Jangyeol

Golcha Drabbles

The whole group knows how loud and extra Jangjun gets whenever he is awake. Almost everyone got annoyed with him at some point, almost everyone except for Lee Daeyeol.

"How do I get to annoy our leader?" Jangjun asked himself. He just pranked Seungmin and Daeyeol just smiled at him and told him that it was funny considering that no one got hurt by it.

Jangjun was pissed because he expected that the leader would scold him for being such a menace of the group. But no. Daeyeol just likes to treat him like a kid and let him do what he wants. Daeyeol never took him seriously, Jangjun thought that's why he made it his goal to be noticed by Daeyeol and be someone who is worthy of being treated seriously by Lee Daeyeol.

One time he went a replaced the coffee in the kitchen with some grounded chocolate. Jangjun knows to well that Daeyeol won't check the container and just go and make some coffee while being immersed in his book. So when Daeyeol took a sip of his coffee (well more like hot chocolate), the leader got surprised. To Jangjun's dismay, the guy didn't even bothered to get mad. All he did was stared at the cup and drank from it.

"Ugh. What? He should be yelling at me fore changing the contents of the coffee jar? That's what happened when I pranked Sungyoon? Okay, next plan then!

The next day, Jangjun got inspired by the prank of Lee Sungyeol (Daeyeol's brother) from one of Infinite's variety show.

So Jangjun got up early and went out to buy some bananas. As soon as he prepared the banana and the vinegar, he went around their dorm showing to everyone that he has a bundle of bananas and he won't share it to anyone. Everyone was looking at Jangjun the way Jangjun aimed to get as their reaction. Pissed, annoyed, not surprised at all, everyone again except Daeyeol.

"Oh! Jangjun! You got up early to buy some bananas! That's nice. Good work." Daeyeol pats Jangjun shoulder like he is recognizing his good deed. Jangjun felt a small blush in his cheek by this sweet gesture from the leader but then that feeling of failure zooms in to his heart.

No, this time I will make him mad at me. Jangjun thought.

"Thank you, leader!" Jangjun said and posed with a salute. "Here! Have some please! I bought it for you!" Jangjun offered a banana and everyone looked at the two. All except Daeyeol stared at horror thinking that this must be one of Jangjun's prank again and his target is Lee Daeyeol.

"Oh, really? Thank you Jangjun!" Daeyeol gladly took the banana. "I'll eat it later. At my room." Daeyeol walked away from the group and entered his room. He knows all too well about Jangjun watching that prank made by his older brother last night and he will not give Jangjun his satisfaction.

Jangjun waited for a scream or Daeyeol running towards the kitchen to throw up the banana but no. The day ended and Daeyeol didn't even seemed to act like he ate something disgusting.

He even came out with the banana peeling. "Thanks Jangjun. It was delicious." Daeyeol said. Jangjun stared at the peeling and run immediately to the remaining bunch of bananas. He ate one to check if he forgot to put vinegar on everything just in case Daeyeol would pick randomly. To his surprise, everything he thought Daeyeol would react, Jangjun did. He run towards the kitchen sink and threw up all of the big bite he took from the banana.

At the corner of his eye, he saw Daeyeol hiding his laugh. Jangjun is so annoyed with Daeyeol but he felt his heart warm from the soft chuckle that Daeyeol made. Jangjun didn't even notice that he appreciates the tiny details that Daeyeol does every now and then.

Then a few weeks later. Jangjun was ready to give up. He took his chocolate milk from the fridge and pour some in the glass when suddenly Seungmin took his revenged and scared the hell out of Jangjun making him spill he chocolate drink everywhere. To his bad luck, the spilled drink got to Daeyeol's favorite book and the white pages of the book turned brown.

Jangjun felt a cold wind against his skin. Yes, he wants to annoy Daeyeol but he would never go to this lengths. He would never ruin Daeyeol's favorite book just to get his victory. He would never do that. He would never hurt Daeyeol that way.

"Oh no." Seungmin said. Jangjun stared at him with so much fear. "If Daeyeol sees this...." Seungmin added.

"If Daeyeol sees what?" Someone spoke from behind. Jangjun could feel every hair in his body stood with fear.

"Nothing." Seungmin and Jangjun said at the same time.

Jangjun tried to hide the book behind his back but Daeyeol noticed the dripping chocolate milk from the book.

"Okay, unless your sweat is made of chocolate I wouldn't be curious to what's behind you Lee Jangjun. And did anyone saw my favorite book? I left it here---" Daeyeol freeze in horror.

"My book." Daeyeol frowned. But instead of yelling at Jangjun, he grabbed his book and walked away. He went to his room and locked himself for the whole day.

Jangjun felt guilty about everything that happened. Daeyeol must be thinking that he intentionally did that as a prank and he hates the thought that the leader must be thinking that way towards him.

For the next days, nothing changed. Daeyeol would smile at Jangjun everytime that they cross paths. During practice, Daeyeol would congratulate everyone for doing it a good job. That was all. Jangjun never felt more guilty than ever because Daeyeol was such an angel for being a kind person towards him.

Daeyeol noticed how Jangjun started changing. His pranks were not that bad that he is the only one who enjoys it. Now, everyone would laugh and relate to his pranks. Jangjun got closer to everyone and no one seems to be annoyed by Jangjun anymore.


Little by little, this small acts of Jangjun warmed the already soft and warm heart of Daeyeol and this adds to the leader's big wide smile.

Then a few weeks after the incident, Jangjun finally finished studying how to cook Daeyeol's dish. He wanted to cook something for Daeyeol right after the incident but because he wouldn't want to make any mistakes anymore, he dilligently practiced and asked others for help.

Then finally, he got to perfect the dish. He woke up early in the morning, and started cooking. Daeyeol got up early too but he didn't want to scare of Jangjun so he watched as how the younger was so focus on cooking a dish that Daeyeol seems to recognize right away.

It was Daeyeol's favorite and even if it is just a simple dish, the leader appreciated every effort Jangjun had poured into it for the past weeks.

When everything was finsihed, Daeyeol acted like he just woke up and walked towards Jangjun.

"Good morning leader!" Jangjun energetically said while posing with a salute to Daeyeol.

"Good morning!" Daeyeol replied with the same energy.

"I'm sorry for everything. I'm sorry for your book." Jangjun placed the dish on the plate in front of Daeyeol and before Daeyeol could say anything else, Jangjun took something from the kitchen counter and handed it to Daeyeol.

"Sorry if this might be too late now." Jangjun said. Daeyeol stared at the book that was in Jangjun's hands. He recognized it like it was the same book that he read and held for years now.

"Thanks." Daeyeol replied. It was the first time he heard Jangjun say sorry and he was thankful that the boy had finally changed for the better.