Taking Day Off

Taking Day Off
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hyung, just this one. Please? I know you've been busy these past few months and you want to rest. But, it's our only chance to have some time off together with Chanyeol hyung. Don't you miss us, hyung?" Sehun pouted, making Kyungsoo sigh.

Everything had been stressful for Kyungsoo these past few months. Promotion of movies, preparation for comeback, tap dancing, promotions of the album, shooting for upcoming movie, and concert. There are too much on his plate. He even missed the KPOP convention in Australia because of his schedules, also the fountain show in Dubai.

Even if he missed these firsts, s never left him out. They always send pictures and even call him whenever possible. Sehun always texts him every morning, telling him to eat before going to his destination. Suho calls him every night to ask about him, Baekhyun and Chen ruining the conversation, being hyper despite of being tired all day. Kai and Xiumin always message him privately, telling him to rest because he needs it. Lay, who's been more away from them keeps messaging him as well, cheering him to give him some energy.

As for Chanyeol, well, always messages him whenever there is a free time-- no-- always even if the schedules are tight. Chanyeol always finds a way to message him, just random things like: "Hey, Soo? What are you doing?", "Sooooooo I'm bored.", "Kyungsoo-yah, the fountain is amazing. I wish you are here with us. And oh, I hope Lay hyung is here with us, too.", "Soo? Are you sleeping?" "Soo. Soo-yah. Kyungsoo-yah.", "Sehun misses you.", "I miss you." Kyungsoo barely replies though, because he always sees the messages the morning when he wakes up, he has no time to reply to all of them because his schedules are always tight.

Sehun is still looking at him like a lost puppy. Seeing this expression of the maknae makes his heart ache. He doesn't want the maknae to be upset. Moreover, when was the last time he enjoyed being with them?

"Fine. Just let me shower first." Kyungsoo finally said.

Sehun smiled widely like a child having his favorite candy. He hugged the smaller man. "Thank you, hyung! We'll wait for you at Chanyeol hyung's room."

Kyungsoo hugged him back and tapped his shoulders. Sehun leaves his room and Kyungsoo sighed again. He should now prepare because this will be a tiring, yet, enjoyable day.



Sehun hummed happily while walking to his room when Baekhyun notices him.

"Oh, Sehunnie, you're more cheerful today. Care to tell hyung what happened?" Baekhyun smiled brightly.

Sehun smiled back. Seeing this smile of his hyung makes him happier. "Kyungsoo hyung and Chanyeol hyung will go out with me. I'm so excited."

Baekhyun, seeing the happy maknae, smiled wider. "Is that so? How I wish I could tag along."

"Aw, mianhae, hyung." Sehun said, his smile instantly disappeared. "I forgot to ask you if want to join.."

"No worries, Sehunnie. Actually, my head is hurting. Even if you ask me, I will not be able to join. I'll rest for today. The sub-unit will still have something to do tomorrow."

"Alright, hyung. Ah! Did you eat? Did you take some painkillers?" Sehun asked worriedly. Baekhyun smiled at him.

"Yes. I was about to go to my room when I saw you. Have fun, huh?" Baekhyun ruffled Sehun's hair and the latter smiled sweetly.

"Yes. Thank you, hyung. Please get some rest." Sehun hugged Baekhyun and walked him to his room.



"You're pretty close with Baekhyun these past few months." Chanyeol said to Sehun, while waiting for Kyungsoo to come over.

"Eh? We're even close before, hyung." Sehun answered innocently.

"I know. What I mean is, both of your are closer now. Like, really close?"

Sehun looked at him, confused. "I really don't get it, hyung. I'm close to everyone. Are you jealous?"

"What? With you and Baek? Nah." Chanyeol shakes his head. "I just find the both of you cute. Especially when Baekhyun is being touchy with you. Haven't you notice how he always wants to be beside you?" Chanyeol smiled. Sehun blushed.

"Baekhyun hyung is like that all the time. He's been touchy with you as well. It's not right that you give meaning to what hyung's doing to me, but you don't give meaning to what hyung's doing to you." Sehun said with hint of irritated on his voice.

Chanyeol laughed. "Of course I will not give meaning to his gestures towards me. We're bestfriends and that's all."

Sehun scoffed. "That's exactly my point, hyung. Baekhyun sees me as his younger brother. He's being touchy because he's comfortable with me. Don't give other meaning to that."

"So, what if, what if that's the case? I mean Baek sees you as a younger brother. How about you?" Chanyeol smirks.

"I-- uh--" Sehun is caught off guard.

"Enough with the interrogations, Chanyeollie. We have a long day today. Get up now so we can leave already." Sehun exhaled when he heard Kyungsoo. He felt like he was saved.

Chanyeol instantly stood up from his bed and grabbed his wallet and phone. Kyungsoo just stared with him for a moment, then walked to Sehun's side.

"Thanks, hyung. You're a life saver." Sehun whispered to Kyungsoo's ears.

"Shut up, Sehun. I have known for years that you have feelings for Baekhyun. I'm not that dumb. So Chanyeol's not, too. Just admit it." Kyungsoo whispered back.

"Heh. Admit it? Coming from you, hyung?" Sehun teased. Kyungsoo sent him a deathly glare. "Just joking, hyung. Let's go."



The day almost passed by without them even knowing. Their manager tagged along because they still need one when they go out, because who knows, these three always do silly things when they are together.

Kyungsoo went to a phone store to buy spare screen protector. Baekhyun texted him to buy some, because he needs to replace the screen protector on his phone. Sehun tagged along. Chanyeol just walked few blocks away with his manager hyung. He even managed to take pictures and saved them to his phone. They agreed to just meet at Kyungsoo's favorite restaurant.



Some fans, who are almost leaving already after eating, spotted them at the restaurant, and the manager politely asked if they could not spread some photos on the internet since they want to eat privately. The fans, being respectful with the manager and the boys, nodded and smiled. The three of them waved and said thank you. The fans squealed and they waved back. Then left the restaurant.

"I'm really happy that the girls didn't bother to come closer. They are really polite." Their manager said. "The girls are growing maturely, together with you, boys."

"I am happy and proud. If Baekhyun's here, I bet he's the proudest one." Chanyeol chuckled, then simply looked at Sehun who stopped eating, and looked at Kyungsoo who is just eating.

"Of course, he sees the girls as his children. I can't even express how he loves the fans." The manager added.

Chanyeol notices Sehun as the latter drinks his water and about to stand up.

"Where are you going, Sehunnie?" He asked.

"Uhm. Bathroom." Sehun said.

"I'll go along with you. I think I drank too much water." Manager said. They both stood up, leaving Chanyeol and Kyungsoo on the table.

Chanyeol quietly looked at Kyungsoo who is focused on the food. Then he noticed that Kyungsoo moved and put some meatballs on his plate.

"You should eat it. It's delicious." Kyungsoo said without even looking at Chanyeol. Chanyeol picked the food then eat it. Then nods silently while chewing.

"It is!" Chanyeol smiled. Kyungsoo looked at him and smiled as well.

"You should eat more."

"Nah. YOU should eat more. You lost some weight." Chanyeol said.

"Can't help it. Too much schedule."

"I know. That's why you should eat more. You can't be sick."

"Yeah. Thanks." Kyungsoo said, smiling sweetly. Then focused on his food again.

Chanyeol misses this. How Kyungsoo smiles with his eyes becoming like a crescent moon and his lips forming a heart. He misses Kyungsoo's genuine smile.

"I miss you." Chanyeol said. Kyungsoo looked up.

"You are exactly here with me right now. Yet you still miss me?" Kyungsoo confusely asked.

"I miss you. You are with me right now but, yes, I still miss you, Soo." Chanyeol looked intensely to Kyungsoo's eyes.

"What do you mean?"

"I--"

"Sorry guys, Sehun had some upset stomach that's why we stayed a little longer in the bathroom." Manager interrupted. Chanyeol and Kyungsoo was shocked a bit, but not letting the manager hyung know. So they just turn back to their normal selves.

"What happened?" Chanyeol asked Sehun afterwards.

"Maybe I just ate too much. It's okay, just finish your food then we can go back to the hotel. I can manage." Sehun said.



The drive back to the hotel is quiet. Sehun with his eyes closed, the manager driving, Chanye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter