Bom Bom Beom

Golcha Drabbles

Jaehyun has this little secret that only he knows. He has this crush with this guy from another class. It's been a year now since he saw this guy and instantly had a crush on him.

Jaehyun saw him first in the music room. Well, not really saw him first but more accurately, he heard his voice first.

Luckily, Jaehyun had fallen asleep again in the music room. He sensed someone enter the room but he ignored it. He is fully aware that no one will see where he is hiding. But then his heart seem to be awaken by what he heard next.

The guy started singing Bom Bom Bom by Roy Kim. His voice made Jaehyun's heart sing. Jaehyun can't help to be amazed of the imagery that he is making just from listening to this guy singing. He didn't even bother to look at who it was because he is too immersed with the youthful feeling that the song is giving him. If there is love at first sight, there must be love at first song, Jaehyun thought to himself.

Then the song ended and it became silent. Jaehyun was too afraid to take a peek then he heard the door opened and only saw the back of the guy.



As days passed, all he could think about is how he felt a deep connection with the guy just by listening to his voice. He recorded half of it and can't seem to get enough of it. He need to hear his voice again.

Jaehyun was there at the music room again, with the purpose of sleeping there again but mostly because he thought that maybe the guy would come again and sing.

"Where are you? Can you just come here? I want to listen to your voice again." Jaehyun whispered to himself.

Then in an instant the door opened and someone played the piano. He played the song on the paino and sang along. Jaehyun recorded everything and somehow he memorized every detail of this man's face. His heart seems to be louder that the voice of the guy and the sound of the piano. He wanted to reveal himself and ask the guy his name but he was frozen at that moment. Jaehyun stayed there and watched as the guy with the cold yet heart-warming voice walked out of the room.

Days passed by and Jaehyun would think that he doesn't need to know anything about him. He loves his voice but that would be it.

At first, Jaehyun would just be happy seeing the guy around their campus. Those stolen glances that Jaehyun would treasure everytime he is in the same room as that mysterious guy. All those times they would walk pass each other. Every interaction, no matter how small it was, Jaehyun felt content and happy.

He really thought that he will be okay with not knowing more about this guy but everytime he gets to hear a detail about him, his heart's curiousity grows bigger and bigger.

Jaehyun always sees that the guy is with some senior who he knows that the senior's name is Sungyoon. He kind of hated the fact that he learned about the name of the senior first instead of the guy's name.

Then one day, Jaehyun was just walking around the campus. He is looking for a place where he can go because he just had the worst presentation in his whole school life. He wants to be away from everything for a moment and destress from life. He kept on walking, not thinking about where he would go. Then suddenly he looked up and saw a red balloon flying away from the rooftop. Someone shouted and his feet took him to the rooftop in a short time that would have not been possible if his heart did not recognized the voice he heard.

He opened the door and saw him there. The guy he had a crush on for months now. The guy with the angelic voice was lying down on the floor and Jaehyun got worried.

"Yah! Are you okay?" Jaehyun sprinted towards him.

The guy didn't answered.

When Jaehyun got close to the guy he realized he was sleeping. He is also listening to some music through his casette player. (Who owns a casette player these days?) His voice is lovely and angelic but his face while he is sleeping looking ethereal. Jaehyun realized that he was staring so long but he can't seem to look away. The face of the nameless man can make him feel emotions that he never knew existed.

Then all of a sudden he wakes up. Instead of getting shocked or something he stared at Jaehyun and it was Jaehyun who stumbled backwards. He would have fallen to the ground but the mystery guy's reflex are topnotch that he got to grab Jaehyun's hand and stop him from falling.

Jaehyun felt a rush of blush in his cheeks when he felt the soft hand of the guy. They stayed that way for a moment until the two felt the awkward atmosphere and the guy told Jaehyun to stand properly because he will let go.

"Thanks." Jaehyun said as he looked down trying to avoid eye contact.

"Who are you? Why are you here?" The guy asked.

"What? I can't be here?" Jaehyun was defensive. He clearly don't want to look like a stalker. Damn, he even is playing that recording of this guy's voice in his phone right now. Could he hear it through my earphones? Jaehyun thought.

"Hmm. Not really? I don't know. But you look weird staring at me like that." The guy scratched his nose a little bit, the way cool and manly guys do. This made Jaehyun scream internally.

"Sorry." Jaehyun softly replied.

"No. It's fine. What's your name by the way?" The guy really looks cool everytime he try to say something and this makes it hard for Jaehyun to speak.

"Ah- name? uhm, Jaehyun!" Jaehyun wanted to bury himself somewhere so that he could forget about how embarassing this moment was. He always wanted some wonderful first meeting for the two of them and he completely screwed it.

"Oh. I'm Kim Jibeom." The guy chuckled as he thought that Jaehyun acted cutely.