Three

Train to Hell
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Ow..."

 

Jiyoon groaned, rubbing the side of her head to ease the pain when she woke up with a slam onto the glass panel beside her. She looked around with bleary eyes and rubbed them to clear her vision. She noticed that she was sitting alone in the train with not a single soul around. Where has all the people gone to? It was nearly impossible for the train to be this empty on a freaking Friday. Whenever she took the train on a Friday, the train would always be packed with people as it was the last day of the weekdays where everyone wanted to hang around and relieve stress from a long week of either work or school. She turned around to face the train station and was even surprised that there was nobody too! Not even the staffs were there. 

 

She slowly stood up and made her way out in her killer heels and looked left and right as if she was looking out for cars just that this time she was checking whether there was anybody besides her. She looked at the time on her watch and realized she had only 10 minutes before she was late! She had promised her friends that she'd be on time, guess you can't change one's habit.

 

Soon after she left the train, the door closed by itself and zoomed across into the tunnel ahead of it. Jiyoon gasped in surprise and blamed herself for being so stupid to get off on a deserted station without knowing what stop it is. She should've checked before getting off but unfortunately that thought didn't reach her mind. 

 

Oh she still had her phone, she could book a cab to get out of here! She hit herself on her head for not thinking of this earlier as she reached for her purse to fish the rectangular device out. The smile on her face was soon wiped away when she realized there was no reception and wasn't able to make any calls.

 

She wailed,  "Ugh seriously, no signal?!?!" 

 

She threw a tantrum and flailed her limbs around in an unattractive manner before stopping herself completely. No, this was not the right time to wail in misery, she needs to calm down and quickly find a way out else she'd to stay here until she rots. It looked like nobody had come here for a very long time as the station looked dilapidated with ceiling lights barely hanging from the ceiling. She needs to find a way out, there was no way she'd miss her birthday celebration to be stuck in this horrible place,  not now not ever. 

 

She looked around and tried to spot any signboard that will show her where she is so she could figure a way out. Funnily, the signboards were hanging above her causing her to not spot them. She felt as if she had to look up and grinned immediately when she did so. The signboards were hanging loosely from the ceiling looking as if it was about to drop onto the ground any minute causing her to step far away from it to avoid getting hurt and read the words written on it.  The signboards stated 'Undergroun-' with the rest of the words scratched off or 'This way to hell' with an arrow pointing down a long flight of stairs. Wow she never noticed that there was a staircase there.  She gulped as she looked down, it was really dark down there. Nope, she was not going down, not in this lifetime. Who knows if there are thousands of creepy crawlies or even ghosts down there. 

 

She shuddered, stepping away from the stairs and scanned her surroundings. Where the hell was she? Is there even a station named Undergroun- something or a place named hell??? She was utterly confused as she tried looking for a map to find her way out of this hellhole to which she failed at because there was no maps anywhere even as she searched every nook and cranny. She strolled upfront, not bothering if she was going to the right place because she can't possibly stay still and do nothing,  it wouldn't solve her problem. 

 

Once she spot the passenger's service counter she ran over to it only to find it empty and full of debris. The room looked old with it's walls rotting with mold  growing everywhere, chairs overturned with thick layers of dust littering the whole area. She coughed profusely and waved the dust flying around her once stepped into the room to look for anything that could be of use to her but luck was not on her side. What she found was dirty scraps of useless paper and food wrappers or containers lying around; maybe include a dead mice too. She immediately exited the room and continued on her way back to the place where she saw the signboards. How was it possible that there isn't any other exits or even staircases other than the first stairwell she saw. She had only the stairwell to go to if she wanted to get out.

 

Jiyoon paced around in the sa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter