Hyungwon

Acceptance

Hyunwoo hums, glancing over at the man beside him. Hyungwon watches as the two exchange a glance, Minhyuk’s knowing smirk making him suddenly wonder why he’d brought this up with them in the first place.

“Interesting question, Wonnie~” Minhyuk murmurs, picking at his bottom lip thoughtfully. “Any reason you’re asking, in particular?” Hyungwon shifts uncomfortably, his eyes skipping around the room as a nervous smile pulls at his lips. Minhyuk only mumbles a ‘mmhmm’, earning a warm chuckle from the oldest in the room. Hyunwoo scoots slightly to sit closer to his boyfriend, wrapping an arm around Minhyuk’s shoulders.

“Well,” he begins, speaking slowly as he chooses each word with finesse, “I don’t know about Moongie, but it was easy to tell. There was always just… something about him that I was always drawn to. Something about his energy just had a way of hypnotizing me, almost.” Minhyuk coos, leaning over to wraps his thin arms around Hyunwoo’s middle.

“Aw, hyung~’ he says, his eyes shining with affection. He straightens up after planting a quick kiss to Hyunwoo’s cheek, his gaze sparkling. “Well, first off, Hyunwoo is hot.” Hyunwoo immediately blushes at the comment, his smile growing impossibly wide in pride. “Plus, he’s adorable. I always knew he was special, but then it just… hit me. I knew I couldn’t just be friends with him anymore, that I wanted something more, so I just went for it.”

Hyungwon nods, his eyes falling to the floor. He can understand that, as it’s a feeling that’s been growing more and more lately about their maknae… He looks up to the couple again, asking just how they brought up the conversation, but the words die in his throat. Love shines so clearly in their gaze as they stare at each other, and Hyungwon can’t find it in him to interrupt the small moment.

He stands, deciding to give the two some space and his own resolve strengthening as he leaves them be. He’ll bring this up with Changkyun as soon as possible, consequences be damned.