Chapter 1

The Code: Matrix of Time

Minhyuk looked outside and was shocked how dark it has gotten outside the cafe. The year is in fact, 2018 and the man across him has just suddenly appeared out of the blue - as if materialising out of thin air. 

To be honest, if this happened a week ago, he would have called the police or at least the mental institution without hesitation - putting it down as this man was a nutcase. But that was a week ago. 

Now today, at this very moment, he was willing to believe every word this Wonho has to say. He was no longer the clueless cafe worker, no more the innocent Minhyuk that had the brightest view of life. The hard working young man still there but behind these sad knowing eyes is the knowledge that indeed this time watch DOES exist. He himself has used it so he knows all too well how real it is. 

See, because before Wonho turned up at the cafe. Another had walked through the door and left a watch that did just that! After hearing, Chae Hyungwon's description, he was now certain that stranger was none other then the Zillionare who have left the watch. 

He didn't come with the sale's pitch however, only a newspaper. He had sat down at a table in the center of this very cafe, then left after he finished his coffee with nothing more then a formal goodbye. When Minhyuk had came over to clean his table, there next to the cup of coffee was the unusual watch with all the bizarre bits and bots. It had enticed him to take and keep it ....well that and a small note that says 

"Use this well, Lee Minhyuk. From CH."

Confused at how the stranger knew his name and the hidden meaning of the message, he nearly forgot he was wondering why such a well dress man with a stripe jacket and matching pants, immaculately straight that hung to his tall lean frame would come to such a small homely cafe. Surely he would frequent the higher society cafe down the street. 

Well now he know he was a target.  A unwitting prawn in a game of chess that seems to be so complex that it can unravel the very fabric of the world. 

He seriously can not see his link in all this - but he can bet his bottom dollar it has to do with Im Chang-kyun, His best friend and the resident psychic of the slums - the most powerful fortune teller in town. He had always thought that there was more to that young man. He had thought he was dead, that he was only returning to that time and will experience the same events of the past... but no when he gone back to the time he thought that Changkyun was about to die to save him - he was actually chased by black suit men like those in M.I.B movie. He can't explain it but he thinks like this Wonho and the stranger, Changkyun is travelling through space and time. Unfortunately unlike these two, he has no control in the matter and his soul is wondering through the Matrix of Time. 

Something tells him these two will be the key to saving the man he called brother, so here he is listening intently and playing along.

"....they tied me up and took the watch by force. Unknown to them, the watch for me isn't the key for travelling through time - it was a facade. I knew they find me sooner or later - so i had gotten the chip that held all the power to travel through time implanted - in my brain - it is controlled by my memories and thoughts. To get it out you have to kill me. And they can't do that without destroying the balance of the world that we know."

Minhyuk snapped out of his thoughts.

"Wait, what do you mean...?"

"I mean I don't need a time watch to travel through time - I can just will myself into a time and place - easy as that. That the only way to protect my *king* who lives in the past. Unfortunately it also applies for Chae Hyungwon, his watch may be the main watch but its controlled by his mind. You will not be able to take that watch off him as it is no more then a realistic hologram that your fingers will just past through ...also a way for him to protect his daughter - his *king*"

Minhyuk's mind was reeling now - there too much he can not comprehend - too much mysteries - almost feel like he reading a sci fi novel. 

Minhyuk's looked at the normal wall clock - it 9pm and his stomach growled reminding him he forgot dinner. 

"Wonho, let go have dinner - I need time to digest this - you can come home with me to rest. Then i help you look for the clock mender Yoo Kihyun tomorrow."