prelude

名無し [Nanashi]

"it's a cruel thing,
life's beaten me down
i'm only hitting back with a half-ounce fist
I saw all this happening,
while just lying there "

- CHAGE & ASKA (Love Song)

 

She left him lying on the ground in the cold of reality. His eyes cracked open, lips parting to release a shaky breathe.
She was walking right before his eyes, but everything seemed to be happening in a blur. His vision was restrained, scanty, yet it didn't stop the unbelievably cold feeling that grazed his insides and settled there. He looked up meeting her gaze.


All he saw was hollow emptiness.


He forced himself to look at her. To focus his vision on her. He couldn't read her. Maybe there wasn't anything to read. Just nothing. Perhaps this was nothing to her. His heart constricted at the sight and he tore his eyes away from her, letting them fall to her feet. He tried to distract himself, scrambling to breathe. He felt his face wet from a warm liquid that flowed down his cheeks.


Tears.


He had never liked appearing weak, but laying there he could only think about the pain torturing him. The nerves in him wrecked as the emotions got caught in his throat, that ached with his confined sobs. It was driving him insane. Like poison seeping under his skin and clawing at him.
A venomously delicate feeling.


He choked out her name and she watched him struggle to contain himself. He cried out at the pain the action caused, watching as she began to disappear. A smile marked her features as if apologizing. He shuddered in terror.
He was terrified. Incredibly terrified. He had known all along that this day would come. He was supposed to be prepared. He wanted to be prepared. Yet...


He closed his eyes shut and waited. The pain increasing by a tiny fraction every moment. Until it stopped. His body went numb as the pain vanished along with her.


It pained him yet, he wished for her return. Even if she wouldn't care to comfort him.