T w o

Glass Universe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Oh my god.” Kyungsoo said, shock coating his voice, his eyes wide and mouth open. Inhaling harshly, he began to splutter and cough with even more intensity. The man in the boat who was equipped with the exact same facial features glared at him cautiously.

“Who are you and why do you have my face?” the stranger asked with a slight sneer. Kyungsoo grew nervous and when he was nervous, he had the habit of rambling, which Chanyeol liked to for.

“My name is Do Kyungsoo and I fell into this strange abyss and honestly I am so confused I was just helping my parents at the fish market because father was sick and Seungsoo was busy saving up for my college and Chanyeol was with his sister Yoora and whatheheck I miss my family they love me and I love them please don’t kill me I didn’t even get to give Seungsoo his birthday present and oh my god what-” he said all in one breath, searching frantically for a possible weapon in his “clone’s” hand.

“Woah, chill, I’m not going to kill you, but nice try.” the man said, raising an eyebrow, as if to taunt him, “I am the only Do Kyungsoo that looks like this naturally, so I will ask you one more time before I call security, who are you? Because if you are just an avid fan that got plastic surgery-”

“What?” Kyungsoo said without thinking, completely puzzled.

“I said-”

“I know what you said, but I am Do Kyungsoo. My parents work at a fish market, my brother Seungsoo sells cars, but I don’t know you. Who… are you?” he asked, baffled by the other man’s words..

“I am Do Kyungsoo, famous 18 year old actor? My best friend is the singer Byun Baekhyun? Ring any bells?” the man said confidently, cocking his head to the side.

Before replying immediately, he swam closer to the boat and clung to the side; he was losing his breath.

He couldn’t think of anything else except…

“Umm… I think, I’m from a different world? Possibly? I was fishing and suddenly a pit of water formed and me in and I came here” he said, looking behind him, “but the pit is gone?”

Kyungsoo, the actor, had a strange expression on his face. Swallowing hard, he looked back at the first Kyungsoo.

“You said you loved your family and friends and they loved you back, right?” he questioned suddenly.

“Well, yeah, so if possible could you please help me return-”

“My name is Do Kyungsoo, I’m a famous actor and I released a few songs. My best friend is the singer Byun Baekhyun and my manager’s name is Chanyeol. I don’t have a good relationship with my family, and the only one that cares about me is Baekhyun, so trust him only.”

“Okay…” he said, bemused, “so that’s cool and all, but I don’t see how that’s supposed help-” he stopped speaking and yelped in surprise when the other Kyungsoo stood up and suddenly dived in the water. The only thing was, the man didn’t rise up like what is expected when submerging in salt water. Resisting the burning pain in his eyes, Kyungsoo plunged in the water and peeled his eyes open only to see empty space. The only figures he could make out were sand and rocks littering the ground. The realization hit him like a stack of bricks. The man was gone.

“Crap.”

 

 

Kyungsoo could easily flee the water as he learnt how to swim for his past films, yet he was uncertain about where the hell this sea was located. Since that guy looked exactly like him, he could assume that the world would be the same as well. He was slightly startled by the fact that he impulsively jumped into the water without even thinking about all the consequences, but it had been a long time since he was interested in something, plus his life here sounded much better from what he heard. So far, this world didn’t seem to have any human-sized birds that spoke any language, and that satisfied him enough.

 

“I wonder how my parents are pulling off that fisher job...” Kyungsoo chuckled as he carelessly squeezed water from his silky button-up shirt. For the first time in his life, Kyungsoo couldn’t wait to meet his parents.

 

“But let me get out of this place first,” he muttered to himself. It was impossible for him to live in the same house -- the story of his parents owning a fish market and brother selling cars pretty much explained everything about his current circumstances -- and it only meant that he had to find someone who knew him in order to get back to his house. This was going to be a tough journey, he thought, but at the same time he also enjoyed the glances of people that scrutinized him from head to toe.

“I know, it’s hard finding a man like this in real life”, he again murmured to himself, ignoring the fact that he was the only one walking on the street with wet clothes.

 

Whether he liked it or not, Kyungsoo soon encountered an old truck covered in blue paint parked in the lot. Technically, the paint was hardly covering the truck as it already began peeling off the body and it didn’t sound right to call it blue, but anyway. For a few seconds Kyungsoo thought of ignoring the truck, but it was almost impossible to just walk away, as his father’s name was written in huge letters on the side of the door. While observing his father’s truck, he thought that he wouldn’t be surprised if it suddenly stopped working in the middle of the road, the image of his brand new Maserati flashed in his mind.

 

‘Kyungsik’s Fish Market’

 

Kyungsoo couldn’t think of a name that sounded worse, and cringed at the vehicle, but it wasn’t like he could simply walk all the way to a place he didn’t even know, so he accepted his fate and decided to drive the car. As expected, the car key was still in its place, which was quite understandable (I mean who would steal this car).

 

Luckily, Kyungsoo was able to find the phone that was thrown in the backseat and take a guess on where his house was. Another thing he discovered from scanning through his phone was that Chanyeol and him seemed to be friends with each other on this side of the world. He didn’t expect to meet Chanyeol here at all, as he knew that this Kyungsoo didn’t need a manager anyway. Besides, Chanyeol was not just his friend. They were now at the same age, meaning that he couldn’t give Kyungsoo a lecture on how he had to be more polite or humble.

 

“Okay, I’m gonna call you.” Kyungsoo held the phone in excitement and called Chanyeol without hesitating.

“...Hello? Is this Kyungsoo? What’s wrong?” Chanyeol answered in less than a few seconds.

“What, do I have to have a reason to call you? I’m your friend.” Kyungsoo put his fist into his mouth to prevent him from bursting into laughter. Chanyeol’s dumbfounded voice was entertaining.

“You never called me without a reason. Remember? You said calling was a waste of money.”

“Wait, am I that poor?” Kyungsoo straightened his back and started tapping on the wheel with his two fingers. He didn’t expect this Kyungsoo to be as rich as he was, but this was worse than he thought. Did this guy really believe that he could save money from not calling someone? Kyungsoo shook his head.

“Um, well, no? I mean, I didn’t mean it that way… I never thought you were… God, I’m sorry Kyungsoo. Are you mad?”

“What are you saying?” Kyungsoo was concerned with this family’s financial condition for a while, but it soon faded away as he listened to Chanyeol begging for mercy. It seemed like Chanyeol had mistaken Kyungsoo as mad. Yet he enjoyed dealing with the 18 year old version of Chanyeol being so desperate for his forgiveness, he had already wasted too much time doing nothing, and he needed to get going.

 

“Anyway, where do you live? I need to see you.”

 

--

 

“What

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter