White Chrysanthemums

Ironic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

5 years. Five years since her dad had passed. He was the only family she had left. Her mother died due to cancer when she was just toddler. Her dad died a noble man, one that protects the innocent, a mighty law enforcer.

A madman was throwing fits at the local bar, he pulled out his gun directing it towards a young bystander. Her dad saw this and got in between the gun and the innocent bystander. He was shot on the spot protecting a person he doesn't even know. She saw everything. They were on their way to watch a movie. He was a brave man, even off duty til his last breath he protected the innocent. Her father died when she was 19. Her one and only known relative, gone, taken from her. How could she even live? 

 

 

5 years have passed. She still brings flowers for him every week at the memorial chapel a few blocks away from where she stays. She couldn't leave this neighborhood, she thought. Not now anyway.

 

She walks into the columbarium. A sigh escaped her. Clutching at the handfull of white chrysanthemums that she usually brings her dad and a bottle of soju. 

 

She walks to where her dad's urn is rested within a glass cabinet. To the left of the space is a picture of him and her when she was 8 they were on bicycles. To the right is a photo of them at her highschool graduation, a few weeks before he passed. She looks at the pictures, laid the flower inside the glass. She took out a shot glass a poured a drink, and offered it beside his picture situated in the middle, in front of the urn. "Hey dad~ it's your favorite child!" She faintly smiled. "Well, your only child. Sorry I'm a day late for my visit." 

 

"Dad, when death comes, does it hurt? Or does the hurting stop?" She took out another shotglass and poured herself a drink. She scoffed. "Why is this so small?" Referring to the glass at hand, the bottle in the other. She took a swig of the colorless liquid packed with a punch. After which she decided on just keeping the tiny little thing and drank from the bottle.

 

"Nothing has gone my way since you left. I held out as long as I could. I even finished university all while working to support myself." Her head now lazily hung low, the alcohol setting in her not so tolerant body. 

"What and why am I even doing all this for? What should I do in life? What purpose do I have?" She slowly raised her head, her eyes steadied at his smiling picture. "WHY WONT YOU ANSWER ME?!" She yelled.

Tears started flowing. The mood set by alcohol and her longing to see her departed father. 

Her body pulling her towards the ground as her went on her knees as she sobbed "I may be proud of you for saving that girl a few years back. But I'm also angry at you for leaving me. How could you do this to your favorite daughte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter