CHAPTER 1 [Summer]

Paper Hearts

"You did well!" nodded Yoongi in a proud and husky voice while lighting a cigarette right outside of the bar.

"Well thanks, hyung. I knew you would've liked it!" exclaimed Jungkook, finally relaxing after the long night at work. "It's not like you didn't take your eyes off of me during the entire show, though" blinked to his brother, as the smaller boy approached him to put a cigarette through his lips.

They got even closer so Yoongi could light it for him, covering the small flame with his hand protecting it from the summer wind of that fresh night. After that, the boy took a step back but got immediately lost in a maze of thoughts while looking at his brother's soft and plumped lips.  Ahh, those lips... one of the multiple reasons why he liked Jungkook so much. He continued staring at him while he was smoking until Jungkook noticed and gave the white-haired boy the hottest look ever that made Yoongi actually shiver.

They both had to wait to end work to actually being near each other again, for hours, too much

Suddenly Jungkook took Yoongi by his free hand while the small guy was still immersed in his thoughts, maybe he was thinking of Jungkook or maybe it was because of the joint he smoked before his brother finished getting ready in the bar's changing room.

They rushed through the street, illumined by the night sky and by the few lights of the small town. They crossed the deserted street until the paved road gradually turned into dirt and grass as they were walking; they left the path and continued towards their favorite spot while finishing their cigarettes.

They got there, giant pine trees surrounded the whole area, violet flowers came out from under the few rocks that went all around the small pond, hid through the trees. They laid down on their backs on the fresh grass and got comfortable. They started staring at the sky changing colors while exhaling a deep breath. It was their special thing to do every night after work; they waited the morning staring at the stars that were visible only in the forest due to the neon signs that illuminated the little town, caressed by the night breeze that was shaking the leaves of the trees all around them producing a relaxing sound.

---

At the same time, they both turned their head facing each other and stared tiredly into their eyes while slightly smiling. Yoongi's eyes were full of love for his little brother; he leaned on his side so he could have a better view of the guy next to him as he slowly reached his face with his hand and caressed his cheek with the thumb. Jungkook felt the cold touch and immediately put his big and warm hand on his brother's, warming it with his soft touch. Yoongi slowly traveled his thumb to Jungkook's lips looking at his own movements with an intense stare. Meanwhile, Jungkook closed his tired eyes loving how the touch felt.

Yoongi got even closer to the other boy's face, as if it was even possible at this point; he wanted to feel those soft lips in another way, he his own as a natural reflex and, shortening the already close distance between them, he pressed his soft lips on Jungkook's, as his hand shifted from his cheek to his smooth neck.  

Jungkook felt the quick and familiar touch on his lips and shut his eyes even more, wanting to capture the feeling of that short moment in his memories. He opened his eyes once he felt his brother backing in his place. They looked at each other with a loving stare until the elder got closer and leaned his head on the other's chest. Jungkook's arms wrapped around him, warming up the cold and slim body with his warm one.

---

"Can you sing for me?" broke the silence the oldest boy. The black haired boy gave him a tired and reassuring smile even though he couldn't be seen by his brother. He cleared up his sore throat and started intoning, with a rough and passionate voice, their favorite melody:

"Remember the way you made me feel

Such young love but

Something in me knew that it was real

Frozen in my head

Pictures I'm living through for now

Trying to remember all the good times

Our life was cutting through so loud

Memories are playing in my dull mind

I hate this part paper hearts

And I'll hold a piece of yours

Don't think I would just forget about it"

Yoongi closed his eyes during the entire song listening carefully to how the boy's heartbeat followed perfectly the rhythm of the song and, in that moment, everything was in synchrony.

Jungkook lowered his voice when he noticed that his brother was slowly falling asleep and finished his song almost whispering being careful to not wake him up. He smiled to himself admiring how cute his brother looked in that moment and gave him a loving peck on the head. Jungkook turned back to stare at the sky while the sun was almost set behind them and felt his eyes heavy until he fell asleep too holding his brother lightly in his arms.