Prologue

The Art of Moving On

 

I watch her as she heads toward the door with a suitcase in hand containing all her things. I just sit here on the couch, looking at her intently, silently hoping she'll change her mind- but all hopes crashed down on me as she turned the knob to open the door and find her way out.

She glance back to look at me for a brief moment, with eyes full of regret and disappointment, I can clearly see it along with the glistening tears before she turned her back on me and heading straight out our home and my life, closing the door on me like closing a chapter of her life where I am a part of.

The door closing right in front of me felt like life leaving me. I feel the numbing at first, before I felt a hot liquid forming in my eyes, slowly it rolled down my cheek- a lone tear has escaped my eyes as it finally hit me.

She walked straight out the door and this time out of my life for good.

She left, leaving me with my heart shattered to peices and there is nothing I could do to stop her -well I tried but no words can make her stay, she has made up her mind to go.

I felt that pang of pain in my chest as the thumping of my heart made me shed more tears, the loud sound ringing in my ears driving me close to insanity. I believe this is one out of the many consequences I have to endure after succumbing in to too much loving. I loved with my all, and I don't know what went wrong.

I stare blankly a the closed door for what seemed like forever until I can feel my eyes sore so I stand up, walked to our room only to see the open closet half emptied and most of her stuffs gone - what's left are the clothes we shared, her old oversized shirt I loved wearing and my hoodie she often wear on a rainy day. She left what's ours.

But can I still call this ours when she's already gone and wants nothing to do with me?

I walked near the vanity table- she left a box of her make up kit and her favorite perfume that she always wore- the onld I told is my favorite scent on her. Next to the opened kit stands a picture frame with a photo of us smiling brightly as I back hugged her.

This is painful.

I ran a finger through the frame and noticed the polariod photos that she sticked at the corners of the mirror, some are selcas of her alone, some stolen shots of mine and others are those we took together.

I grab a hold of one polaroid that we took together. Bitter smile formed in my lips as I look at it intently. Her bright smile, that natural pinkish lips and her eyes forming to a crescent while she looked at the camera, her arms locked me in a hug. I haven't seen her smiles directed to me these past days that we've been arguing and I miss this smile, I miss the way she laugh, how her eyes always smiles along.

I miss her already, her scent, the feel of her in my arms, I miss everything about her. These past days it felt like she's too far away from me, we've been arguing and everything was falling apart that I can no longer reach her and finally this day has come where everything had to end between us. This day that never crossed my mind to ever happen- it used to be sunshine and blue skies, never the gloomy dark sky that has blanketed upon us up to this day.

I rest the photo in the table and walked towards the half empty closet and closed it. As I stand in the middle of the room, I can still feel her presence but looking around the now half emptied place I know she's gone- for good this time.

I settled at the edge of our still messed up bed, only her in my mind. She was and still is my everything, my world revolved around her and with her now gone I can't seem to figure out what to do. My head aches and I lie flat on my back closing my eyes hoping to ease the pain and ran away from reality by sleeping.

 

//

 

I looked around my new place. I'll be starting anew, this time far from him and nothing or no one to remind me of him- I want nothing to do with him anymore, not even memories both bad and good.

I started setting my stuffs, pulling off the cloths covering the furnitures left by the previous owner and looked around the entire place, checking every corner before heading to the only room there is.

I walk straight to the bed void of cover and set my suitcase on top before sitting on the edge. I idle for a moment before I sigh as thoughts of him came rushing again reminding me of the deep cut in my heart that I know will take a lot of time to heal.

Come to think of it, it is I that keeps burdening myself with this unwanted feelings. I let the hurtful thoughts of him cloud my mind instead of blocking them all.

I took a deep breath as my heart is getting heavy and feels the hot liquid forming- a tear is about fall from my eye as I let the hurt surround me entirely. The tear rolled down my cheek- to no use stopping it anyway so I let it fall for me to wipe it dry. A friend told me to cry it all out if it gets too heavy to bear.

I took a deep breath and stood up heading towards the door after a while of sitting idly. I walked out the door locking it to go downstairs heading nowhere. As I stay in one place longer and alone, I only feel more pain for I only think of him and that is, thinking of him hurts me more, thinking of all the "what could have beens" only deepens the injury in my heart.

Everything went down the drain as goodbyes between us were already shared. It hurts, yes, but only that I should accept everything that has been said and done - forgiveness will come eventually.

I walked aimlessly while looking around my new neighborhood to see that I'm in such a peaceful place. It has the right amount of aparment buildings and stores, not too crowded.

The place is at peace no buzzing and hustles of a busy neighborhood- no rushing and completely at ease, a contrast of the chaos inside of me.

Few people are walking, but none seems to be in a hurry one would think it's outside Seoul. And as I momentarily stop on my tracks to look up I can see the sky is turning gray, a warning that anytime from now heavy rain will come.

I continued walking with my thoughts filled of my memories with him, of him . I cant force myself to stop the rushing memories and forget everything, can I? Afterall, moving on is not as easy as flicking of a magic wand casting a spell of oblivion.

In my oversized black hoodie to shield me from the cold I head to nowhere, just walking down the street until I felt droplets of water fall on me as rain started, and with no sign of stopping so are my tears cascading down my face.

I walk under the heavy rain that has blurred my vision of what is up ahead and letting it wash away my tears. And in every step I take, one by one I take every memories out, leaving them all behind my track for the storm to wash them all away never to be found again.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: // signifies the change of POV

:D