Day Forty: The Comfort

Abstract (( Seokjin X OC )) Short Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Oppa” she whispered into his back as she settled beside him within the small bed, her arms wrapping harshly against his waist as she felt him stir awake, a soft gasp leaving his lips when realizing something must have been wrong.

“Naomi, are you alright?” He whispered, turning himself in to draw her into his view, his eyes desperately seeking her own and she couldn’t help the smile that took her features to see his honest concern. “What’s wrong?” He muffled after declaring that she must have been alright, his arm snaking around her head as though to use his arm for her own personal pillow, considering she was without one.

“I got a job” she spoke after a moment of silence, bringing life towards his sleepy eyes, as though he had been up for hours and was at the prime of day.

She admired how truly sincere he was when happy for someone else, how selfless he was when hearing someone had good fortune brought to them. It was the reason she had fallen in love with him through out the days of being next to him. It was impossible not to love someone who cared more for others than themselves, someone who was unpredictable in everything that they did, never having selfish desires. He was an angel, and she felt like a demon at his side, holding him back with her negative suggestions.

“Congratulations” His smile lit up her entire world, so much that she couldn’t help but to join him in his happiness, snuggling her head to rest underneath his neck, allowing their hearts to beat against one another.

She would miss the warmth he had provided within her otherwise cold world, the answers in which she sought when nothing else seemed to make sense. She would miss his cooking when she was having a rough day, would miss his voice telling her that everything would be okay. She would miss feeling his arms, even though this was her first time within them so closely, but most of all she would miss their midnight talks, and their hours of bantering only to come to an agreement.

“Can I tell you a secret?” She whispered after several long moments have passed, waiting until he fell back to sleep to share with him the thoughts he always pondered yet she never spoke. “I accidently fell in love with you Kim Seokjin” she whispered onto his chest, towards his heart so that the organ would know, the mind being meaningless compared. “So, I have to leave. You distract me from my answers…” she continued, unaware of the tear that slipped past her eyes.

“I can’t focus on what I need to, when your beside me. You make me want to focus on you…”

She fell asleep in his arms for the first time and the last time, hoping that she could forever remember the warmth he had provided when her days seem to become cold. Hoping she could pull the strength that he provided when she felt at her lowest. The voice of reassurance he spoke whenever she lacked the confidence herself to get the job done. She would never forget that love she suddenly felt towards

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter