Chapter One

DI-VERSE [BTS x READER]

“What do you want?” Park (y/n), or Shani, groaned, pushing away a hand that woke her up from her slumber.

“For you to get up. It’s 11:00 already!” her friend Soo Min stuffed a pillow in her face.

“No thank you, I’m trying to sleep right now, we don’t have anything today and I plan to take advantage of that,” (y/n) mumbled, rolling over.

“But I’m livestreaminnnggg,” she whined. (Y/n) shot up.

“WHAT?”

“Say hi to the fans!” she grinned.

“SOOMIN-UNNIE!” (y/n) screamed. “DON’T VIDEOTAPE ME, I’M STILL IN MY PAJAMAS AND MY HAIR’S A MESS! TURN IT OFF!”

She laughed and turned away. “While we wait for our dear maknae to get dressed, let me show you around a bit more.”

 

“Hey, DI-VERSE is on livestream!” Park Ji Min (Jimin) yelled down the hallway to his friends.

“No way, really?” Kim Tae Hyung (V) ran into the room to see the laptop. “Whoa, they really are!”

“They’ve never done a livestream before!” Jimin nodded, grinning. “Well, they are somewhat of a rookie group but they’ve been extremely successful.”

A band called DI-VERSE had recently joined Big Hit and released their first audio and then the MV. The song was called ‘Independent You’ The audio reached 24 million views in two weeks and the MV was currently at over 80 million, makings its way to 100. It was a five member band with three boys and two girls, something you didn’t see very often in K-Pop.

That was probably one of the main reasons they got so popular so quickly, but their songs were also very good. An album, ‘Boundaries’, had been released and they’d begun work on their next project.

The members of BTS had found this band and liked it quite a bit.

“We’re weird people,” Kim Nam Joon (Rap Monster) shook his head in disbelief. Here they were, BTS, watching another band’s livestream as if they were fanboys of it.

Maybe they were. (YES I KNOW HE CHANGED HIS NAME PLZ DON’T RIDICULE ME I’M GONNA USE ALL THREE LOL *RM *Rap Monster *Rap Mon)

 

“Are you still recording?” (y/n) asked. “Why are we doing this even?”

Soomin, or Mina, turned the camera to her and replied, “We’re doing a question and answer!”

 

Jeon Jeong-guk (Jungkook) practically choked on his cereal. “A question and answer?”

 

“Where are we getting the questions from?” (y/n) frowned.

“Ah, that’s the catch!” Soomin said, setting the camera down on the table and jumping in front of it. “Here’s the best part everyone! We are going to be answering questions straight from the livestream chat box, so post your questions and we’ll read them out along with a shoutout! The boys are on their way over right now so let’s get ready!”

 

“This’ll be interesting,” Min Yoon Gi (Suga) leaned forwards and towards the computer.

 

Ding-dong.

“The boys are here!” Soomin announced. (Y/n) groaned and lay her head on the table.

“Hi everyone,” she said sarcastically to the camera, obviously sleepy. “I know I sound a bit rude right now but c’mon, you’ve got to know what it’s like to wanna sleep but your outgoing extrovert friend won’t let you at all.”

She stretched and continued, yawning. “I could sleep all day.” She smiled sheepishly to the camera and handed it to Soomin.

“Morning, (y/n)-ah,” Cho Dae Hyun, or I.B, walked into the room. She didn’t reply.

 

“She’s that sleepy?” Jung Ho Soek (J-Hope) laughed. Kim Seok Jin (Jin) shushed him so they could continue watching.

 

“Taeyeon-oppa,” (y/n) whined, ignoring Daehyun and giving Taeyeon, or Junny a big hug. He laughed and winked at Daehyun.

“Okay everyone, let’s get started!” Soomin exclaimed excitedly.

“QUESTION ONE!” Yong Joon, or Joon, yelled dramatically. “From… wait this is an English username.”

Kittykat110,” (y/n) said.

“What she said!” he grinned.

“Get on with the question, Joon-oppa,” (y/n) groaned.

“Alright, she asks, how did you all meet?

“Ah! Simple!” Daehyun flung his hands into the air. “Joon and I knew each other in high school!”

“Yeah!” Joon grinned. “He was a NERRDD!”

“I met them all after the auditions,” Soomin and (y/n) shrugged.

“Me too. Next question!” Taeyeon smiled.

“From worldwidehandsome3,” (y/n) paused and burst out laughing.

 

“Why’s she laughing?” Jin grumbled, thinking the fan’s account had an amazing name.

 

“What’s so funny?” Soomin asked.

“Sorry, sorry,” (y/n) said. “It’s just, that’s a reference to Jin from BTS!”

“Oh, that really popular boy band?” Daehyun asked. “I wonder if we’d ever get to meet them.”

“I actually haven’t listened to many of their songs. I wonder if they’re watching us right now,” Taeyeon questioned.

“Just because we’ve made it on the charts doesn’t mean we should start dreaming that big yet!” (y/n) yelled, covering his mouth.

 

The BTS group just sat there in shock.

“WHOA, THEY RECOGNIZED US!” Jungkook yelled. “AND THEY THINK WE’RE A BIG BAND!”

 

“Anyway, this question is ‘what’s the story behind your stage names?” (y/n) read. Soomin started to snicker and Taeyeon hid his face.

“I’ll go first, let’s save the best for last!” Yongjoon said, slapping Taeyeon on the back. “My stage name, Joon, is obviously just because of my name! I shortened it!” he smiled and made a peace sign.

“Ah, don’t do that Joon-oppa, it looks weird and cringey,” (y/n) said.

“You go next, then!”

She sighed and faced the camera. “My stage name is Shani because it’s the name of one of my original characters from a drawing,” she said, a bit embarrassed.

“Mine is Mina because it was my childhood nickname!” Soomin said.

“I’m I.B because...” Daehyun paused. “Do I even have a reason for my name?”

“I don’t think so, you were sorta just putting random letters together to see what fit,” Soomin shrugged.

“FINALLY, OUR DEAR TAE!” (y/n) shrieked, full of excitement either just from the fun of it or because she couldn’t wait to shame him.

 

“That’s so weird to hear,” Jin chuckled, looking at Taehyung, who was grimacing.

 

“Can… I not?” Taeyeon murmured, still hiding his face. (Y/n) grinned.

“Nope! We all just told ours, so you have to also!”

“BUT MINE IS EMBARRASSING!” he wailed.

“Then choose something better!”

“I can’t think of anything!” Taeyeon pouted.

“Go, Taeyeon-oppa,” Soomin groaned.

He turned to the camera. Comments were flooding in the livestream, commenting on what could possibly be so embarrassing about a stage name.

“I’ll do it,” Yongjoon sighed. He grabbed the camera and smiled at it, a mischievous glint in his eyes. “Alright, so our dear ‘Junny’s’ stage name sounds like bunny in English, right?”

 

“I can already see where this is going,” Taehyung smirked.

 

“Back then, he used to be obsessed with bunnies and rabbits and anything cute!” (y/n) gave a huge gummy smile, spreading her arms out for extra flair. “He’d come up to me and squeeze my cheeks saying that they looked like mochi!”

“Ah, a comment’s come in!” Soomin said. “From xShuxx(BTW guys I’m literally taking these names and switching them up from Zen Kun’s Nightcore live stream :p and guess what they’re talking about rn? BTS MEMBERS LOL kmn) If he likes bunnies and cute stuff, does that mean he likes BTS’s Jungkook?”

“Eh?” (y/n) frowned. “Jung… kook..?”

Another comment had filed in.

Shiro - ‘Jungkook, BTS, Jungkookie, maknae, everyone loves him, little bunny smile!’

“So one of their members is a bunny. Cool,” Yongjoon shrugged. “Back on topic…!”

 

Jungkook just stared at the screen as his bandmates nudged him. “They… wow.” he stammered, embarrassed and sort of proud.

 

“So basically, he had his obsession with bunnies and EVERYTHING was on that topic!” Daehyun said. “His room, his sheets, his screen saver, his underwear.

"HEY, DAEHYUN!” (y/n) screeched, slapping him on top of the head. “I THOUGHT IT WAS JUST THE BUNNY SLIPPERS AND BEDSHEETS AND TOOTHBRUSHES! Why do you know what his underwear looked like!?”

“Nothing!” Daehyun’s eyes widened and he hid his face.

“People have begun shipping you guys,” Soomin snickered. “Maybe this will top out Soohyun!”

“Who the fu-” (y/n) began before Yongjoon snapped ‘LANGUAGE!’

She shook her head and corrected herself. “Whom the fuc-” “NO!” Yongjoon screamed.

“WHO THE HECK!” (y/n) threw her hands into the air. “IS SOOHYUN?

“It’s Daehyun and my ship name,” Soomin replied. “I figured it out while reading some fanfictions online.”

“You read fanfictions?” Taeyeon asked, finally speaking after the bunny topic, which BTS realized had been completely abandoned and unfinished.

“Not really,” Soomin admitted. “I was just looking at the fan accounts to see what works they do based on us. There’s a lot of interesting works, and some of them are very good, but it can be a bit weird to see our names being shipped with each other or random people.”

“A bunch of comments are coming in asking have you come across any lemons yet?

“What’s a lemon?” (y/n) asked.

Soomin looked a bit pale.

“Do not read lemons, my children. Aaaand we’re out.”

 

“Lemon? That’s a fruit,” Jungkook said, genuinely confused. They all shrugged.

None of them knew what it was.

“Apparently it’s bad, so let’s leave that be.”