Chapter Two

Twisted Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Twisted Heart

Chapter Two: Home Visit

A/N: The highlighted sentences means that Soojung and Kai are speaking in English^^

“Is Soojung home?” Jongin asked. “Yes, come on in, hyung” Soojung’s younger brother, Jung Daejung smiled. “She’s been busy preparing herself, straight after she came home from school” Daejung said as he sipped on his tea. “Do you want one too?” he asked, referring to the tea as thought of how unpolite he is came in. “No, thanks” Jongin said. “Oh yes. You prefer milk over tea, right?” Daejung asked, before sipping from his cup again. Jongin laughed, “That was long back! How could you even remember?” he asked. “This is what happens when you live with someone who tries to snap every little memory of her life” Daejung said, referring to his Noona as he stood up. “I’ll go and call her. In this rate, you might even take all night” Daejung said, as he went to Soojung’s room. Jongin heard shouts and scoldings and a few moments later, Daejung came out, dragging a pouting Soojung behind him. “Jongin! Daejung!” Soojung whined to Jongin who chuckled as she pointed an accusing finger to her younger brother who rolled his eyes at her childishness. “Come here. What did that meanie do to you?” he asked as he spread his arms for Soojung. “He said that I’m going to look ugly no matter what” Soojung said as she pretended to cry in his chest. “You’ll always look beautiful, don’t worry” Jongin said as he patted Soojung’s head. “Ew! Get a room. I can’t stand PDA” Daejung joked as he pretended to puke and grinned after. “Eh? Matching concepts! You rock, Kai!” Soojung held out her fist for a fist bump. “You rule, Krystal!” Jongin said, laughing as he put out his fist to bump it with Soojung’s. Both wore oversized Champion sweatshirts they bought together but Jongin’s was grey and Soojung’s was blue. They wore black jeans and black and white converse. Jongin had his usual hairstyle and Soojung let her long hair flow. “We’ll get going now. Daejung, tell your parents we’ll eat out” Jongin said as Daejung nodded. “Just don’t PDA out there” he teased as Jongin and Soojung laughed. “Bye then” Soojung said as she hopped on Jongin’s bike as Jongin handed her a white helmet and zoomed off.

Knock knock~ “Come in!” the two opened the door cautiously and were looked at by a pair of round eyes. “Hehe” they chuckled nervously as they stood straight. “We have come to meet Lee Jieun. Is she here?” Soojung asked. “Yes, I’ll call her” the girl said as she went upstairs. A few footsteps were heard and a girl with specs came. “Hello, I heard you wanted to see me” she smiled a little. “Yes, we’re 1st year students from Seoul International High. This is the class rep and I’m the assistant” Soojung said as Jieun gestured them to sit. “So, we came to know why you didn’t come to school. Why and when you’ll come” she said. “I caught the flu. I don’t think I’ll be able to come for a week or so. My older sister over there is taking care of me by herself because mom and dad are out of town. And we’ve got no phone in the house” Jieun said in between her coughs. “You poor dear! If you’d like, we’ll just tell the teacher” Soojung said. “You’d do that for me?” Jieun asked. “My sister can come too” she said. “No, it’s okay. It’s our responsibility, right, Kai?” Soojung asked who smiled and nodded. “Is he Japanese?” Jieun asked innocently, making Jongin look away, hurt while Soojung laughed. “A tanned Japanese” Soojung said in between her laughter. “Oh, is he Korean? I’m so sorry, Kai-ssi” Jieun bowed a little, making Soojung laugh even more. “She called you Kai” she said. Kai sighed with his eyes closed, his hand on his forehead as he shook his head in embarrassment. “I’m so sorry about her behavior, Jieun-ssi. Maybe she forgot to take her pills again. For your information, my name is not Kai, I am not Japanese but I am tanned. My name is Kim Jongin” Jongin sighed as Jieun’s eyes rounded. “Oh, I’m so sorry!” Jieun bowed a little again. “It’s okay. You didn’t know. Moreover, you were mislead by Krystal here” Jongin said through gritted teeth as Soojung immediately stopped laughing. “Oh, sorry about that, Jieun-ssi. I didn’t mislead you or anything. It’s just that, his nickname is Kai. My name is Jung Soojung. You can call me Soojung or Soo-Bunny or Bunny-Jung or whatever you like” Soojung said while Jongin rolled his eyes. Jieun smiled, “I’d like to call you Krystal” she said. Jongin snorted while Soojung looked at her in disbelief for a moment before saying, “Pardon me but could you repeat what you just said?” she asked. “I said I’d like to call you Krystal. I like it” Jieun said. “Well, I-“ “Oh, it would be such an honor for her. Really, it will be!” Jongin chimed in happily. “Please. Anything but that” Soojung said. “No, I like it. I also like you, you’re funny. And I’ll call class rep here Kai too if there is no problem with you. I’m dropping formalities since you guys seem so down to earth. You can call me Jieun too. And, are you two dating?” Jieun asked. “Why, there is so much more than meets the eyes! And no, he’s my oh, so handsome flipping Seahorse friend” Soojung glared at Jongin, speaking in her perfectly American-accented English. “And she’s my oh, so beautiful dancing Tadpole friend” Jongin smirked, speaking in the American accent as well. “Aka my Crack Wiz” Soojung continued. “Aka my Crack Witch” Jongin added. “My old crush” “My old admirer” “My partner in crime. In other words, my best friend” the two said in unison as Jieun clapped her hands, making Jongin and Soojung look at her in confusion. “That was beautiful! Your English was amazing!” Jieun said. “Thanks! You understood?” Soojung smiled as Jieun nodded, "I understand but can't speak though" she chuckled nervously. “We’d better get going now. It’s already 4:45” Jongin said. “Thank you for coming” Jieun said and waved as Soojung smiled and waved back before Jongin started his bike and zoomed off again.

“Next stop, the male student!” Soojung said. “And I hope he’s handsome” she added. “If I weren’t driving, I’d have slapped you on the head” Jongin said while Soojung laughed. “But sadly, you’re driving” she said. They arrived a few minutes later and this time, Jongin knocked on the door, feeling a little more confident. “Come in” they heard a voice and opened the door. “Hello, there. How may I help you?” an old lady smiled pleasantly at them. “Hello. We are here to meet a person named Kim Jinwoo” Jongin said after bowing. “Who are you? What do you want from me?” a voice said. Soojung and Jongin turned to see a boy, standing on the stairs, glaring at them with his hands stuffed in his pockets. “Sit down. I’ll make you tea. Jinwoo, try to be polite” the old lady scolded as she made her way

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter