chapter 2

Confessions

When I get home, I'm greeted at my apartment by my best friend Fany. She runs up to hug me and I embrace her back, feeling a little weirded out. Jeez, who died?

THe last time she hugged was when the guy of her dreams asked her out, the second first time was when somebody literally did die...

She pulls back and gives me a funny look.

"Irene," she says to me. 

"Yes?" I ask, feeling a  little baffled.

I look a little closer and realize she's just removed a face mask. I can tell because her skin has an almost unrealistic shimmer to it. Aish, I wish I had the motivation to stick to her type of beauty routine!

"Jongin just called me!" she says, sounding a little scared. 

My heart drops.

"Er...wh-what? Why?" I stammer,  dreading what she is about to say.

"He said that he know's I've been staying with you for a while and that because I never signed the tenancy to live here, h-he's gonna tell my father!"

Oh my gosh! I can't believe Jongin would stoop so low!

What happened is TIffany, aka, Fany... had to run away from her home because her father lost his mind after Fany's mother recently passed. He was drinking and behaving violently, so I had to have Fany stay at my apartment, away from her father. 

He didn't want Fany to leave, but she just had to. 

I'm absaloutely furious that Jongin could get involved in my friends life like this! How did that bastard know that threatening my friends would affect me worse?

I pull my cell from my pocket and dial his number so fast, my fingers fumble and shake. 

"Okay?!" I yell as I hear his breathe reach the other side, "It was funny before but now it isn't! Threatening Fany isn't gonna help you Jongin!"

"Who is this?" I hear. 

I stern my brows then pull back my phone to see that I've just called Kyungsoo.

"!" i yell by accicent, "Wasn't meant to call you!" 

I hang up feeling absalouetly humiliated.  I've had a huge crush on Kyungsoo for ages. The only reason why I haven't gone for him, is because Jongin is always in the way. Arggg...Jongin, I swaer to god!

I guess him not answering the phone was a sign, A sign that I need to meet up with Jongin and kick his !

I turn to TIffany and put on my most kick expression. "Fany, " I urge. "Get changed out of your jammies, we're going to meet up with him.."

She loses all expression and whimpers, looking down at her soft pink pyjama slippers. Wow. I've never seen her look so afraid before.

"NOW!" I urge.

SHe hurries to get changed and I storm into our shared room to change out of my own clothes.

I change into a pair of black jeans, a long-sleeved hoodie with a detachable mouth mask, and I pull on my gloves.

I pull on my wrist watch while TIffany is on the other side of the room changing into a pair of jeans and a long cloak.

We've gotta roll.

As we leave the apartment, I sense somebody watches us but Tiffany is ever quicker. She grabs my arm as we make it into the streets and her fingers are shaking. "Don't turn around." she whispers.

And so I don't. 

I walk further downwards and it isn't until my phone rings that I realize I have no idea where i'm going.

Jongin has never exactly told me his address so all I can do is take a walk to the cafe and hope that he's there...somehow

 

By the time we make it to  the cafe, the night has grown even darker and men are lingering the streets. Drunk from rice wine and wolf whistling at us.

"Hey, y !" a man yells at Tiffany. I tell her to ignore them but her knee's start shaking.

Suddenly, her wrist is grabbed and somebody and pulling her away from me.

TIffany screams and I turn to see seven alarmingly handsome familiar guys surrounding us. I instantly recognize a pair of eyes to be Kyungsoo's.

"Kyungsoo!" I panic as his other friend forces Tiffany quiet by holding his hand to .

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" I yell.

Kyungsoo is shocked that I recognized him and he seems almost overwhelmed.

I look around and take in all the eyes of the guys and piece by piece, it all comes together.

I see Baekhyun. CHanyeol. Sehun. Jongdae. Suho. Yixing. Minsook. 

I can't believe this. What is going on? 

I scream out for help but then Kyungsoo leaps over and wraps his arms around me from the back. His hold captures my body in a thrilling and terrifying way and then he whispers in my ear..."Jongin sent us after you and TIffany. We waited outside your apartment for a while. We're here to persuade you to do something for us. Do it, and we'll let you go."

HIs whisper was deep and hoarse and slowly I nod. The guys drag me and Tiffany into a lonely corner in the street and then release us. Tiffany grasps my arm instantly, looking scared and then, raindrops flicker down.

Examining the guys, I wonder why they all wear identitical masks and where they got them from. THe masks all seem to have this weird symbol on it. Like some sort of hexagon or something.

"Jongin has been arranged to marry a girl called Yuri, but he doesn't love her..." says Suho.

"Yes. I don't love her either.." says a childish yet manly voice I recognize to be Sehuns. 

"Sehun, nobody cares about you." says Chanyeol in a joking manner, that makes Tiffany relax a little.

"Truth is, we don't want to hurt you..."  says Chanyeol. "But we won't let you hurt Jongin. So what's it gonna be? WIll you promise to keep your mouth shut?"

"I see all of you's every day at school, and I know something secretive about  ALL of you's.." said Tiffany.

At this, Kyungsoo's eyes widen and he turns to me with a cold expression. WHat the hell?

"All of you's have been trying to set up a scheme so you could sue Jongins father for selling illlegally to China."

There's a wave of silence and I turn to Fany in absaloute shock. I can't beleive she knew that but she never told me anything!

"S-so.?"stutters Jongdae, who by now has gotten bored and wants to remove his mask.

"I have evidence," said Tiffany, pulling her phone from her pocket. 

Sehun reaches to snatch her phone but Tiffany pulls it back.

"So, how's about you all shut up!" snaps Tiffany furiously. "Leave us alone! We just want to see Jongin!"

"You want to see me?" comes a voice from behind us.

We all turn to see Jongin enter from the shadows. He has a figure behind him that I recognize to be Yoona.

Yoona looks at me and she steps back in shock.

"Y-you didn't t-t-tell me she was b-beautiful!" she stutters in a whisper to Jongin.

Okay, now we're all confused.

"She isn't. She's hideous and fat!" says Jongin, looking me in the eye.

"I change my mind about our idea!" says Yoona, staring at me.

"What the hell is going on!" I scream. "ANd where did you's come from?!"

Jongin sighs. "Don't worry," he says. "I've got a plan that'll help all of us. Come, let's go to the cafe. It's all ours for the night."

THe guys and Tiffany and I exchange worried expressions before finally followng Jongin and Yoona to the cafe around the corner.

What is going on?!