Chapter One

Twisted Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Twisted Heart Chapter One: Stepping into High School

“What have I done to deserve this?” Jung Soojung groaned as she stood before her new classroom, on her first day at high school, alone. Usually, on the first day of school, she'll put on a smile and walk into the class with her friends and look around for a special place to sit but it was a different now. She hesitated going in but nonetheless, did so with an expression showing that she was annoyed as hell. Her friends, Choi Seulmi, Baek Sumin and Do Hweji were in class-I, Park Hyemin, Lee Eunjin and Choi Seohee were in class-III, making her the only person from her group of female friends to be in class-II.

Inside the class, she noticed that most of the girls were from same groups, making her say in her mind, ‘What lucky es they are’. She noticed that the boys, however, were most of her friends. The first person she saw was Kim Jongin, her best friend, who was chatting with Oh Sehun, her boyfriend. Sehun was shy and quiet while Soojung was the exact opposite. And it was a reason why Soojung sometimes just doesn’t like him, especially these days. He never approached her as a boyfriend would do, he barely spoke to her but he does occasionally steal glances at her, at times, some times. She ignored the talking duo and looked around the class, searching for empty seats, as far away from the two as possible. The seats were designed for 3 people to be seated, which Soojung thought was not necessary at all. All the seats were occupied by at least one person, making Soojung sigh as she sat on a random desk. ‘Where the hell will I sit?’ she thought. “Um, this is my desk you’re sitting on” a voice said. Soojung stood up and turned and was about to apologize when she saw the owner of the voice. It was Jung Daehyun. He and his group of friends called themselves ‘B.A.P’, though they weren’t much of what the name meant in Soojung’s opinion: Best. Absolute. Perfect. But their company alone could make her smile, especially Daehyun and Youngjae. “Daehyun!” Soojung beamed at the said boy who smiled at her. “Dude, you’re in this class too? Oh, at least you have friends” Soojung said as she looked at Daehyun’s seatmates, Zelo and Youngjae, who smiled in a friendly manner at her too. “Yep! I am. I see none of your friends are here” Daehyun said, making Soojung frown again. “Oh wait. I really got you the novel” Soojung said as she opened her bag and took out a book written by Cecelia Ahern. “Dude, I thought you were just messing around” Daehyun said as he took the book and checked it out. “I wasn’t. It’s a ‘thank you’ for bearing with all my ranting and my annoying behavior for 5 months” Soojung smiled gratefully. “Why’d you give him that all of a sudden?” Zelo asked. “I heard you went to America during the holidays. Is it true?” Youngjae asked as Soojung nodded. “Yep! It’s my hometown after all. That’s how I got him the book” said Soojung with a nervous chuckle. “Krystal!!!” a voice called, making Soojung groan. There was only one person in the world who would call her that and it was he who gave her that nickname. “Krystal Jung!!!” the voice called again. “Kim Kai, what is it!?” Soojung shouted back to the person, calling him the nickname she gave him in return for such a stupid nickname he gave her. Jongin grinned and gestured her to go to him. Soojung frowned and looked back at Daehyun, who was the only person she told her doubts about Sehun to. Daehyun smiled, “Go on. You can do it” Daehyun smiled encouragingly. Soojung put on a smile and walked toward Jongin and Sehun.

“What the hell, dude?” Soojung asked as she did the ‘boy greeting’ with Jongin. Sure, Soojung wasn’t a boy but she and Jongin had been friends for quite a long time that she does these boyish things with him; sometimes, not every time. Soojung looked at Sehun who looked at her for a brief second before turning away, making Soojung roll her eyes. ‘Some boyfriend you are’ she thought. “None of your female friends are here” Jongin said. “Would everyone please stop telling me that? I know, okay? And I’m suffering a crisis for it. I’ve got no freakin’ seat to sit on” Soojung said, making Jongin and Sehun chuckle. “That’s what I meant to say. Why not sit with us” Jongin said. “What? Why? This is my first year in high school! What will people think of me? And you’re asking me to sit with the two of you?” Soojung said. “Yep! Between the two of us” Jongin said as he pulled Soojung’s bag and placed it between his and Sehun’s bag. He pulled Soojung, making her sit on the bench while he and Sehun laughed as they sat on the desk. Soojung groaned, “I hate high school life already” she muttered.

Soon, class started and the homeroom teachers came in. “Hello, kids. I’m Choi Jinsoo” the male teacher said. “And I’m Song Chaeyoung” the female teacher said. “We are going to be your homeroom teachers. It’s nice to meet you all, you’re all so handsome and pretty” the male teacher, Mr. Choi said as he looked around the class with a smile. The girls swooned over the teacher, which the boys and Soojung thought was very disgusting. Mr. Choi was a bachelor who was very ‘modern’ and usually has the mind set like that of a teenager. Heck, he even colored his hair in red and black. His smile was replaced with a stunned look when he saw Soojung sitting between Jongin and Sehun. “Wh-why is Soo-Soojung s-seated there?” he asked, trying is best not to laugh. The whole class turned to Soojung who looked at the teacher with round eyes.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter