3/7

bad blood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He wanted coffee. A younger Kim Jongin from two years ago would have scoffed at the specific desire, yet the him from now decided to leave the fancy hotel room in order to satisfy his craving. One cup. Maybe two. They weren't too large after all.

Much money for almost nothing.

The enormous restaurant downstairs had just one table taken at this late hour and Jongin’s grin was genuine as soon as he spotted one of his closest friends and part-time rival. Sehun wasted no time in waving right back, already pulling a chair and tapping at it like a drummer.

As soon as he got his Americano, Jongin joined him.

“You look positively dreadful.”

Jongin made an even more dreadful expression at his friend.

“Well, you’re not the one who has to work with the Ice Prince who, by the way, has a even bigger stick upon his than previously thought. I swear I feel older by ten years. And look here. Grey hairs.”

There was no pity in Sehun’s eyes as he sipped his tea, not even gazing at Jongin’s hair.

“A small price to pay for the upcoming success.” At Jongin’s raised eyebrow he elaborated. “No offense, but stick upon his or not, Lee Taemin is a legend, like… he’s awesome man, he really is.”

“Whose side are you on?” Jongin complained after managing not to burn out his tongue. “Traitor.”

“Obviously yours yet it doesn’t mean I don’t have eyes. Yes, he may be difficult to deal with but give the guy a break. It’s not all pink for him either.”

“What do you mean?”

An are you stupid look was directed his way.

“Jongin… I swear I love you but you really need to learn how to properly use modern technology. It’s 2018 and besides, most of the good stuffs are up there. Stuffs like digging juicy things about Lee Taemin’s past.”

A mysterious past that was and well… Sehun had his reasons for calling him out this way. His relationship with phones and the like included mostly texting and there was that. Was there really any other need for anything else? Surely not and considering Jongin was a busy individual with a packed schedule full of training and such… wasting time on his phone presented itself as the kind of thing he'd rather not engage into. And yet…. Taemin’s past. Sign him up please.

“Fine you little traitor. Spill the tea.”

The offended expression lasted no more than three seconds before Sehun leaned forwards, voice dripping with excitement.

“Ok, so listen. Chekov is his coach since Taemin was nine and a half. Before that… he used to live in an orphanage near Gangneung and was skating on the public rink in there. He had someone to look after his training but from what I gathered it’s clear those times were not exactly good for him. Some even talk about… the kind of coach who humiliates rather than encourage you. Of course, we don’t know for sure and Taemin always evades those questions... Also, there are problems with his legal situation, the russian coach, our federation tries to dictate what he does…. these kind of things.”

Oh.

“So…. Ice Prince had a ty childhood?” 

Sehun nodded with great importance.

“Still doesn’t excuse his behavior,”Jongin declared, thinking back to two years ago when Taemin had humiliated him. What did you said your name was? “He thinks himself

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter