Yellow

Palette

Yellow.

Quite similar to orange, except it was different, in its own way.

Orange was vivid, with a touch of red, and yellow was much more nurturing.

If orange symbolizes the energy in youth, yellow portrays the innocence of it.

 

And as Jieun signs signatures after signatures after signatures, with her caffeinated drink as her only source of energy to keep her brain from crashing-

“I told you to come back immediately after dinner,” her manager says, his eyes narrowing.

Jieun’s too tired to make an effort to glare at him, so she points at a new bottle of drink an arm reach ahead of her, feeling exhaustion kick in again.

Yellow was back then, when she was young, and inexperienced, and carefree. Yellow was before orange. Before she attained fame, before life sometimes became too much for her to handle.

Yellow were days she wrote in her diary, to fill up empty time.

Yellow were days she daydreamed of tasting orange.

Yellow were days she spent sleeping without an ounce of restlessness.

 

“Unnie, I’m your biggest fan. I listen to all your music, and you’re so much more prettier in person!”

Jieun put on a brave smile, hoping that the concealer her makeup artist dabbed on beneath her eyes was heavy duty enough to cover the dark circle in conversational distances.

She wouldn’t get to see yellow again for a very long time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I'm back with two chapters updated- just because I thought that the fourth chapter was too short on its own.

Some chapters will have to be short, as I'm not going for a full plot- super developed- action packed story. It's more like a slice of life, and it revolves around IU coming to compose Palette, more than anything. It will be much more minimalistic and less aggressive. Or so I was planning. I don't know what the fangirl in me will make GD and IU do. 

Anyways, thanks for such positive feedback in chapter 2, despite my lacking. Shout out to all the subscribers, and especially to those of you that commented!

I'll see you with a newly updated chapter in a week or two, so stay tuned!

 

Inten17eu: I'm so glad to hear that my updates make your day! I understand exactly how you feel, as a fic reader myself :) It's actually a vice versa thing with me-your comment makes my day. I'll try really hard to be persistent with the updates- sorry for updating at weird hours. 

dejavu081888: Thanks for the comment. I hope you stay in tune for the rest of the chapters to come!

chachavip: Ah, thank you. I really like the 'building' part of the relationship. Chapter 3 definitely speeds up the progress a tad bit, but that's because I got restless and really wanted some Gdiu moments. Of course I'll continue the story- actually it's my goal to mark a story complete. I've written four in total and none of them I've completed. But this one gives me a good feeling!

yellowcapoo: Thank you! Every comment energizes me in a different way from subscribes. Keep in touch with the chapters to come!