Prologue

The Code: Matrix of Time

 

 

People had played around with the idea of travelling through time. Experiments with time machines usually leads to a pile of wasted metals – useless to say the least.

We all have those "What if?" questions don't we? If I can go back I will.... What if you can.

What if I said it is possible. IT IS possible to move freely through time – with this simple watch.

A watch designed by a man in the future – within it – the matrix of the time. Time's very code – it allows you to go back to change that one little thing or have just a glimpse of your future – save that someone from dying see those you loved again... the possibilities are endless.

All you need is this watch. These watches are made and tested by myself – give it a go there nothing to lose – I even give you a seven days trial of the watch.

So, what do you say. What will it be?

What would you do

What would you change?

Who would you want to see one last time?

Who would you save?

Payment? ....we can discuss about it later.

If you ever hear this "sale" pitch, run for the hills, run as fast as you can. Even if you have a million and one regrets or "what ifs". NEVER ACCEPT THE WATCH.

He isn't your saviour I promise you.

He isn't trying to help or save you.

He out to destroy our world.

For the most selfish reason possible.

For one soul – his daughter's – Cha Ji Su.

I should know – I am the one to make The Code – Shin Wonho

I am also the one that trapped the soul of Ji Su in the matrix – so I can go back in time to meet someone.

Where I am from, you may not believe it but it is the year 2047, a time when all we thought is impossible is possible. Flying to the moon is no longer a NASA project but a one day tour for the rich and famous- which i am clearly not. 

i'm a nobody. Someone that on the records do not exist. You will not find any existence of Shin Wonho of District 725, Road 52, Room 2. We are no longer Seoul or any country for that matter we merely a District, a Road then a Room number - that is if you are single. 

If you have a family then well... that another story altogether. If you are still alive after the annual "lucky dip", you bound to have one or two members "chosen" to die to keep the population from extinction. 

Having a family is a liability in this current time if it gets too big, the family will have to decide who is to be sacrificed. Your father or your son ...Who would you choose? This can lead to insanity trust me ... i was close to it at a point. 

People live in fear of the government that rules by a iron fist ....no literally a robot controls the life and deaths of citizens. We are no longer the masters they have became ours. 

We have lost to the A.I intelligence in the year 2024 in the Technology War,

I'm from The Code, a secret rebel base. You may have heard it whispered in the slums if you lived in my time. Yet you would be surprised to know - it was found by none other then the richest man in the world.  When i say "man" - don't be deceived. That man is beyond 110 years old but look like he is 24. But get this - he hasn't had any A.I enhancements in his genes or in his body parts - none at all. no he isn't a vampire nor any immortal of lore. He is something that we can not defined. With his sleek hair and his sad eyes, he seem to be a human but when he gets angry those eyes partially lights up a fluro green. 

Chae Hyungwon is much more then us and the AI robots that rules us

So let see I have introduced the one player of this chess game - the white - Hyungwon can move out in the open with no restraints 

And the other player is me - the black. The one on the run between time - through the past, the present and the future. Sometimes in between parallel time - I will explain that to you later...