Wonho

Acceptance

Hoseok shifts awkwardly on his feet as he halts in the doorway of the living room, having sighted Hyunwoo and Minhyuk cuddling there and watching a movie. He isn’t too sure if he should go in, but he most definitely doesn’t want to eat his piping hot ramyeon alone in the kitchen, as he’s never been good at eating alone… However, if this is a date, he doesn’t want to interrupt. Eating in his room is completely out of the question, too, as Kihyun had just nagged him that morning for the mess around his bed…

 

Things had been so much simpler just four days ago, before Minhyuk and Hyunwoo had made their big announcement to the group. Of course, everyone had seen it coming as those two had always been especially clingy with each other, but that doesn’t change how much harder everything is now for the group.

How are the others supposed to tell if they’re intruding on private couple time? How can they tell the difference between the two just hanging out and the two being on a date? What signs are there to read to discern such a thing? And, that’s not even to mention how much the group dynamic would change if they were to break up.

That’s probably the worst of all…

 

“Hyung?” Minhyuk asks, bringing Hoseok’s attention back to the matter at hand. He blinks, shoving such thoughts out of his mind as he tries for a gentle smile. Minhyuk straightens up, frowning questioningly at the older man. “Aren’t you gonna come sit down?"

Hoseok gulps, nodding as he shuffles into the room. His gaze flicks to Hyunwoo anxiously, unsure if it’s really okay to sit with them. At seeing Hyunwoo giving him an encouraging grin, he finally allows himself to ease on the couch. Minhyuk chuckles, shifting to pull Hoseok closer to them while being careful to not make him spill his noodles.

Hoseok can’t help but chuckle at the familiar touch, sharing a smile with Hyunwoo as he thinks that perhaps this isn’t so bad after all.