Woo, duh.” Doyoung rolls his eyes.

Jungwoo ignores him and starts to pack his things up. When he's done, he immediately stands up and doesn't even bother to look at Doyoung, who scrambles his way to follow him. He secretly laughs. “Jungwoo!”

“Go to Jaehyun hyung if you don't have anything to do, Doyoung hyung.” Jungwoo exclaims, still walking. He hears Doyoung muttering a curse before he feels a hand grabbing his wrist. “I still have something to tell you.” Doyoung says.

“Shoot.”

“Someone transferred here and he will be in your class. He is Kun's cousin. Better be nice to him, Woo, huh?” Jungwoo rolls his eyes. Doyoung knows that if he doesn't like one specific person, he'll be on full hate towards that guy or girl. Well, he just couldn't take that away from him.

“Yeah,” Jungwoo answers, gripping his books and Doyoung waves at him before running across the hall. He sighs. Then walk again. He'll probably meet the new guy later.

 

It isn't expected that his one afternoon class will be canceled. His other class will be at three in the afternoon and it's only one o'clock so he have a free hour. He knows that the new student will be introduced later at the last subject. All he need to do is go to the library and sulk on the farthest table with a phone and book in his hand. So he does.

He called on Kun, who he knows the only person who don't have any class at one. “Hey, Jungwoo.” Kun sits on the opposite chair, with a box of biscuits in his hand. Jungwoo does weirded out when he heard that their library is open with food (but specifically, just all kinds of biscuits) and water. Well, maybe they know that students are studying hard to pass their exams and never had the time to buy their food outside.

“Hi, Kun hyung. I heard that you have a cousin transferring here?” He says, while opening up the box Kun gave him. The older nods. “Yeah. He'll gonna attend your class later. He's still at the office.” Jungwoo hums and takes a bite of the biscuit between his fingers.

“Does he know how to speak Korean?”

“Definitely. We learned Korean together and he's just rich so he enrolled at an all boys private school. I don't know why he decided to transfer here.” 

“I bet he's also quiet like you.” That makes Kun choke on his biscuit, earning a confused look from Jungwoo. Kun chuckles while shaking his head. “You'll see, later.” 

 

Jungwoo runs, like his life depended on it. He forgot about the time. Kun and him are on the same boat, probably. It's already 2:59. Exactly 3:10, he arrived at their room, only to find that he's really late. “Mr. Kim, why are you late?” His teacher asks with matching crossed arms.

He clears his throat and mutters, “I went to the bathroom and I forgot about the time, Mrs. Lee.” The woman deeply sighs and motions him to sit. There's no sign of the new student, Jungwoo notice. He wanders his eyes around the room, it's so unpleasant to see that the girls are wearing uniforms that are too short for their figure. Jungwoo snorts.

The door opens, revealing a tall guy. “Sorry, Mrs. Lee.” The guy apologizes, bowing his head. The girls on his side squeals, while he cover his hands on his ears. He shakes his head, then proceeds to look at the guy in front. He's really tall, Jungwoo must say. He's handsome and have a good figure. The new guy is obviously a boy just from his looks, Jungwoo thinks.

Jungwoo's thoughts crash when he sees that the new guy winked on every girl he glanced at. He scoffs, he's right. He already hates the guy on his first day. “boy.” He murmurs, then focuses his eyes on his table. “Please introduce yourself, Mr. Wong.”

“Sure. I'm Wong Yukhei.” The guy, Yukhei, bows. Their teacher frowns at his short introduction but nonetheless, she tells him to sit wherever he feels that he's comfortable. Now that Jungwoo realizes, he is one among those students that doesn't have any seatmate. It's what you call, unlucky.

Yukhei glances around, to search for a seat. “No, not here please.” Jungwoo prays, when the guy's eyes landed on his spare seat. Yukhei smiles before walking towards him. Jungwoo really thinks that this is his unlucky day. “Hi.” The guy greets him.

Jungwoo feels himself sinking into his seat. He doesn't answer, instead, he bows his head. “I'm Yukhei. Kun hyung's cousin. He's your friend, right?” He sees a hand on his front. He doesn't take it nor even answer him again, making the other pout. Yukhei extends his arm more. Even though he's Kun's cousin, Jungwoo doesn't care, as long as he hates the guy.

“Hey?” Jungwoo rolls his eyes then just take the hand. “Your name?” Yukhei asks.

“Jungwoo.” He tighten his grip on Yukhei's hand making the the latter yelp in pain. Their teacher glances at them with her eyebrow up but then, she proceeds to continue the discussion.

 

--

 

Since it's their free time, they are on a place near their soccer field. “Kun hyung, your friend hates me.” Yukhei whines at his cousin, who only shrug at him. “I can't do something about that, Yukhei.” Kun answers, as he fiddle with Sicheng's hair. Jungwoo is not with them since he needed to go to the library and maybe to avoid the one he hates too.

“What did I do to him?” Yukhei sighs, resting his hands on his lap. Sicheng softly laughs. “He's really like that. If he doesn't like you, then, he hates something about you. He's a strong hater, if his hate really go on a full level, expect that he'll don't let you see him or even let you talk to him.” The youngest frowns.

“Is that so?” He asks. The two nod. Yukhei pouts then open his phone. Maybe he'll just entertain his self. Jaehyun and Doyoung arrives, with foods on their hand. “What happened to him?” Jaehyun asks when he saw Yukhei's pouty face. Kun and Sicheng laughs at him before answering the guy.

“He's like that because Jungwoo hates him.” The three laughs at his misery, while Doyoung scoffs.

“I hate all of you, man!” Yukhei shouts, then stand up to leave the four guys there. 

 

Jungwoo is about to delete the message Kun sent, the one with the picture, when he realizes that the guy is Yukhei. He's an idiot for not remembering it. He shakes his head then presses the delete button. He doesn't need that on his phone. He picks the book up and starts to read it.

“You know, man, I really hate them!” He hears someone shouted. He wants to shush them but he doesn't know where that voice came from. He hears a loud laugh, and his patience starts to drop. He hates studying with that kind of loud people inside the library. Where's the librarian, anyway? He huffs.

Someone scolds them, making Jungwoo sigh in relief and continues on his studying. After minutes, there goes the guy again, with that never ending rambling about how he hated his cousin and his friends. Jungwoo feels familiar about the voice. He knows that he have heard it before.

“Man, they just laughed at me!” The guy shouts again. If Jungwoo can just shoo them away, but he's not the librarian. But he thought, he could do everything, right? Those people like that doesn't have the right to enter the library. They'll only cause the hardworking students to be angry. “He really hated you?! HAHAHA!” Jungwoo covers his ears with his hands.

“Yeah, man. I don't even know what I did to him.” Jungwoo huffs again. He's really angry right now. He stands from his seat and find those loud mouthed guys. “I can't believe him!” He follows that voice until he lands at the table of two guys, one rambling and one laughing.

Jungwoo irritatedly shoves his books on the table making the guys look at him. He doesn't expected that it's Yukhei. So that's why his voice sounded familiar to Jungwoo's ears. But he keeps his position and glares at them. “Can you please be quiet?! There are people studying here! If you'll just laugh and ramble here, go out!” His hate towards this guy seems to higher itself because of Yukhei, himself. First of all, Jungwoo hates boys and second, he hates loud people. Yukhei have that in him. 

“Woah, easy there, man.” Yukhei mumbles while Jungwoo rolls his eyes. He really hates the guy's guts. “Please, go before I throw you out of anger. Even if I'm not the librarian.” The other guy, Mark, just laughs at him. Jungwoo gets more irritated and glares at Yukhei. 

“Go. Out.” He grits his teeth. Yukhei gulps, but doesn't bother to stand up. They really tested his patience. Jungwoo pinches their ears, making them wince at the pain and pulls them outside the library. Only note from Jungwoo's friends, never make him be angry on a full level.

“Aww!“ Yukhei tries his best to remove the fingers that are pinching his ear. It really hurts him. When they reached where the librarian is, Jungwoo nods at her before throwing out the two and shuts the door close. The other students look at the quiet scholar with eyes covered in fear. For those who frequents in the library are shocked, because this is the only time Jungwoo bursted like that. He sighs and goes back on his table to read again. No more disturbance. 

He tries to read more, but his head feels empty. He doesn't want to study anymore. His mood is ruined by that transferee and his Canadian friend. He ruffles his hair and frustatedly groans. “I saw that. Having a hard time?” A voice comes beside him. He nods, not giving a to face the guy because he clearly knows who is it.

“Let's just go out, hyung. I'll buy you ice cream.” A hand tugs on his wrist, pulling him up. When he face the guy, “Thanks, Donghyuck.” The younger let him fix his things first before they go out of the library. He sees the two, Yukhei, who looks like a lost puppy and his eyes trailing on Jungwoo while Mark laughs at him. Jungwoo gives him a glare, then, Yukhei averts his eyes away from him.

“What brought you on the library, Hyuck?” He asks.

“I don't know, actually.” Donghyuck shrugs, while fixing the strap of his bag. Jungwoo knows that the younger isn't the 'library-frequents' student. He just got that curious so he asked. “I was entertained when you dragged those annoying, loud mouthed guys.”

Jungwoo nods angrily, “I'm really mad at them! You know when you're studying then

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter