My Yeoja-Chinggu

Somewhere along the way

 

He liked Jihyo as a roommate, jinjja. But he thinks it already got to the point where she got so comfortable, that she started parading around the house in just short shorts and tank top. Don’t get him wrong, he really liked that, but maybe he liked it too much.

 

It’s not like he wanted to think of her that way.

 

In fact he thinks so highly of her. That’s why he’s feeling guilty when those thoughts came to him suddenly.

 

He likes to joke around with her, yeah, but he wouldn’t actually do anything. Or would he?

 

They’re friends. Hell, she must not think of him that way too if she’s too comfortable around him. But the ache in his pants had gone on for too long.

 

Especially recently. Their company is currently facing some scandal this month. Not that big of a deal, they’re not in big trouble yet, but it’s not that small of a deal, that they should just ignore it. He had to step in for his brother too, since he had some deal to close in another country.

 

Anyway, the point is that he only got home one weekend after two weekends of not being able to. He had hoped to finally get some rest that evening. Then he saw her. She’s just lying down the sofa, watching tv with her running shorts and her shirt slightly riding up just enough to expose her well-toned is that abs?

 

He gulped, suddenly realizing that it’s been too long since he had spent a night with a woman.

 

“Hey, you’re home.” She noticed, sitting up to make space for him. “I thought you wouldn’t be back tonight as well.”

 

Trying to shake off any thoughts, he tried to act normal and sat down next to her. “Miss me?” he tried to smile, exhaustion all over his face.

 

“Problems at work?” Jihyo asked, concerned.

 

“Yea, just the typical scandal. Nothing we can’t handle.” He decided to make himself more comfortable. In Sung loosened up his tie, ed the top two of his button up polo, and shook his shoes off. “I’m gonna get that later.”

 

“Leave it, you should rest first.” She said. “I have an idea.” Then she pulled him to lie on her lap.

 

“Hey-hey-hey” In Sung struggled at first, confused.

 

“Come on, I’m doing something good for you.” Jihyo assured him, convincing him.

 

When he finally relented, she started rubbing his temples gently. “Close your eyes. Just relax.”

 

It was kinda soothing, he thinks. Not even an ten minutes after, he surrendered to dreamland.

 

The next morning, he woke up, still on her lap. They fell asleep like that. When he sat up, he turned to look at her. He laughed as he saw her deep in slumber with hanging open.

 

Skimpy shorts and oversized shirts aside, He really likes having her as a roommate.

 

***

 

They were (He was) back to normal after that weekend. He finally had time for himself, and finally spent the night with some woman in a bar. It was a Friday night, and he was about to go inside the house when he realized he received a text from Jihyo earlier.

 

Don’t come home tonight. Huh.

 

He stopped for a while to contemplate his next step. Then he heard Jihyo with some guy laughing, so he turned the knob and entered.   

 

Of course Jihyo could take anyone in her apartment, but it troubles him that she’s alone with some dude, and she even doesn’t want him to come home. He tells himself that he just wanted to make sure if the guy doesn’t have any motive to take advantage of her before he leaves.

 

But it caught him off guard that Song Joongki was in their living room, drinking and laughing with Jihyo.

 

Intrigued and somewhat disturbed at the scene before him, In Sung approached the laughing duo.

 

Jihyo stood agape when she realized his presence, as if she’s been splashed with cold water, while Joongki smirked as he saw her. “So, it’s true then.” Joongki said brightly.

 

Not following what Joongki just said, In Sung looked at Jihyo who’s biting her lips at the moment. “kun-uh-muh-ni (Auntie) told me. You two were living together.” He laughingly explained. “Imagine my surprise, my bestfriend living with Jihyo noona.”

 

Jihyo then shrugged it off, “Fine, we are.” To that, Joongki drank his bottle of beer, feeling victorious.

 

“What’s wrong with being roommates?” she added as an afterthought.

 

Joongki choked at the mention of the word roommate. “In Sung-hyung? HA! Never thought he’s just the roommate type.” He teased, before he laughed uncontrollably.

 

“Wait- so you two are-?” In Sung, still confused at the exchange, finally asked.

 

“Cousins.” Jihyo explained. “I didn’t know you two were connected, and apparently, as soon as he heard, he wanted to annoy me.”

 

“Oh. You two are cousins.” Jihyo nodded at that, “Song Jihyo. Song Joongki.” She said, emphasizing their last name Song.

 

“Priceless-“ Joongki said in between his laughing fits. “In Sung hyung. Roommates.”

 

“Ignore him.” Jihyo rolled her eyes at his annoying little dongsaeng.

 

Wiping the tears off his eyes as he finally calmed down, “Y’know, I actually wouldn’t believe if Jihyo-noona would fall into hyung’s tricks. She’s too, I don’t know, weird, for her own sake.

 

“YA!”

 

“It’s true! I mean, you dumped Lee Dong Wook AND dated Baek Chang Joo!” Joongki said, pointing at her, daring her to deny.

 

“What’s weird with that?” she asked incredulously. Jihyo moved to give In Sung a can of beer, and motioned for him to sit down beside her.

 

“SEE! You asking that is even weirder!”

 

“Lee Dong Wook is just too good-looking for me. I thought he wasn’t the serious type.”

 

“You just judge people wrongly. I mean, you chose Baek Chang Joo because of that, and still, you ended up being cheated on.” Joongki stated, proving his point. “And look at Dong Wook now, marrying that Suzy chick, whom he met after you.”

 

“Fine then, what are you suggesting me to do? Date In-Sung?”

 

“NO-NO-NO. I know him too much. It’s good that you two are just roommates. I would kill him.” Joongki strongly refused.

 

In Sung who was enjoying the banter of the two cousins suddenly spoke up when his name was mentioned. “What does that mean?”

 

“You know what I mean, don’t act dumb.” Joongki told him, before drinking again.

 

“HEY, I’m more-” In Sung paused, trying to find the right word, “-decent recently.” He finished, trying to defend himself. For what reason? He doesn’t know.

 

“NO-fine, I guess you are. BUT-” Joongki admitted, went to Jihyo’s other side, and suddenly pulled her away from In Sung, hugging her, “You can’t date my Jihyo-noona. She’s too perfect for you.” He let his tongue out and acted like a child to tease In Sung.

 

“He’s already drunk, ignore him.” Jihyo mouthed at In Sung.

 

But In Sung released an annoyed breath, had his one arm wrapped Jihyo’s shoulder and pulled her towards his direction, “What if we’re actually dating?”

 

Jihyo again rolled her eyes at In Sung for not letting things go. Then, she found herself being pulled back and forth before she break off holds from the two of them. “Aish! Are you two here to annoy the living hell out of me!”

 

Then the two men just laughed and hi-fived each other like nothing happened. Men.

 

***

They coincidentally met up at a bar near their unit. In Sung had been there with some close acquaintances, but he told them to go ahead because he was still trying to close a deal with a girl. He thinks her name was Jen, but he learned much later that Jen currently have a boyfriend. Call him an , but he never went and touch another man’s woman.

 

He didn’t want to be a part of yet another scandal as well, so he left Jen. He was about to go out when he saw Jihyo sitting alone, distracted. He sat beside her, and bumped his shoulders to hers to get her attention.

 

“Omo, In Sung.” She greeted, not expecting to see him there.

 

“Jihyo!” someone called, and she turned around. He doesn’t miss the fact that she cringed at the mention of her name.

 

“Dong Wook!” she greeted, with a forced smile. Then she looked behind the guy, “Where’s Suzy?” Huh. Lee Dong Wook?

 

“I told her and her friends that I would join them later, told her I wanna catch up with you.” Dong Wook smiled sheepishly at her.

 

“Oh, you didn’t have to do that.”

 

“But you looked like you needed some company.” Dong Wook insisted.

 

“No-no” Jihyo suddenly looked at him, “I’m with In Sung.” She held unto his arm,

 

Then Dong Wook looked between them, confused and disappointment written on his face, “I didn’t know you two know each other?”

 

“Well-yeah, we’re… friends.” She assured him, “Chunggu-ya.” In Sung butted in, and smiled at him.

 

Dong Wook furrowed his brows, “Okay, if you’re sure.” He said to Jihyo.

 

She nodded, then he left. “What’s his deal?” he asked, trying to start a conversation.

 

“I dunno. Maybe he can’t get over me.” She joked dryly. “Kidding aside, I’ve known him since we were little, but he’s just… too good with all women. He’s gotta stop that, though.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“He’s a jerk, but not a jerk.“ She laughed, “Get it?”

 

“No, woman. You gotta stop speaking in puzzles.” In Sung couldn’t get her.

 

“I meant, He makes women fall for him but doesn’t mean to do it. But then, he breaks their hearts by not returning the feelings.” Jihyo explained as she took the last sip from her drink.

 

“So, you were one of his victims?”

 

“Ani. don’t you remember what Joongki said, I dumped him.” She clarified.

 

“So what? Why? huh?” He was getting more dizzy with the way their conversation headed.

 

“I dumped him because I didn’t feel special anymore with the way he was treating every woman around him.” She finished, stood up, and left a bill to cover her drinks. “Come on, let’s walk home.” She said and dragged him away.

 

“I guess I should watch how I treat the women around me too, huh?” In Sung blurted out of the blue.

 

“Wae?” she asked while walking and kicking a pebble from the ground.

 

“Because I’m good with women too.” He said, raising his brows charmingly.

 

She couldn’t help herself and started laughing at that, “Don’t get me wrong. I think you’re just good to them at the beginning, but then you become a jerk to them.”

 

“Ya! I’m just trying to make you laugh, then you start insulting me.” He smiled.

 

“I guess, it’s a good thing you’re a jerk. That makes me special if you’re not treating me that way right?” she walked ahead of him, turned around to face him, and made a heart sign with her hands.

 

“YA YA YA you’re taking things the wrong way here.”

 

“Omo~ that’s okay In Sung. If you like me that much, just say so.” Jihyo pinched his cheeks, then ran off ahead of him.

 

 “Aish unbelievable woman, Why were you there anyway?” he called out to her.

 

“I already forgot, Komawo!” she shouted back.

 

***

On a rare weekday night, they were both home with nothing to do. So they decided to watch a movie together with popcorn and soju before sleeping. They’re both wearing sleepwears so they could easily sleep after watching, he in his sleeveless shirt and boxers, her in his tank top and shorts.

 

 In Sung spread a sheet on the floor where they could sit and lean in front of the sofa, while Jihyo placed their food between them.

 

They had two bottles of soju each and the movie was far from over, when Jihyo asked “I don’t get why it’s always a woman seducing the husband to have an affair. Is it because, guys are so weak to temptation?” She said as they were watching.

 

“Hey, why does it sound like you’re insulting me.”

 

“Ani-ani, just voicing out my curiosity.” She said aloud, “What if it’s a guy, how would they seduce a married woman?”

 

“How would I know? I never seduce a married woman before, or anyone in a relationship for that matter.” Tho, the idea piqued his interest, he wouldn’t be that low.

 

“Then how do you seduce a woman?” Jihyo nudged him slightly with her elbow, expecting.

 

“With words and my body.” He said proudly as he get a handful of popcorns.

 

She turned her attention back to the movie. “Pfft. I can’t believe a woman would fall for you.”

 

As she reached over for more popcorn, she felt his hand hold hers, making her look at him.

 

“Ah Waegu-?”

 

Jihyo felt a shiver ran her back, as he looked intensely at her for a while before slowly moving her hands to his lips. Maybe it was the alcohol’s doing but she felt frozen still as he the cheese on her fingers. Then he gradually moved closer to her, his lips moving dangerously close to her ears, ““Believe it. So many woman fell for it already.”

 

At that, she swallowed a lump in . Then In Sung moved back to focus on the screen, munching happily again as he watched the movie.

 

“How about you? I can’t imagine you ever seducing someone.” He told her frankly.

 

She snagged the popcorn between them and placed it out of his reach. Before he can even complain, all thoughts of why he was about to complain flew out the window. In one swift move, Song Ji Hyo straddled his lap. She reached for his hand, just as he did earlier, and it excruciatingly slow while looking at him with the same intensity in her eyes.

 

Then she placed both of his hands to her waist, before she ran her hand through his hair. Her other hand guiding his chin as she leaned forward until their faces almost meet, her eyes looking at his lips. She her lips wet before saying, “In Sung, I want you.” Her voice shaking.

 

She nodded, then suddenly smirked, “That’s how I seduce.”

 

Jihyo moved to pull away from him, but his hands held her still. Jihyo’s eyes went wide. She’s all wild hair, with pink cheeks, and he can’t help but to do what he’s going to do next. One of his hands slid to the small of her back and pulls her back against him fully.

 

Maybe he’s a bit drunk, but he catches her chin between his thumb and forefinger, then watched as her pupils dilate in anticipation of his next move. He brushed his lips softly against her at first, testing the waters. He took it further when she doesn’t pull away. She sighed into his mouth, and he took the opportunity to deepen the kiss, his hand slipping in her hair, as his tongue slips between hers.

 

When In Sung started to feel breathless, he pulled away and leaned his forehead against hers. “In Sung,” she breathed.  “Are you drunk, or you just wanted to kiss me?”

 

He doesn’t know why she even asked, but he answered truthfully nonetheless. “Both.”

 

She nodded and she leaned in for more.

 

“Is it too late if I asked for a date?” He asked in between kisses.